Negative effect reversal

Chuwey

I love ganja, edibles are my preference, and THC is a must. It has helped me overcome addictions and not take life too seriously (when necessary). But there's no doubt that it kills my get-up-and-go, and I've ready plenty of research articles finding that THC lowers glutamine transmission and dopamine. So that explains the negatives to me.

But that doesn't mean I throw out the baby with the bathwater. Just because I want to stay focused and driven shouldn't mean I have to swear off a medication that has helped me in so many other areas. Anyone know of any research, or have personal experience, counter-acting the lack-of-drive effect? Is is Wellbutrin? High-dose vitamin D and Calcium? Yohimbine?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Try a Sativa dominant strain. It sounds like you've been using Indica.

Ironically, CDB apparently has little negative effect on cognition. The studies that have focused on cognition have focused on THC. So while I wish I could avoid this with Sativa strains, I doubt that would work. And I'm not too interested in CBD-dominant strains--for some reason they don't seem to help as me much and (perhaps not surprisingly) aren't as fun.

I don't know that I'd be experimenting with ANY psychotrophics while partaking of weed. The side effects and negatives of allopathic psych meds are bad enough without mixing it with the psychoactive effects of cannabis.

There's hope! I found a peer reviewed scientific study succeeding with reversing that lack of motivation that many (certainly I) get from use. On phone but will circulate today.

Back home now. The surprising remedy is over-the counter COX-2 inhibitors, like ibuprofen or Naproxen (Aleve)! It's cited by 20 other publications that I haven't reviewed, and was published in a reputable journal and looks solid. Some limitations are noted. For one thing, the test was on mice, not humans. On the upside, the amount of THC they gave them was ultra high because they wanted to see how effective COX-2 inhibitors could be. They explain the theory behind its effectiveness within.

Anyhow, something I'll certainly be trying. I know I'm the OP, but I've heard of many others feeling the same side effect I complain of (usually daily smokers).

Back
Top Bottom