Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SweetSue's Clues to the ECS

Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: SweetSue's Clues to the ECS

Excerpt from "Super Brain Solutions." It was a random book I found on a shelf at the library, and neglected to take note of the author. The thoughts are from the chapter on Self Healing.

Being your own placebo is the same as freeing up the healing system through messages from the brain. All healing is, in the end, self-healing. Physicans aid the body's intricate healing system (which coordinates immune cells, inflammation, hormones, genes, and much else), but actual healing takes place in an unknown way.

When it comes to the mind-body connection, healing should involve the following basic conditions:

* The mind is contributing to getting well.
    * The mind doesn't contribute to getting sick.
    * The body is in constant communication with the mind.
    * This communication benefits both the physical and mental aspects of being well.
    * Once a person receives treatment that he trusts, he lets go and allows the healing response to proceed naturally

When the placebo effect works, all five aspects are involved. The patient's mind cooperates with the treatment and trusts it. The body's aware of this trust. There is open communication, and as a result, cells theouout the body participate in the healing response. The healing system as a whole is incredibly complex and all but impossible to explain as a whole. We only know how parts of it operate, such as antibodies and the immune response to infection.

How can we bring about these five conditions consciously? At the very least we shouldn't be fighting them with fear, doubt, skepticism, hopelessness, and despair. Those states convey their own chemical messages to the body. When you believe that a sugar pill is going to cure you, those healing messages will begin to have an effect. But we cannot say that the 30 percent who benefit from the placebo effect are doing something right when the remaining 70 percent aren't. Everyone's medical history is different; the healing system remains too murky to be accurately measured. Deep negative feelings, if they are blocking the placebo effect (by no means a certainty), are complex and frequently unconscious, so the difference here isn't simple.

The greatest promise lies in the fact that a mental intention of "I shall please" is known to work. Being your own placebo requires applying the same conditions as in a classic placebo response:
    1. You trust what is happening.
    2. You deal with doubt and fear.
    3. You don't send conflicting messages that get tangled with each other.
    4. You have opened the channels of mind-body communication.
    5. You let go of intention, and let the healing system do its work.

When a symptom is minor, such as a cut finger or a bruise, everyone finds it easy to let go and stop interfering The mind doesn't intrude with doubts and fears. But in serious illness doubts and fears play a marked role, which is why a practice like meditation or going......

........The very important task of being aware of your body doesn't have to be boring. You most need mind and body to become friends again, to go back to their natural alliance. One way to do so is to sit quietly with your eyes closed and simply feel the body.

Let any sensation come to the surface. Don't react to the sensation, whether pleasant or unpleasant. Just relax and be aware of it. Notice where the sensation is coming from. You won't have only one sensation or feeling. You will find that your awareness goes from place to place, one moment noticing your foot or your stomach, your chest or your neck. This simple exercise is a mind-body reconnection. Too many people are in the habit of paying attention to only the most gross signals from their bodies, such as acute pain, stiffness, or nausea, and other hard-to-ignore discomforts. What you want to do is increase your sensitivity and your trust at the same time. Your body knows at a subtle level where dis-ease and discomfort are. It sends signals at every moment, and such signals are not to be feared.

Even if you consciously ignore what is happening in your cells, just below your awareness, unconscious information is being exchanged. When the federal government recently decided that annual mammograms were no longer necessary for younger women, one consideration was that 22 percent of small breast tumors resolved themselves, disappearing spontaneously. So an automatic reaction of fear, even in the face of possible cancer, is unrealistic at the level of the healing system. Your immune system eliminates thousands of abnormal cells everyday. Everyone has tumor-suppressing genes, although how they can be triggered is as yet unknown.

The best future of self-healing will unfold from the proven fact that every cell in the body knows, through chemical messengers, what every other cell is doing. Bringing your conscious mind into the loop adds to this communication. Advanced yogis can alter their involuntary responses at will, such as lowering their heart rate and breathing to very low levels or increasing skin temperature in a very precise way. You and I have the same abilities, although we don't consciously use them. You can follow an exercise to make a spot on your hand grow warmer, and it will happen, even though you never used that ability before.

We can venture that the placebo effect falls into the same category. It's a voluntary response that we could use, if only we learned how to. The healing system seems to be involuntary. You don't have to think in order to heal a cut or a bruise. But the fact that some patients can make their own pain go away when given a sugar pill implies, very strongly, that intention makes a difference in healing. We aren't talking about positive thinking, which is often too superficial and masks underlying negativity. Instead we are encouraging a lifestyle that bonds a deeper mind-body connection.

I think they wrote this book before they knew about the ECS.
    Radogast, KingstonRabbi liked this post

SweetSue's Threads

The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow - Current

SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240: Lighting Up A 2x2 - Current

Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

"If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

"What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

Grow Journal of the Month - April 2017 Radogast's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    Excerpt from "Super Brain Solutions."

. . .

I think they wrote this book before they knew about the ECS.
    Possibly. The meditation is older than recorded history
    SweetSue thanked you for this post
    SweetSue, KingstonRabbi liked this post

Radogast

Radogast's Hi-Brix basement grow - new location - new soil - new experiences

Radogast's non-420 Garden Creation Thread

Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the idea that we are imaginal cells.

I'll watch this one later. I'm beginning to understand the power of the ECS. Breathtaking!

HealthFreak thanked you for this post
    HealthFreak liked this post

SweetSue's Threads

"If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

"What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

18:15 seconds in:

"What is life? Life is the movement of the proteins."

I know this! I know this!

The movement of the proteins is the job of the cannabinoids, among other components. They belong to the group Bruce refers to as "signals". When the cannabinoids attach and pass their signal they cause the gene to move.

UNDERSTANDING!!!

Back to the show.

21:30 "The brain of the cell is the structure that tells the cell what to do in response to the environment."

The brain of the cell is the skin of the cell. The human brain is derived from the skin.

The nucleus of the cell is really the gonad, the reproductive organ. If I need a part, it's the nucleus that has the patterns to construct all the different things the body needs to function. It's the repository for the patterns for all the parts needed for the human body. The nucleus holds the blueprints. There's no intelligence going on, just function.

There are no brains involved with genes. Genes are not capable of that. They function mechanically, stimulated by the signals.

The membrane picks up the primary signal, the environmental signal. The environmental (Primary) signal is converted into a signal that controls the protein (Secondary signal).

Behavior is mediated by the cell membrane as it responds to the environment.

If you cut off the environment the cell has no behavior. It has no life. Life is due to the response to the environment. Your life is how you respond to your environment. You percieve the environment and take action based on your perceptions.

At about the 30 minute mark there begins an excellent explaination of cellular signalling that drives cellular behavior. "

Change is a combining of input and output. Ex: a receptor picks up a signal, and it causes a change in the shape of the receptor's gene that now is a perfect fit for the connector for a channel, allowing the channel to open.

Quitting at 31:16. Time to rest the eyes. Time for bed.

Goodnight moon.

Couldn't stop yet.

There's a freeze in the coverage for over half an hour. You gotta wonder what's on there.

The behavior of the cell isn't programmed. The behavior of the cell is in response to the perception of the environment.

Cells have two kinds of programs
    1. Growth (& Reproductive)
    2. Protection

When presented with an environmental signal the cell has to decide whether to respond in growth or reproduction. Cells move towards positive signals for growth. They move away from negative signals for protection. Fella's can't move IB both directions at the same time.

"The most growth-promoting signal in the world today, if you're a human, is love." - Dr. Bruce Lipton

Love exceeds nutrition in growth potential. A malnourished child getting love will continue to grow. Children provided nutrition but deprived of love will have their growth stunted in every imaginable way.

When you're in fear you're shutting down your growth mechanisms. When you're in love you're enhancing your growth potential.

The Hypothalamus Pituitary Adrenal Axis is crucial to this discussion. It's the hypothalamus that intreperts the environmental signals and makes the determination of growth or protection. If it's a negative signal (stress) it activates the pituitary gland, the master gland, that controls the shape of the body. There are two shapes, growth or protection.

Stress activates fight or flight. The viscera houses the organs. It's growth. The muscles are for protection. Stress causes hormones from the adrenal gland which construct blood flow to the viscera and push it to the muscles for protection mode.

Under stress you shut down your growth mechanism.

The adrenal system is to protect you from percieved dangers in the environment. The immune system is to protect you from invasions to the system. When the adrenal hormones get to a certain level it shuts down the immune system. Stress shuts down both growth and internal protection.

When you're under stress you're opening yourself up to illness.

The hormones that construct blood flow to the viscera and push that blood flow to the muscles also restrict blood flow to the frontal lobe and send it to the back of the brain that directs reflex behavior. Under stress you are less intelligent.

The cell percieved the environment and creates a complimentary copy of that in the nucleus. The cell will make a physical structure to compliment the environment. Perception is belief. Belief is simply a thought you keep thinking, and the wonderful news is that we can change the belief, and in so doing chance get our perception, and thereby our cellular responses and behavior. Living in stress/fear makes you reactionary, prone to sickness, stunted in growth, and less intelligent.

You get to choose how you percieve the environment. No one else has the power to do that for you. You have the power to change how you see the environment you're living in.

Belief filters aren't helpful if they're inaccurate to reality. If your perceptions are off you're going to choose genes that are inappropriate to the environment. The filters are learned, some passed on before we were born.

How I see it effects who I am. The perception interfaces with the environment and your biology, but your perception is belief. Beliefs act as a filter between your biology and the environment.

Life has everything, but you'll only pick up what your belief filters allow you to see. You were taught those perception/belief filters. Your mother started influencing you in the womb. Your parents program you from birth. Schools, churches, clubs, etc, etc.

You can selectively choose healthier, growth-satisfying filters and incorporate them fairly rapidly, with deliberate intention. You get to decide which genes will be expressed and those expressions drive your personality, and by default, your actions.

Belief creates feelings, which generate responses that create your reality.

What beliefs are you selecting genes with? If they aren't creating the reality you want it's a simple matter to change the belief.

* The video is flawed technically, but still packed with a powerhouse of info.

Now I'll go to bed.

SweetSue's Threads

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SweetSue's Threads

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sue.... your breakdown of this was amazing, wanted to say hello
    Thank you

QUOTE=SweetSue;3693781]

18:15 seconds in:

"What is life? Life is the movement of the proteins."

I know this! I know this!

The movement of the proteins is the job of the cannabinoids, among other components. They belong to the group Bruce refers to as "signals". When the cannabinoids attach and pass their signal they cause the gene to move.

UNDERSTANDING!!!

Back to the show.

21:30 "The brain of the cell is the structure that tells the cell what to do in response to the environment."

The brain of the cell is the skin of the cell. The human brain is derived from the skin.

The nucleus of the cell is really the gonad, the reproductive organ. If I need a part, it's the nucleus that has the patterns to construct all the different things the body needs to function. It's the repository for the patterns for all the parts needed for the human body. The nucleus holds the blueprints. There's no intelligence going on, just function.

There are no brains involved with genes. Genes are not capable of that. They function mechanically, stimulated by the signals.

The membrane picks up the primary signal, the environmental signal. The environmental (Primary) signal is converted into a signal that controls the protein (Secondary signal).

Behavior is mediated by the cell membrane as it responds to the environment.

If you cut off the environment the cell has no behavior. It has no life. Life is due to the response to the environment. Your life is how you respond to your environment. You percieve the environment and take action based on your perceptions.

At about the 30 minute mark there begins an excellent explaination of cellular signalling that drives cellular behavior. "

Change is a combining of input and output. Ex: a receptor picks up a signal, and it causes a change in the shape of the receptor's gene that now is a perfect fit for the connector for a channel, allowing the channel to open.

Quitting at 31:16. Time to rest the eyes. Time for bed.

Goodnight moon.

Couldn't stop yet.

There's a freeze in the coverage for over half an hour. You gotta wonder what's on there.

The behavior of the cell isn't programmed. The behavior of the cell is in response to the perception of the environment.

Cells have two kinds of programs
    1. Growth (& Reproductive)
    2. Protection

When presented with an environmental signal the cell has to decide whether to respond in growth or reproduction. Cells move towards positive signals for growth. They move away from negative signals for protection. Fella's can't move IB both directions at the same time.

"The most growth-promoting signal in the world today, if you're a human, is love." - Dr. Bruce Lipton

Love exceeds nutrition in growth potential. A malnourished child getting love will continue to grow. Children provided nutrition but deprived of love will have their growth stunted in every imaginable way.

When you're in fear you're shutting down your growth mechanisms. When you're in love you're enhancing your growth potential.

The Hypothalamus Pituitary Adrenal Axis is crucial to this discussion. It's the hypothalamus that intreperts the environmental signals and makes the determination of growth or protection. If it's a negative signal (stress) it activates the pituitary gland, the master gland, that controls the shape of the body. There are two shapes, growth or protection.

Stress activates fight or flight. The viscera houses the organs. It's growth. The muscles are for protection. Stress causes hormones from the adrenal gland which construct blood flow to the viscera and push it to the muscles for protection mode.

Under stress you shut down your growth mechanism.

The adrenal system is to protect you from percieved dangers in the environment. The immune system is to protect you from invasions to the system. When the adrenal hormones get to a certain level it shuts down the immune system. Stress shuts down both growth and internal protection.

When you're under stress you're opening yourself up to illness.

The hormones that construct blood flow to the viscera and push that blood flow to the muscles also restrict blood flow to the frontal lobe and send it to the back of the brain that directs reflex behavior. Under stress you are less intelligent.

The cell percieved the environment and creates a complimentary copy of that in the nucleus. The cell will make a physical structure to compliment the environment. Perception is belief. Belief is simply a thought you keep thinking, and the wonderful news is that we can change the belief, and in so doing chance get our perception, and thereby our cellular responses and behavior. Living in stress/fear makes you reactionary, prone to sickness, stunted in growth, and less intelligent.

You get to choose how you percieve the environment. No one else has the power to do that for you. You have the power to change how you see the environment you're living in.

Belief filters aren't helpful if they're inaccurate to reality. If your perceptions are off you're going to choose genes that are inappropriate to the environment. The filters are learned, some passed on before we were born.

How I see it effects who I am. The perception interfaces with the environment and your biology, but your perception is belief. Beliefs act as a filter between your biology and the environment.

Life has everything, but you'll only pick up what your belief filters allow you to see. You were taught those perception/belief filters. Your mother started influencing you in the womb. Your parents program you from birth. Schools, churches, clubs, etc, etc.

You can selectively choose healthier, growth-satisfying filters and incorporate them fairly rapidly, with deliberate intention. You get to decide which genes will be expressed and those expressions drive your personality, and by default, your actions.

Belief creates feelings, which generate responses that create your reality.

What beliefs are you selecting genes with? If they aren't creating the reality you want it's a simple matter to change the belief.

* The video is flawed technically, but still packed with a powerhouse of info.

Now I'll go to bed. [/QUOTE]
    SweetSue thanked you for this post
    SweetSue liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123