Dad using RSO protocol - Questions about process

vjm1121

My dad is 76 yr old Vietnam vet who presumably developed lung cancer from agent orange exposure, as he never smoked. He was just diagnosed 4 months ago, but it already has spread to his spine and brain. He began a raw vegan diet and went to a facility for a 6 week water fast. He also had surgery to remove a painful disc, but did not want chemo or radiation. He has always been very strong and fit, but now is rather thin. I researched cannabis oil and convinced him to try it. I used an Indica heavy, high THC strain (OG Kush) and put the oil in capsules. He is taking steroids and a low dose morphine in addition to the cannabis oil. We are now up to the equivalent of 16 grains of rice (which I believe is about .5 gram) per day, gradually increasing to the goal of 1 gram per day. My concern is that he seems to sleep most of the time, is weak and does not have much of a appetite so seems to be getting thinner (or at least not gaining). He has at least 60 days left of this treatment. Is it normal for him to sleep this much while taking the cannabis oil and, if so, will this change or should we expect it during the entire treatment (he can't stake awake for more that 15 minutes at a time)?

This is all so scary and I want to make sure I am doing everything right. :yikes:

You have found your way to the right place. Let me point you to some very useful threads and people. A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer is a has a lot of info. There are many different delivery methods. Suppositories are one that will get you much higher levels of cannabinoids in your system. SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall is a great repository of information with many knowledgeable helpful people. Pop into these two threads and ask any questions you hava and read up. Lots of good stuff there!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

I see Dave got here first. :hug: :love:

It sounds like you need some sativa influence in the meds. The OG Kush is known to knock you out. The cancer protocol thread is a good starting point, but please, feel free to stop in the Study Hall too.

This is likely an easy fix. As a consoling thought, sleep allows the body to heal without resistant thoughts and tension the body might otherwise be holding. I understand the concern about too much sleep. Let's see if a small change in strain choice could help.

Back
Top Bottom