Newest of the new - Need so much help!

Rightomorrows

Hey guys, got my MMJ card a few days ago.
Note that I haven't smoked in 20+ years, and even then it was maybe 2,3 times. So maj novice here!

Finally went to the dispensary yesterday (we only have 1) and the selection is poor! I picked up a Blue Cheese pre-roll and 1 gram of Tango, an edible also. I have zero equipment, well until I remembered the glass pipe I confiscated from one of the kids a few years ago, Win!! Of course I have no idea how to use it (youTube to the rescue).

Severe chronic shoulder pain from nerve damage 11 years ago, muscle spasms & insomnia from the pain. That's what I'm trying to treat, currently on narcs of course.

From what I've read New Mexico has the worst suppliers & selection of herb, but it is what it is I guess. My local dispensary didn't have any real medical info to share, not like I expected. Basically just info like, 'this is indica and this is sativa' with percentages. I'm going to try the one that's 40 miles away and hope it's better.

I own my own business so a functioning med is ideal and then something more indica dominant in the evening to help with sleep I think is what I'm after.

But it feels a little terrifying being so green, like I have this glass pipe that my 14 year old was a master at and I have no clue!

Anyway, any tips for the 41 year old virgin or if you know a great dispensary in NM, I'm willing to travel. Or strains available here that you're familiar with. Please pass it on, I'm an blank slate! (also stalking all the threads here!)

Thanks!
XO:thanks:

Also I keep trying to look up Tango (purchased yesterday) and all I can find is Mango Tango. Anyone know if it's the same thing?

I literally need a mentor. (staying on my og thread as to not drive u all crazy!)

I read several of SweetSue's great threads. Thank you SweetSue, so helpful and informative!!

So I loaded glass pipe with the Tango sativa, took 3 solid hits off of it about an hour ago, feeling a very light head high, pain is still at a 7. Is it likely that I didn't smoke enough?

Hi Righto. I'm not much help as far as growing. But I think a few good hits of quality bud should help your pain level. I have a bad back with spinal nerve damage and it really helps me a lot. Especially when it's time to sleep. It's really the only thing that helps me get good sleep to heal up.

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I guess I am fortunate that I have great dispensaries near me. Some are better than others. I tried a few before I found one that is ran with true professional experienced bud tenders. It really helps. For what it's worth I really like the Sativa's during daytime and hybrids at night

Hi Rigtomorrows

You will have to try different strains and see which one works best for you but, very basically, if you're looking for a pain reliever, you should go for strains with high CBD content, which works great as an analgetic. It doesn't matter so much if it's an indica or a sativa-dominant strain. High CBD content is what you're after.

Thanks for the tips MiOutdoorsman & Croatsan. I'll hit up the other dispensary and hope to find some more helpful staff there. I've read a lot about popular strains, but we don't seem to have many of those in NM. From what I can tell off the disp. websites anyway. Trial and error I assume. I'll keep at it.

Edibles, since they rarely seem to have much info re: the strain or CBD content, are they usually better day or night? Or is that hit or miss depending on brand? I have a 30g THC dark choc. and not sure when I should test it out.

Thx!

Edibles work differently, it takes longer to take effect than when smoked. Between 30 minutes and up to an hour, sometimes even more. Usually, the effects also lasts longer. So, if you haven't consumed cannabis orally before, keep that in mind. It's easy to ingest too much.

As for the time of day, I wouldn't know. All I can say is, make sure you don't have anything important to do that day :)

Noted Croatsan!

I'm on the keto diet and sugar and carbs a big no no! So edibles should be out of my range anyway, but figured I should try everything once right! So no worries about downing the entire chocolate in one sitting, I haven't had sweets in 2 months! This Keto thing could get challenging if the munchies hit hard. I don't think celery and cheese will do it. :laughtwo:

HI

Is it possible for you to grow on your own?
SweetSue has the best info and testing going on in her StudyHall.
You could make your own capsules and or creme also wait.. she has a new thread ...wait I will find link

I'm on the keto diet and sugar and carbs a big no no! So edibles should be out of my range anyway, but figured I should try everything once right! So no worries about downing the entire chocolate in one sitting, I haven't had sweets in 2 months! This Keto thing could get challenging if the munchies hit hard. I don't think celery and cheese will do it. :laughtwo:

Fortunately, there are numerous other options at your disposal to make nice edibles, beside sugars and carbs.

Last, but not least, there's a lot of fun in making them yourself, instead of buying them. Best part - you don't have to be a culinary virtuoso to do it :)

Edibles are hit and miss for me. Some did nothing and some were way too strong. Good luck on your search

I've read about making edibles and bhang (is that the right word??) Also I'm unsure if I can make bhang with heavy cream rather than regular milk, which is on my No list.

I guess I should find a strain that's my jam first? I tried Mammoth and Early Vixen this weekend. EV was ok, straight to sleepy town, moderate pain relief. I was told at the disp. that Mammoth was a perfect daytime strain, super energetic, focused. No, couchlocked, good thing I tried it on Sunday and not Monday.
However I also bought their 'super salad' and it came labeled Mammoth also, so there's a 50/50 chance I smoked the salad yesterday, I have no way of knowing. My palette is not yet refined enough to distinguish notes of earthy berries or whatever I read about Mammoth. :hmmmm:

AngryBird, Thanks so much for the link. I actually had that post opened in another tab on my browser when you sent it. SweetSue has shared so much valuable info, I've bookmarked half a dozen posts! She's a gem!

Thanks again!!:thanks:

Is it possible for you to grow on your own?
SweetSue has the best info and testing going on in her StudyHall.
You could make your own capsules and or creme also wait.. she has a new thread ...wait I will find link

Yes AngryBird, I can get a license to grow, I'm not quite there yet though. I'm on a steep learning curve. :cheesygrinsmiley:

She is an amazing woman and full of knowledge about cannabis creme/ointments tinctures capsule butter... you name it !
I understand you. I am learning too, killed a few baby plants on the way.
Trying to soak all the info in about WHAT can be done to heal and HOW it is done.. together with HOW to grow...
:cheer:
Just start " for fun" with one seed...

The topical salve works wonders for pain without intoxication. Seemingly less FUN but once your pain is under control, you may begin to remember what being free of pain felt like to begin with. Fnck those narcs!! Steal your life, they will!!
I know about the shoulder pain. From there it spreads to neck muscle groups, back muscle groups upper and lower. Then forward progress ceases and misery is accompanied by prescribed opiates. Then it all turns caca!!
Try to make some topical salve. Gonna be pricy out the door of the dispensary but it works almost immediately and should last for sometime. Once your learning curve straightens a bit so you can grow it for yourself, you should be back in decent form. Read the grow journals!!! Best of luck!!

Back
Top Bottom