Wanted - MS patients on the site

Dave Groomer

I was just curious how many other MS patient are here? Considering how little research has been done, maybe we could ask some questions and maybe get some answers.

For example. There are studies that show cannabis protect the brain. I smoked a lot of pot in college and for a while after (till about age 25.) I also drank to excess. When I was 25 I got sober. I did not smoke again till after I was diagnosed (age 45) I started to look into MMJ. When I was diagnosed, the Drs didn't think that it was MS. I was too old. So my question is, knowing what I know now, if I had continued to smoke, would I have gotten MS? Did it come on so late for me due to the fact I smoke a lot when I was in the prime age to contract MS?

Was anyone a regular smoker before they were diagnosed?

What strains work best for you? For me, I find Blue Blood works good for night time. It helps me sleep mostly pain free. I also use infused coconut oil both orally (during the day) as well as topically. Rub it into anywhere that hurts (including the back of the neck for headaches.)

Please feel free to add, ask or comment on anything MS here.

:peacetwo:

Sorry to revive an old thread Dave, but I'm a 49 year old male, diagnosed with MS when I was 39. Same story as me, the neurologist thought I was outside the age for having MS. I drank and smoked a lot in my younger years and then gave up smoking for a career that did urine tests. Later on when I was diagnosed I started back up smoking, more of a coping mechanism. I'm pretty weak now and don't get around so good, but still have enough life in me to grow. I wouldn't mind knowing how much you've learned about MS and cannabis. If your still around!
Cheers man✌️

Good Morning. Yup. I am still here and kicking.

I have several people with MS that I help along with myself.

I tend to stick with sativas for day and indica for night. I have one friend that uses infused coconut oil. She takes it before bed and usually lasts her 24 hours. On particularly bad days she will use a vaporizer to help.

Another friend, we are still trying to find what works best. He will eat a brownie at night to help him sleep, but struggles during the day. He will start trying "micro-dosing" with infused olive oil. Hopefully, 4-8 drops at a time will help relieve symptoms without the high.

THC & CBD together will probably be the most helpful. 1 to 1 (thc/cbd) to 2 to 1 seems to work the best. Blue Blood, CBD Critical Mass are just a couple of good strains.

It is now a miracle cure. I wish it was. But it helps relieve the symptoms. The first person I wrote about was getiing shots in her eyes once/month before she started on cannabis 2 years ago. She has not has a shot since and her ophthalmologist is thrilled.

Sorry. Off to work now. Feel free to continue this conversation and ask any questions. I will help as best I can.:circle-of-love::peace:

Sounds like, for the most part all the same things I'm doing indica for rest sativas during the day, although I have been juicing a fair bit. The THC-A and CBN-A along with Chlorella have helped my digestive system in amazing ways.
I've found a few good CBD strains, now that it has gained popularity.
A new one for me is infused MTC oil, the liver converts it into ketones and are extremely beneficial for those suffering with MS brain fog.
Thanks for your time Sir ✌️

Back
Top Bottom