Midnight oil

SkunkHipSoup

I'm reviewing the options I have for my first med order. Wondering if anyone takes or has tried midnight oil? I am on a very tight budget so I don't want to spend $175 on a 50ml bottle if it's not feasible. Any information would be great... how long a 50ml bottle would last you, and if it is worth the money as appose to buds. I've only ever smoked weed, never ingested so I am a total rookie with this stuff.

I'm reviewing the options I have for my first med order. Wondering if anyone takes or has tried midnight oil? I am on a very tight budget so I don't want to spend $175 on a 50ml bottle if it's not feasible. Any information would be great... how long a 50ml bottle would last you, and if it is worth the money as appose to buds. I've only ever smoked weed, never ingested so I am a total rookie with this stuff.

Hi Skunk,
I haven't tried Midnight Oil, but I make oil and tincture regularly with Magical Butter Machine. I have purchased oil through the LP's, but find the oil I make to be more potent (gram of bud vs stated equivalent) and therefore less expensive.
My experience with oils, and/or the edibles made with them: I find that it takes about 2 hours to start to peak. In the first hour, you might actually wonder if its even working, then you gradually feel it coming on. Typically, after the first hour, I forget that I ate a brownie, or put some drops under my tongue. Then low and behold, at the 2 hour mark, it's like....WTF!!!!! Where did that come from???? Oh yeah, now I remember lol.
The effect generally lasts about 8 hours in total. It;s just a matter of getting dosing right, to your preference.
Start with low doses until you find your sweet spot.
:yummy:

Personally, I think $200 for 50 ml sounds expensive. I think I paid $185 for twice that amount through Tweed.

That said, I make all my own cannaoil now and it's way more cost efficient and it's super easy. If you're on a budget, I suggest you buy the bud and make your own cannaoil. All you'll need is cannabis, olive oil (or coconut oil or sunflower oil) and liquid sunflower lecithin (you can buy it on Amazon or some health food stores carry it, too but it has to be liquid and it has to be sunflower not soy.

My 100 ml bottle of cannaoil lasts approximately 3 months and each of my doses is about .5 to .7 ml depending on how sore I am. I also make capsules with the oil, which is much more convenient for dosing at work.

If you want to investigate making your own cannaoil, let me know and I'll give you some simple instructions. I also made my own pain cream recently using cannabis, which is way cool. My left knee was at about an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale one night and I put some of my cream on it and within about 20 minutes, the pain was back down to a 2. Gotta like that.

Here are two threads for you to check out if you're interested in making your own medicine:

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Personally, I think $200 for 50 ml sounds expensive. I think I paid $185 for twice that amount through Tweed.

The potency of Midnight is higher than Tweed's product, I believe. If I remember correctly, they state that Midnight is 4X the potency of their other oils.

I'm with you though, making your own oil is the way to go. I like using sunflower oil, but have also made tincture with Vegetable Glycerin. With the VG tincture, I have the option to vape the oil with e-cig, and also use it in edibles, And the VG mixes well in coffee :yahoo:

Thanks for all the replies on this.. gives me some options. I was wondering that the magic butter machine was when I seen it in the accessories lol.

So just one last thing I'm wondering.. how many grams of bud to make a 100lm batch?

Well, it depends on what kind of bud you're using, what you're using it for and how strong you want it?

Thanks for all the replies on this.. gives me some options. I was wondering that the magic butter machine was when I seen it in the accessories lol.

So just one last thing I'm wondering.. how many grams of bud to make a 100lm batch?

Hey Skunk. The Magical Butter Machine has to be one of the smartest purchases I have ever made. Get one, you'll love it.
The minimum quantity you can make is 500ml. (I've heard they are working on a smaller capacity machine, but haven't seen it yet) They recommend about an ounce of bud for the 500 ml, I generally do about 2 oz per 500 ml. I pull out about 400-450 ml of finished product, plus the leftover oily pulp is used in baking edibles.
I haven't actually made butter yet, but oh man, some very fine oil and tincture for sure.
If you are using shake, pretty much double up on the quantity of plant material.
Enjoy!!
:thumb:

Hey HashGirl.. for the Midnight they have the dry bud at 8-11% THC range and 10-14% CBD range. It costs $12.5 /g

The Midnight oil is 50ml bottle at $175. It has 5 mg of THC and 7.5 mg of CBD.

I've no idea how to do the math on this.. if it equals out to about the same price or if I am further ahead to make my own oil?

So SHS, if you made your own oil using a 10:1 ratio, you would need 10 grams of bud and 100 ml of oil. Alternatively, you could make oil using a 20:1 ratio of 200 ml of oil and 10 grams of pot. Either way, you would definitely save money making your own oil since 10 grams of the bud would only cost $125 plus sunflower oil and liquid sunflower lecithin would still come in under the price for the 50 ml bottle of oil and as I said, making your own oil is really pretty easy especially if you own a little crockpot. If you don't have a little crockpot, you can get one on Amazon for around $20. (it's a good investment if you're planning on making your own cannaoil all the time)

Essentially when you make your own cannabis-infused oil, you grind your bud and then you decarb it by baking it in the oven at 240F for 110 minutes and then you add the decarbed bud to the oil and lecithin in a mini-crockpot and mix until the bud is covered by oil.

The advantage of doing this in a mini-crockpot is that you need to let it cook for about 3 to 4 hours stirring every so often and I think it's pretty easy to do with the mini-crockpot. I'm sure there are other methods but this is the one I use and now I'm making my own cannaoil about once every couple of months and I really love it.

Back
Top Bottom