To toke or not to toke

420Girl

I've never smoked MJ before and am really curious and quite excited about trying it for the first time. I've read though that weed can amplify your current feelings and because I'm going through quite a rough patch at the moment since my dear mum was diagnosed with cancer, I obviously don't want to feel even worse. But at the same time, I'd be smoking Northern Lights which is a good indica I've heard has great calming and anti-anxiety effects. The two statements seem to contradict each other, so I'm not sure whether to smoke or not. It would be a damn shame to have gone through the entire growing/harvesting/curing process and then not smoke it!

Obviously I'm the only one who can make the decision at the end of the day but I'd love to know the opinions of all you experienced tokers out there who might be able to give me a little advice!

Thanks a lot!

:thanks::Namaste:

Do what you want not what other want for themselves.. I could give you a thousand reasons to smoke and those same reasons could be used as reasons not to.. there's no wrong or right way to experience anything. You could be willing and have a bad experience or peer grouped and have the best or vice versa.. it could amplify your inner emotions or amplify the outter environment, first time, who knows where your mind will take you. I'd have a nice puff with a couple friends after dinner with some music or movies.. jealous thinking about getting stoned for first time again.. the energy of the high, the laughs colours etc.. good fun..this was 91, buzz for me is totally different now, seems like the weed is, idk. Hope it's still like that for first timers and not stoned/couchlock.. but damn, I'll have five bongs when I wake up then go to work..

Start slow and go from there, everyone is different but start with a little and see if you like the feeling or not, as a small amount won't amplify the wrong things or freak you out. It's like starting with a beer first time you drink or a pint of rum ;) two totally different experiences :rofl:

I used to wake and bake. Stopped smoking about 30 years ago. But I had to try my own grow and I find that I enjoy it. I chopped before there was much ambered trichomes because I hate the head numbing couch lock feeling. I'll never be a heavy smoker again but once in a while for fun or for need I can do.
Just go slow! Baby steps, right? Clear your schedule, maybe put on a comedy, and see what you think of it.

Thanks for your advice guys! I think I'll start low and go slow then ;) Another thing is that I'll be on my own, which I'm not sure is the best idea, but never mind, I'll just stick on a great comedy or listen to some music or something. I'll be in my house so will be nice and comfortable at least. I think I might watch American Pie actually haha :)

Any other good stoner movie recommendations are welcome!

The Trailer Park Boys movie would be good, but be forewarned that watching TPBs may degrade your IQ.

We used to get told the exact same thing back in '91 too, that hash/weed is a mood ENHANCER. Like anyone else my first exprience was also a good, happy one, filled with laughing to the point of hyperventialtion for no reason at all. But it doesn't take long for that to become a pretty regular couchlock type feeling, and me being quite the pessimistic worrier, I ended up hating it after about 4-5yrs of smking regularly and quit it ever since; been 20yrs now, not touched a drop. Just bought some CBD oil (no THC apparently) and the first 3 drops have defo had an effect. Pretty much just wanna sleep but am not long awake from a 9hr sleep.

If I had to guess at how this shit works, I'd say that it's probably ok if you are winding down from general day to day stress, but if that stress is a SAD stress, emotionally upsetting kind of stress, a WORRYING stress, then perhaps that is when THC can have it's negative effects. This is why optimistic upbeat type personalities can do 900 bongs an hour and simply beomce more and more energised flying around the room like the're on coke, and us mere mortals just zonk out and sink deeper and deeper into the couch til we hit the earth's core LULZ

I smoked my first joint in 1973. I agree with the above Testaments to a first-time experience. However, in my case, what was available to us then was nowhere near the potency of the strains today. CBD was completely unheard of. I would recommend a lower THC strain with some higher CBD levels. Reason being, that CBD nullifies the negative effects of the THC that occur in people at times. You will still get the effect, and the chances of having any negative effects is almost, if's not completely, eliminated. .
At the end of the day none of us can make the choice for you. You are on the right track by starting in your own home where you feel comfortable and secure. Whichever strain(s) you choose to try, please just take it slowly very slowly at first.
God bless.

Back
Top Bottom