Arthritis

HI Schmotz, I've got arthritis pretty much everywhere; spine, neck, hips, knees, etc. And, I've used cannabis every night for like 5 years. I don't think weed is especially good for arthritis because it only stops you from feeling the discomfort or pain for the first hour or so after using...then it gradually returns. I mean that's nothing to sneeze at but I don't think the weed does anything at all for the inflammation..it just distracts you, so to speak, from the discomfort. As long as the inflammation remains the pain will remain. Compare this to an Advil which actually reduces inflammation for 8 hours or so.

Hello schmotz :)

There are strains likely to help you, and some are supposed to help with the inflammation depending on what levels of which cannaboid and terpenes in them.

I grew a number of Bomb Seed strains this year. It was my 1st ever grow as I only started using cannabis about 4 months ago. I have arthritis as well as spurs on my spine in my neck that cause nerve pain and numbness in my arms and suffer from insomnia.

I will tell you what I was told here first "you will try a lot of strains before you find one that does what you want"

Now I will give you what I have learned from experience so far. Of the 4 strains I grew, THC Bomb helps relieve both the nerve pain and the arthritis and helps me sleep at night, but I only generally use it at night as it does tends to make me sleepy LOL

The Cherry Bomb helps with the nerve pain but only really eases the arthritis, it does cure it, just tends to lessen the level of pain.

The other 2 strains I have yet to try as they are still not cured enough to suit me

I intend to grow some Blue Dream in the near future as so many tell me its good for pain, is uplifting, and will allow me to function during the day :)

Thank you both for the info, i have high blood pressure so i stay away from things like advil and ibuprofen, i use aleve to eleviate the inflammations but it doesnt always take away the pain.

I have tried blue dream myself and it does help with the pain and i can still function and work without feeling zombified, but where i live now im finding it hard to find things like blue dream and girl scout cookies, i have ran into some cannabis like orange kush which is good, but i would like to have something more functional.

Is there any good seed banks in the US? Or are most seed banks out of the country? Im a little hesitant to buy seeds online due to legal issues, has anybody had good experiences with online purchases? Ive been reading and checking out Ron Bergmans site " I love growing marijuana" has anyone had good experiences with him?

Morning Schmotz

I have only ordered from one seed bank, they're out of Canada but not a sponsor here so won't mention them.

There are 2 that are sponsors here from Canada: Crop King Seeds which I've not heard anything but good about, and True North Seeds. There are also a lot of over seas sponsors as well, check the sponsor forums :)

Back
Top Bottom