Anxiety Medication

RampageBear

Does anyone know a good strain of bud for anxiety/panic attacks?

The last time I smoked I completely freaked out and thought I was dying...
I would love to find something I could smoke and not have the heart racing/crazy feeling of dying.

...I don't understand why I keep having negative experiences. It sucks donkey ass. I just want to be able to light up by myself and with friends and not have that horrible panic.

Anyone have this problem? :thanks:

Greetings! :)

I would have those types of experiences sometimes, and it was always high THC strains with little/no CBD. But after using Cannatonic and other similar strains that are high CBD, I stopped having those types of reactions altogether. Try to find yourself strains that have at least as much CBD as THC. You'll still get buzzed, but the negative reactions will be kept away.

Also try edibles instead of smoking, that helped me as well.

Give it a shot!

:high-five::green_heart::yummy:

Thank you OnlyOrganic :) A lot of people have told me 'Headband' is a good strain for Panic attacks, would this be true?
It's been awhile since I've tried anything because it scared me. :/

You're most welcome! :)

I've had Headband before, and it's a Hybrid with Sativa-dominant characteristics. A unique head-high that definitely earns its name. As far as using it in order to prevent/deal with panic attacks, I honestly would be hesitant to recommend it. Not because it would cause that sort of thing, but because it is all THC and no CBD. You need to find balance with your flowers. If you were to find a super high CBD strain like Cannatonic and mix it with Headband, then you would most likely find very positive effects. They are both Hybrids, so you wouldn't be too up or down, and the CBD would balance with the THC and keep your anxieties in check.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I've been through this. The absolute best advice is to stop smoking, because that will raise your blood pressure [among other things] and can cause anxiety and panic attacks. There are very affordable vaporizers on the market, like the Magic Flight Launch Box which is a cheaper portable one (with a Lifetime Warranty, no less).

Even better would be to consume it without inhaling, by eating edibles or even chewing it raw (if you don't mind the taste, though I quite like it). I no longer smoke, vape, or take edibles because I only feel safe with my anxieties by eating it raw. I've yet to have the chance to try it fresh, but eating the dried buds has, over a short period of time, essentially cured me of my previously terrible anxiety problems. You'll feel all of the positive effects (relaxation, anti-anxiety, anti-depression, etc.), and possibly even slight euphoria if you eat a lot... but not high, so you won't feel like you're floating, dumbed-down, etc. And even when eating it raw I get the greatest anti-anxiety effects only from high CBD strains, no exception. CBD has properties that keep all of the negative effects from THC in check.

I hope this advice does you well, and feel free to ask anything else. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates, and also please do not hesitate to PM me once you get over 50 posts. Cheers!

:thumb::goodluck:

I'm also intrigued. By chewing raw, dry buds I assume the thc is not nearly as active because it needs high temps in order to active (like smoke or vapor), right? Thus ingesting cbd, and little thc because our body temperature never gets above (in theory) 99 degrees?

Find some Tora Bora. If you have nocturnal panic attacks, try mixing it with some Purple Kush.

I would love to find something I could smoke and not have the heart racing/crazy feeling of dying.

...I don't understand why I keep having negative experiences. It sucks donkey ass. I just want to be able to light up by myself and with friends and not have that horrible panic.

This happens either because of an early harvest or short curing time.

I've read that AK-47 is good for chilling out, pheno #1 was cut at 10 weeks with a 2 week cure, all it did was make me paranoid.
Smoking it after a 2 month cure, the effect was more relaxing.
Pheno #2 that was cut at 12 weeks, and cured for 3 months, was really euphoric and relaxing, it all depends at what stage you cut your plant at, so you'll need to experiment with milky/amber trichome ratio, and find the one that works best for you.

Safe strains for anxiety are: Northern Lights; arguably the best Indica in the world, Blueberry; Amesterdams favorite, Strawberry Cough; I've read people swear by it as the best thing for anxiety out there, I haven't tried it though.

Indica I'd go with Skywalker or Pakistani Kush (those give me a very deep body high that's perfect for night time and for Satvia I'd go with White Widow, Animal cookies or Jack Herer (give me a nice uplifting but relax high that keeps me feeling positive about my day.)

I too am trying to find the right strain to get for Panic Attacks and Anxiety. It appears I want a HIGH CBD and LOW THC plant. I would appreciate any guidance in this regard. As of now the only thing I can seem to find like this are edibles, whereas I would prefer to Vape.

I can totally relate! It's so hit and miss. While I get that there are many alternatives to smoking, I've also had BAD experiences with edibles, and if you haven't gone down that road lemme tell you, it is WAY worse than any bad smoking trip you've had. Once you're on the edible "overdose" train, you're riding that puppy til the end. There's a reason they call those damn cookies "daywreckers".

It's tough to recommend a strain based on personal experience since body and brain chemistry have so much to do with it. For me, smoking on an empty stomach is often a bad idea. I've had the "I'm going to die" feelings, the unbearable paranoia (which I think has a lot to do with the environment you're in when you're high). But for me, Blue Dream has never steered me wrong. Tonight for example, I was very irritable and moody, most likely due to stupid old PMS (which I'm finding gets worse as I get older, yay for that!), but just one hit of Blue Dream, and I was doing just fine.

Experimentation is part of the learning process with medical pot, so I hope both of us can find some great advice here! Good luck!

I use cannabis for anxiety as well, and definitely notice a difference from a high thc strain with little cbd, as it increases those feelings dramatically;

I notice one of the new sponsors has a strain I was looking for after reading about it
True North Seed Bank - Pennywise

In over 70% of tested samples the CBD was in the range of 12-15% CBD and equal parts of THC as well.

also, crop king seeds has 2 new medical CBD strains that were set to release today, but there is no info on them online yet.

my next grow will likely be with one or 2 of those 3 options.

:thumb:

Try taking a small 1/2 hit. Just a slight little bit of smoke or vapor. Vapor is much preferred. Since this is a medical only thread I assume you're a medical patient. Judging by your post you don't grow your own. A good place to start is at your medical dispensary. Your bud tender should be able to recommend a good high CBD strain. :circle-of-love:

I have had anxiety disorder in recent years and more recently severe panic disorder. I have found that the high THC Sativa strains I have tried increased or brought on an attack since the onset of these mental health issues. The Indica strains I have used since this mental health issue has become a problem , with fairly high CBD, have been better for me. I have also found that I needed to cut back on how much I used at any one time a bit to not have any anxiety. This may just be imagined, but I have erred to caution to avoid the full blown panic attacks. Afghan and Northern Lights have worked well for me. I agree, that it may be an individual thing and as others have said to me , if it smells real good to you it may be right for you. I still need the pain relief and the other health benefits of Cannabis and have always enjoyed a good smoke to help me relax and sleep well. Good luck with your search!

I think Sativa strains might be what you're looking for. I don't know much about anything, but they tend to not cause those side effects (I think).

Hey again! My guy gets panic attacks when smoking & I got him vaping the cbd oil~ it helps his anxiety & back pain with no panic attacks in sight! I think you're on the right path!

The only strain that truly helped my anxiety was Critical Mass x Super Silver Haze from Delicious Seeds.
It has massive yields and it basically calms yo down when you are having panic attacks, i probably wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for it.

Candida- Medical Marijuana Genetics
Tesla, Stephen Hawkings Kush, Love - AlphaKronik Genetics.

For a wee bit stronger 1:1, Pennywise - TGA
LemonAID - Original Sensible Seeds
Sweet Nurse - Sweet Seeds

Back
Top Bottom