Treating Thyroid Disease With Cannabis: A Victory Song

I recently discovered this article and thought it was too valuable to leave out there. News in the medical community is that there's no proof of any connection between cannabis and the healing of thyroid disfunction conditions. VladC seems to disagree, and his results appear to back him up.

It's a wide-open field out there right now. Sometimes feels like it's overwhelming, doesn't it? Bit by bit we gain more knowledge and that increases our confidence in the path we chose on faith alone. We're out on the edge, being there for each other. Stay strong. Stay happy. You're gonna make it. We'll do what we can to help you.

:battingeyelashes: :love:

My Initial Battle with Hyper and Hypothyroidism
By VladC March 30, 2016

Cannabis can be used to also treat a wide variety of ailments and diseases such as Hyperthyroidism. I had Hyperthyroidism from elementary school on into high school and college. I tried everything, the doctors used Radioactive Iodine in order to kill off my thyroid because it was producing too much hormone and essentially killing me.

This treatment definitely cured my hyperthyroidism, by destroying my thyroid cells and forcing my body in a perpetual state of hypothyroidism. They prescribed me Synthroid after two hefty doses of Radioactive Iodine and also informed me that this would be my life until I died. They explained to me how Synthroid was created and how it helped my body, of course, I believed every word they said.

That was until I started having very negative side effects from the Synthroid. Mood swings, Depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts were getting in the way of my recovery from the medicine and from the damage my thyroid had done. After a couple years of taking this medicine, I abandoned it and turned to more "Herbal" type medicines.

Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism treatment

I had never used Cannabis prior to me getting sick, I had never even been offered Marijuana in my school days but here I was 18 years old fresh out of high school, sick with no cure to my problem in sight. My wife was the first one to ask if I wanted to try Cannabis. I reluctantly obliged and we ended up moving out to the west, specifically Colorado due to their new Medical Cannabis laws geared towards patients in my shoes. Here I could safely start my medical marijuana for hypothyroidism treatment.

I used Cannabis soda, Cannabis breath mints, Cannabis candy, smokable cannabis, soothing bath bombs made from cannabis, and even lotions, tinctures, and creams. After using Cannabis for five years straight in any form that I could find it in, my symptoms started to get less and less noticeable. Until one day on a routine check up of my thyroid let me know that Cannabis had cured my Thyroid problems. For me, using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism was the ultimate answer.

The doctor drew my blood, and when the results came back that all my levels were normal, he asked me what I was doing. I told him, while smiling ear to ear, Cannabis sir. His mouth hit the floor. Him nor any other doctor could believe it until they saw the lab results. I am a living testament to using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism, but also to how cannabis can heal and protect your body in many many ways. I now continue to use cannabis on a day to day basis for many other ailments other than my thyroid issues ( which are completely gone now), I smoke cannabis, I eat cannabis, and I vaporize cannabis every single day. Cannabis saved my life.

(C) Read more at Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism | TryHealthier .

Interesting

Wife has that and Graves Disease

I need to look into this more

Good to hear. Somewhere is relief with her name written all over it. :hug:

Good to hear. Somewhere is relief with her name written all over it. :hug:

I'll have to look into a schedule as well as what's best, THC vs CBD

She works at a hospital, so she can't be buzzed, admin type stuff, but still

Interesting indeed

I'll have to look into a schedule as well as what's best, THC vs CBD

She works at a hospital, so she can't be buzzed, admin type stuff, but still

Interesting indeed

Chris, a suggestion. Start her on CBD, get up to about 25mg, a couple doses a day and begin to add in THC in balance with CBD to offset any euphoria. I’d try for THC doses below 10mg and micro dose across the day. IMO It took Vlad years because he didn’t have access to the quality medicine you do, or the experience you have making oils.

I’m a fan of Vlad’s multiple-pathway approach though. Does the wife get drug-tested?

Back
Top Bottom