THC Percentage

SkunkHipSoup

I just got my medical marijuana forms and everything completed, got the "green light" to be able to order. I and wondering about thc percentages. I've smoked before, but have no idea what it was that I was buying on the street other then "it's good stuff". I am looking over the order form and see trimmings are very cheap.. but the THC is 10-13%. Im wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what that would be, if it is worth the time to smoke it or if it is basically a 20 minute buzz that is hardly noticeable? Any info would be great.. thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Seems like these days most strains are over 15% and a lot over 20 and more

I had a strain tested that came back 25.8% thc

I guess if I was a new patient and hasn't medicated before or in a good while I'd start off with a lower thc amount and see how you respond

If I was a new grower growing for others I'd pick a high thc strain and I'd also get a 1:1 ratio thc/cbd strain

Not sure if you can private message as you need 50 posts but pm me if needed or you can stop by my journal

Hizzy's Back Opioid Free & Ready To Work - Crokkett's Sour Banana Sherbet & Gnat War

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Seems like these days most strains are over 15% and a lot over 20 and more

I had a strain tested that came back 25.8% thc

Where would you go to have it tested? It would be cool to see the results of % of this and that like when you buy from a store.

Skunkhipsoup, that's a hard one to answer. I generally test a strain by taking only two hits and waiting 30 minutes. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes a couch lock for 30 minutes.....sometimes it's a high like I'm not walking on the ground. My girlfriend on almost every strain will have a different experience. I get high on edibles on an mostly empty stomach in 15-30 minutes while it takes her an hour.

Another way to look at it is like booze, you can have 6 beers at 4%, 6 8oz glasses of wine, or 6 1.5 oz of rum and in theory it's all should give you the same BAC/drunkenness......but it doesn't.

Good luck

Thank you for replying. HizzyB, I'll check out your journal for sure, and hopefully I'll be able to pm sooner then later.
Eeko, I totally get what you are saying.. I'm a pretty big boy, 6' 230lbs so it usually takes a lot to affect me.

I do smoke somewhat regularly but it's always outdoor, and often have to cut myself off for a week or two at least so I am able to get something off it. Really wish I could grow indoors but living where I do the smell would have the cops at my door before I could say "high" lol. I guess the only thing I can do is order a small amount of the trimmings and see what happens. I assume if it's 10-13% if I smoke twice as much it would equal out to a 20-26% variety? I've no idea how that would work...

Where would you go to have it tested? It would be cool to see the results of % of this and that like when you buy from a store.

In my state there are labs that test cannabis and it's concentrates

For me I'm four hours one way so it doesn't happen often lol
That and they change a grip

My buddy in Michigan says there's a lab tech who will pull up in a van and test on site

he's meeting him somewhere other than the grow spot

IMHO THC% isn't the only factor in the "high", as stuff I have got at a dispensary the 25% THC isn't always better than the 15% THC. Same as the "cost" isn't always relative either as to higher price=better. Same as look or smell will only get you so far too as it can look great and still taste nasty as all kinds of variables there too. But that just my opinion, sure there is every other possible opinion in the realms of possibility out there too ;) :rofl:

IMHO THC% isn't the only factor in the "high", as stuff I have got at a dispensary the 25% THC isn't always better than the 15% THC. Same as the "cost" isn't always relative either as to higher price=better. Same as look or smell will only get you so far too as it can look great and still taste nasty as all kinds of variables there too. But that just my opinion, sure there is every other possible opinion in the realms of possibility out there too ;) :rofl:

I agree that it's not just the thc, the older I get I like the lesser amounts that are cbd rich

I wonder how many times the "shops" either just claim it's this or that, or they have a (for example)
"White widow" its tested once and then all varieties claiming to be W. Widow just get the same %?

I always tell my patients it was 25.8% when tested, it's the same pheno but I don't know what it is this round

Thanks for info and nice to meet ya

I agree that it's not just the thc, the older I get I like the lesser amounts that are cbd rich

I wonder how many times the "shops" either just claim it's this or that, or they have a (for example)
"White widow" its tested once and then all varieties claiming to be W. Widow just get the same %?

I always tell my patients it was 25.8% when tested, it's the same pheno but I don't know what it is this round

Thanks for info and nice to meet ya

It probably varies from place to place, here in Oregon each "batch" has to be tested each time, whether that means each plant I have no idea or if same strain in same grow counts as one "batch". Just like they are trying to figure out testing for chemicals and what they allow and don't allow, they started real strict but it was backlogging testing and most concentrates were failing, so they backed off for the time being on that part of testing. Other problem is I don't think they test "genetics" so they can call it "____" but it may or may not actually be that actual strain. Testing my own stuff is too expensive to find out THC% (think single tests like $30, producers get a quantity discount I imagine) and can't legally mail it so that a hassle too, and again IMHO that not the only factor so I don't really care what it tests to.

It probably varies from place to place, here in Oregon each "batch" has to be tested each time, whether that means each plant I have no idea or if same strain in same grow counts as one "batch". Just like they are trying to figure out testing for chemicals and what they allow and don't allow, they started real strict but it was backlogging testing and most concentrates were failing, so they backed off for the time being on that part of testing. Other problem is I don't think they test "genetics" so they can call it "____" but it may or may not actually be that actual strain. Testing my own stuff is too expensive to find out THC% (think single tests like $30, producers get a quantity discount I imagine) and can't legally mail it so that a hassle too, and again IMHO that not the only factor so I don't really care what it tests to.

I hear that.
I make all my own meds and haven't picked up from a shop in a long time

Seems like back in the day in CA in say 2002 you couldn't hardly get disappointing herb.
It was all dank

Profit gardens are usually (or at least the ones up here I've toured) are chopped by the calendar and not by the maturity level. All for that one extra harvest.
I got fed up and said I'll chop by scoping the resin gland maturity level.
My patients haven't seen a shop since and so far three years later they all stay

Sorry I got off topic lol

$30 is cheap
Out here 80

I just got my medical marijuana forms and everything completed, got the "green light" to be able to order. I and wondering about thc percentages. I've smoked before, but have no idea what it was that I was buying on the street other then "it's good stuff". I am looking over the order form and see trimmings are very cheap.. but the THC is 10-13%. Im wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what that would be, if it is worth the time to smoke it or if it is basically a 20 minute buzz that is hardly noticeable? Any info would be great.. thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Hi Skunk,
I have tried the Solveris from MedReleaf. It is trimmings, and they charge $2.50 a gram before discounts (compassionate discount is generous). It's not bad to vape, is smokeable in bowl or joint, but I mostly use it for producing oil or tincture with my Magical Butter Machine.
The buzz from smoking or vaping is not couchlock, but reasonable for what you are paying.
As mentioned by others, don't just go by thc percentage, there is a lot more involved. Terpines also play a major part in smell, taste, medical properties and more.
:volcano-smiley:

The thing I've learned about THC is that for me to get high from a high THC strain, it needs to be a sativa and not an indica. I have a couple of high THC indicas and all they do for me is make me sleepy, which is great for treating insomnia but not great for when I just want to get high.

Back
Top Bottom