First time dry herb experience - Holy cow!

maryjanelife

Okay, i was recently approved for medical marijuana.

I got prepared for my package to arrive by purchasing an Arizer Air.

Mine is through Bedrocan - 17 THC and 1 CBD

If anyone has seen an arizer air you will know how tiny the tube is that you place the medical marijuana into. I'm not sure it's even 1 bowl. Maybe half?

Anyway, I went outside where it was sunny to take it. Set it to green and inhaled. Nothing. Inhaled two more times, didn't feel anything. I then took it out to check if the weed had gone from green to brown. It was half brown. I shook it a little and put it back and took two more hits on it, then emptied out and went inside.

That's when it began. About 5 mins in.. I felt it creep up on me.

Now having never taken this before in my life but having tried ( alcohol and kratom in the past. Never together. ) i was kind of expecting it to be something like one of those.

It wasn't.

The only way i can describe it. It wasn't a high feeling. It was a low feeling. Like having someone place a hundred pound weighted blanket over me.

It began in my head then went to my body. About 15 mins in i started laughing over the most stupdiest things. Like really frigging hard.

Then, i became super tired. I fell asleep for one hour. When i awoke. I tried to continue working but within another hour i was asleep again. Then i got up and had dinner and such, did a few things and then i sat down again and i was out like a light again for 2 more hours.

It's now been 8 hours since i had it and i'm starting to feel like myself again.

Honestly, not sure i entirely liked it. I thought it would make me feel energetic, creative and wide awake and such. It wasn't an uplifting feeling. it was like going into a sauna with my clothes on and then getting into a hot pool. Uncomfortable but not overly uncomfortable.

Personally i have found Kratom to work nicely on pain without this heavy feeling ( even though if you pick the wrong strain with that you can end up feeling tired )

I thought with it being a sativa and 17%THC and 1 CBD it would be more uplifting.

This would be great as a sleep aid but not for functioning in the day. I couldn't function on that. I have four more strains from them that i will be trying ( one is 7% THC and 9%CBD, another 20%THC and 1 CB and another is 22% THC and 1% CBD and another is 17 and 1)

So my question is.... is this normal? will the sleepiness go away the more i continue taking or have i picked a wrong strain? Is it the high THC thats causing the sleepiness and feeling as though i am under water? Or should i have only inhaled 1 time?

I mean damn, it is a heavy heavy feeling. I now understand what they mean by the word stoned.

Hard to function like that. I was hoping i wouldn't feel so heavy and doped up.

Any thoughts or advice on the above appreciated.

Well let me just start with apologies as this is not normal for the 420 world. I'm suprised no one got back to you mate. Yeah all that is normal my friend especially with first time users. Just think back when we where young and drinking for the first times lol nothing like how we have a drink nowa days right ? yeah try just taking one hit and wait 10 15mins and see how you get on as it won't kick in straight away. Unfortunately I'm not an expert with cbd levels and medicinal use. But I do know if your looking for less high and more medical properties then low thc and higher cbd is what your after, I think lol. Like I said not much experience in the medical world yet just what iv picked up on here.
Try and just enjoy the feeling and not worry what it's doing as this might make you abit paranoid or anxious. Just remember no one has ever in the history of mankind ever ever died or had any serious health affects from cannabis. So the worst that will happen I'd you get lazy and raid the fridge of all your food
Hopefully this will help you somehow :)
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for responding you two.

Here's what i had. I will paste the description as it seems to conflict with the way i felt and as i say, i couldn't have had more than half a bowl if anyone is familiar with the size of the arizer air stem. It has a tiny area for weed. It certainly didn't provide any energy. So no idea what they are going on about there :)

I will say though this is good for sleep issues lol As it knocked me on my ass from about 4 hits ( not 4 bowls )

It says it can be consumed in the morning or afternoon but i don't think so unless a person wants to sleep the day away.

I will try another strain and save that one for just before bed. ( I also will only take 1 inhale )

Bedrobinol

Introduced in 2005 - Bred in-house by Bedrocan from a combination of Afghani and Pure Haze. Bedrobinol is a sativa variety with a mid-range THC content, containing 17% THC / <1% CBD.

A popular strain with new clients, Bedrobinol has been reported to help with everything from pain management and providing energy to appetite stimulation and social anxiety. Because of its cannabinoid content, this strain has many medicinal applications.

Bedrobinol is characterized by a dark green hue and dense buds with a moderate, but rich, trichome profile. Given this strain's versatility it can rightly be consumed in the morning, at midday, or in the evening.

Thanks for responding you two.

Here's what i had. I will paste the description as it seems to conflict with the way i felt and as i say, i couldn't have had more than half a bowl if anyone is familiar with the size of the arizer air stem. It has a tiny area for weed. It certainly didn't provide any energy. So no idea what they are going on about there :)

I will say though this is good for sleep issues lol As it knocked me on my ass from about 4 hits ( not 4 bowls )

It says it can be consumed in the morning or afternoon but i don't think so unless a person wants to sleep the day away.

I will try another strain and save that one for just before bed. ( I also will only take 1 inhale )

Bedrobinol

Introduced in 2005 - Bred in-house by Bedrocan from a combination of Afghani and Pure Haze. Bedrobinol is a sativa variety with a mid-range THC content, containing 17% THC / <1% CBD.

A popular strain with new clients, Bedrobinol has been reported to help with everything from pain management and providing energy to appetite stimulation and social anxiety. Because of its cannabinoid content, this strain has many medicinal applications.

Bedrobinol is characterized by a dark green hue and dense buds with a moderate, but rich, trichome profile. Given this strain's versatility it can rightly be consumed in the morning, at midday, or in the evening.

I do not know this strain, however, Afgani is a major Indica and if their genetics are not true, they may have a pheno that is more indica.

There are many good sativa strains that people like. Blue Dream, Jack Herrer, Green Crack, as well as the 2 I mentioned earlier. You just need to find one that works well for you. As for "dosing", start low and slow. ! hit, wait a few minutes. Then take another if you need it. Some strains will hit you fast and some will creep up on you. Good luck in you search!!! :circle-of-love::peace:

I ended up trying a different strain that was 22% THC/ <1% CBD)

No tiredness this time and very uplifting experience. All head high, no body high. Great overall.

Only one downside. Damn this stuff stinks even when you vape it. I did it outside so that our house wouldn't smell but i think my neighbors smelled it so i won't be able to do that again. lol

3 mins after doing it in the backyard with a vape. I came out the front door and i could smell it.

I might have to start going off into the woods or down some walking path to do this. Wish i didn't.

It's weird even though i can use it legally for medicinal purposes i still feel wrong doing it. Like i have to creep around and cover up the smell . Strange uh? The stigma of it being wrong is still prevalent. It's unfortunate.

Maybe once they officially legalize this people will get used to seeing people vape it.

Any tips of getting rid of the smell? ( I am using a smoke buddy now and a deodorant spray ) I also don't think there is a way to prevent the smell when you open the package.Some of this weed is seriously stinky.

I ended up trying a different strain that was 22% THC/ <1% CBD)

No tiredness this time and very uplifting experience. All head high, no body high. Great overall.

Only one downside. Damn this stuff stinks even when you vape it. I did it outside so that our house wouldn't smell but i think my neighbors smelled it so i won't be able to do that again. lol

3 mins after doing it in the backyard with a vape. I came out the front door and i could smell it.

I might have to start going off into the woods or down some walking path to do this. Wish i didn't.

It's weird even though i can use it legally for medicinal purposes i still feel wrong doing it. Like i have to creep around and cover up the smell . Strange uh? The stigma of it being wrong is still prevalent. It's unfortunate.

Maybe once they officially legalize this people will get used to seeing people vape it.

Any tips of getting rid of the smell? ( I am using a smoke buddy now and a deodorant spray ) I also don't think there is a way to prevent the smell when you open the package.Some of this weed is seriously stinky.

You can also make edibles. No smell, and lasts longer. You can make butter or oil and put it in brownies, cookies or even candies. There are a ton of recipes here. :peace:

Glad to hear that you had a better and more enjoyable experience this time round. It's all about finding the right strain for you.
Mate you are lucky, the worst your neighbours can do is pull a face and moan haha if my neighbours smell it they phone the police. It is unfortunate that so many still view it with such stigma. If I where you I would be walking tall and proud as nobody not even police can say anything, because it's your medicine you never know you might end up inspiring others to reap the health benefits from this plant. And they might inspire someone that starts a revolution man haha
Sorry dude I'm so high right now lol.
As for the smell when opening the bag, I've never come across something, other than smell proof bags but that's only when it's in the bag. When I was a little nipper still living at my mom's I used to sneak a spliff in the shower with the wonder open a little and with the smell of the soap I never got caught lol
Really glad you found a smoke that suits you as would hate to hear your health suffer as you didn't have the right strain.
All the best my friend.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

You can also make edibles. No smell, and lasts longer. You can make butter or oil and put it in brownies, cookies or even candies. There are a ton of recipes here. :peace:

Hi supergroomer. Does it smell while cooking? And yeah that would be ideal. ( a way where i don't have to vape at all and could just consume this.)

But have heard horror stories of people getting dosage wrong when eating lol

Before i started cannabis, i used to take Kratom and the beauty of that is you just mix it with yoghurt and down it. 30 mins later you are relaxed. No smell at all.

Glad to hear that you had a better and more enjoyable experience this time round. It's all about finding the right strain for you.
Mate you are lucky, the worst your neighbours can do is pull a face and moan haha if my neighbours smell it they phone the police. It is unfortunate that so many still view it with such stigma. If I where you I would be walking tall and proud as nobody not even police can say anything, because it's your medicine you never know you might end up inspiring others to reap the health benefits from this plant. And they might inspire someone that starts a revolution man haha
Sorry dude I'm so high right now lol.
As for the smell when opening the bag, I've never come across something, other than smell proof bags but that's only when it's in the bag. When I was a little nipper still living at my mom's I used to sneak a spliff in the shower with the wonder open a little and with the smell of the soap I never got caught lol
Really glad you found a smoke that suits you as would hate to hear your health suffer as you didn't have the right strain.
All the best my friend.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Yeah the next time i will try it inside and use the smoke buddy and see if i can cover the hole on the vape after taking a hit and blow the rest into the smoke buddy.

Hate having to creep around but damn today was a good experience.

Hi supergroomer. Does it smell while cooking? And yeah that would be ideal. ( a way where i don't have to vape at all and could just consume this.)

But have heard horror stories of people getting dosage wrong when eating lol

Before i started cannabis, i used to take Kratom and the beauty of that is you just mix it with yoghurt and down it. 30 mins later you are relaxed. No smell at all.

There are tricks to making your edibles with little or no smell. The first thing you need to understand, is that you need to decarb your bud before you cook with it. This involves putting it in the oven @ 250 degrees for 30-40 minutes. The best way to do this without stinking up the house is to use an oven roasting bag. Put your cannabis in there, seal it up and when your 30-40 minutes is up, put it straight in the freezer for an hour or so. When it is cooled, you won't have much smell. I then use the MB2 (Magical Butter Machine 2). I make a lot of coconut oil. I use that as a base for topical creams and it also tastes great in chocolate brownies. I use 1g of bud for each oz of oil. With that, you want to add 1T of liquid sunflower lecithin per cup of oil. This will increase the bioavailability of the cannabinoids and also (in my experience) makes the edible take effect quicker.

The biggest problem that people have with edibles, is they don't have patience. An edible can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more to take effect (depending on how it is made), so people will eat a brownie, gummie or candy, and because they didn't feel anything in 5 or 10 minutes, eat another. Then the get a double blast when it all hits. Low and slow is the key to dosing. For medical uses, use only as much as you need to alleviate the symptoms. A friend of mine with MS, uses about 1/2t per night of infused coconut oil. Unless she is having a particularly bad day (when she will take 1 or 2 hits off of a vaporizer) that is all she needs. It has removed most of her MS symptoms.

Low and slow. :) :peace:

Bummer about the first experience! Personally, I am a lightweight so my medical money infrastructure goes a loooong way.
My preference is a sativa and an experience similar to your second. I need to be fluidly functional!! I am in the woods pretty deep and homestead as a lifestyle focusing on livestock, orchards and gardens. Couch lock is never an option here. Case in point, last night at dusk I was ready for my day to end with a relaxing bowl and comfortable sleep( been a few hours since dosing). Up pops a large bear by my stallion's pen and just looks at me. I said howdy and got my baskets and headlamp and started picking the rest of my pears( I wanted two more days before harvesting...)and conceded the crabapples to him. He's a friendly. We have many Ursus Horribilis in the 'hood as well as mountain lions and wolves so "high" is not a very practical condition.
I have every confidence you'll find a particular variety to suit your equilibrium.
I'm figuring those first 173 to peruse your query may have had their hands full( bowls and lighters) and it maybe just slipped their minds to reply....?
May you have an enjoyable search for your special strain. If you try edibles, remember to start small. It can be strong and long!
All the best MJL!

Another update:

I went back to the 1st strain but this time only took 2 tokes. ( while it gave me a relaxed feeling and i do think its more indica than sativa ) i didn't feel overwhelmed like i did the first time. ( i will keep this strain for night time ) and use my sativa in the day.

The Sativa makes me feel very clear headed and awake.

So as a first time user it appears that MJ tends to either make you super alert (with a little anxiety/paranoia) or super tired (with zero anxiety)

I also did it this time in my house and used a smoke buddy, very little smell but used spray and vaporizer. Opened a window and lit a candle. Seems to have done the trick.

Another update: That first strain that i used in starting this thread. As i mentioned. I went back to it and this time only took 2 hits ( not two bowls just 2 inhales ) and the experience was much better. I took it at night and slept well and woke up refreshed.

I'm starting to realize that less is more when it comes to Marijuana. Better to take 1 hit, wait 15 mins or 30 mins and see how you are than hit it 4 or 7 times and over do it.

Meaning you can take a indica and not feel stoned but just have that warm relaxed feeling. You can take sativa and not have all the anxiety but just feel clear headed. For me... less is more.

Hope that helps others, as I could have easily given up based on one intense experience.

What a great herb this is :thumb:

I've had to do the same as you with the dispensary mj. Figure what strains for daytime and what for nighttime.
I'm self employed and work in the center of 2 acres so odor is not a problem here.

I dont have a vape tool. From lots of web-searching my understanding was that these didn't smell nearly as much as a traditional smoking device, in large part because it didn't burn the plant material.

So is that marketing just saying its 'less odour' or is it really true.

Your device could be set to too high a temperature,

Back
Top Bottom