Girlfriend looking for special strain to help with her PTSD - Please help!

sn95vert

So me and my girlfriend have been together for a little while and she used to be a heavy smoker. Long story short, she found her ex BF committed suicide in their apartment when she came home from work and since then she gets emotional and has bad effects from smoking or even smelling it in the bag. Once and a while she'll ask to take a drag but no matter what, she has not find anything to have her just relaxed and laid back. Im wondering if someone here can help her with her problem.

Edibles and therapy

Do a Google web search using "PTSD" and "Cannabis strains".

So me and my girlfriend have been together for a little while and she used to be a heavy smoker. Long story short, she found her ex BF committed suicide in their apartment when she came home from work and since then she gets emotional and has bad effects from smoking or even smelling it in the bag. Once and a while she'll ask to take a drag but no matter what, she has not find anything to have her just relaxed and laid back. Im wondering if someone here can help her with her problem.
I'd get her some Fruit Spirit/White Berry.
It's a cross between White Widow and Blueberry.
White Widow is an effective stress reliever, and is good for PTSD.
Blueberry is very euphoric and relaxing, it works well for mood disorders including PMS.

If she's also depressed you can try anything with Skunk #1 in it.

Good luck.

sn95vert, what state are you in?

In Washington PTSD has been added to the list of MMJ qualifying conditions, and there is some research and breeding going on to create new strains that specialize in treating PTSD. It's a really big and wonderful deal, but it also sets up a lot of people for experiences just like the one you describe.

With the movement still in it's infancy, there is still a lot of confusion that floats around as everyone scrambles best they can to work with this new plant based form of medicine. Some marketing progress has been made in calling products "Indica" "Sativa" and "Hybrid" but this description is scientifically incorrect and can only help patients so much. Truth is the species "Cannabis Sativa L" has as many infinite possibilities as the species "Homo Sapien." Saying Indica or Sativa is like saying Black person or White person, while Hybrid would mean some mix of the two, like the president.

Now, add to that the trouble that arises when people expect everything named the same "strain name" to be the same. That rarely happens, unless you get a clone/cutting of the strain directly from the person that created it, AND grow it exactly how the strain creator tells you to. That's because breeders (strain inventors) sell seeds, not clones/cuttings. So, any given "strain" like Blueberry, is actually the children of perhaps DJ Short's Blueberry, which he invented and now sells seeds of it. So it's more like growers everywhere are buying children from one prize individual or stud, which is named "DJ Short's Blueberry." Sure there's usually a family resemblance, but the seeds, like baby humans, are not exact copies of the parent. So if we continue the human analogy, a Strain name is like a family last name, but a Strain's first name... is well... always missing.

All of this just makes it very difficult on growers, edible makers, dispensaries and doctors to provide a strain or product that always acts the same with no unexpected changes that could cause very horrible effects for some people.

Sooo.... What to do?... The task you describe is challenging but possible. Don't give up. I speak from personal medical experience. The key for you is to find a good provider. Someone who grows with a stable method and has a strain that works for your girlfriend. THAT's the strain's missing first name. Then, that grower needs to commit to continuing to grow and provide that strain to you.

This is why I ask you what state you're in.

Back
Top Bottom