THC-b - Not to be confused with THC-a

Canadian Joe

I've been looking for a strain with high cBD and THC-b but I cannot even find anything online talking about THC-b so my guess is it's super rare. I know TGA is working on a strain based on their Jack the Ripper strain with a high THC-b pheno but other than them I haven't heard of it anywhere else. I know the combination of high CBD and THC-b is supposed to do wonders for anxiety and the immune system.

Anyways, does anyone know about this THC-b

Hello Joe. I pulled this from Leafly. THCV, or tetrahydrocannabivarin is found in highest concentrations in African sativas.

THCV is psychoactive (in higher doses). It intensifies the euphoric high of THC, but with only about half the duration.

THCV is energetic. It provides a clear-headed, stimulating buzz.

THCV is an appetite suppressant. In contrast to THC, THCV dulls the appetite. This may be good for consumers focused on weight loss, but THCV should be avoided by patients treating appetite loss or anorexia.

THCV may help with diabetes. Research shows promise in THCV’s ability to regulate blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.

THCV reduces panic attacks. It appears to curb anxiety attacks in PTSD patients without suppressing emotion.

THCV may help with Alzheimer’s. Tremors, motor control, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer’s disease appear to be improved by THCV, but research is in progress.

THCV stimulates bone growth. Because it promotes the growth of new bone cells, THCV is being looked at for osteoporosis and other bone-related conditions.

Strains with THCV are usually from Africa, including Durbin Poisin, Doug's Varin, Pineapple Purps, Power Plant, Willie Nelson, Red Congolese, Jack the Ripper, Durbal Cheese, and Skunk #1.

Hope that helped. :hug:

Hello Joe. I pulled this from Leafly. THCV, or tetrahydrocannabivarin is found in highest concentrations in African sativas.

THCV is psychoactive (in higher doses). It intensifies the euphoric high of THC, but with only about half the duration.

THCV is energetic. It provides a clear-headed, stimulating buzz.

THCV is an appetite suppressant. In contrast to THC, THCV dulls the appetite. This may be good for consumers focused on weight loss, but THCV should be avoided by patients treating appetite loss or anorexia.

THCV may help with diabetes. Research shows promise in THCV's ability to regulate blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.

THCV reduces panic attacks. It appears to curb anxiety attacks in PTSD patients without suppressing emotion.

THCV may help with Alzheimer's. Tremors, motor control, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer's disease appear to be improved by THCV, but research is in progress.

THCV stimulates bone growth. Because it promotes the growth of new bone cells, THCV is being looked at for osteoporosis and other bone-related conditions.

Strains with THCV are usually from Africa, including Durbin Poisin, Doug's Varin, Pineapple Purps, Power Plant, Willie Nelson, Red Congolese, Jack the Ripper, Durbal Cheese, and Skunk #1.

Hope that helped. :hug:

I took snap shot of that, you have a wealth of good information. Thanks SweetSue .

Jack the Ripper strain is high in THCV

(Jack the Ripper is bred from a clone of Jack’s Cleaner (a strain bred from Jack Herer and The Cleaner) and a Space Queen male plant, known as Space Dude. Together these plants offer a killer sativa dominant hybrid. With the 70/30 sativa to indica ratio, this plant offers a mostly cerebral effect that has a tendency to creep up on you if you’re not careful. This strain generally has a THC percentage of 15 to 20 percent, but can be found as high as 26 percent. It also has a tendency to have a generous amount of THCV, which offers a more intense psychoactive effect than regular THC.)

(THCV has been found to reduce or even block panic attacks and, as a result, can be highly effective in the management of PTSD and other mental disorders involving anxiety or stress, as shown in research in places like Israel, where a great amount of cannabis research is done. THCV doesn’t appear to suppress emotions, only the ability to panic, associated with Fight or Flight response.

THCV has also been shown to reduce tremors associated with diseases such as Parkinson’s, along with ailments associated with motor control. There is also promising research demonstrating reduction of brain lesions associated with Parkinson’s.

THCV also stimulates bone cell growth, and has potential in the treatment of osteoporosis and similar ailments; possibly even in the micro gravity of space, to combat the loss of bone mass.

A side effect of THCV that requires attention is its strongly anorectic effect. If a patient is already having difficulty eating, THCVs appetite suppression can be a detriment.

Tetrahydrocannabivarinic Acid (THCV-A) is very similar to THC-A, and although it has yet to be properly studied, it is assumed to be anti-inflammatory.

Originally THCV was most commonly isolated in landrace sativas from the southern and central African continent. Until recently, THCV was only available in small concentrations in saliva strains like Durban Poison, which on average yield upwards of 0.5% THCV in a THC dominant plant. Such plants have a THC:THCV ratio of 20:1 or greater.

Several years ago, a strain named Pineapple Purps (archived test shown below) was created with a ratio of 3:1, and yielding 12% THC and 4% THCV. In the last year, a new strain, Doug’s Varin was created, with a ratio of 6:7 THC:THCV. This is the first strain we have evaluated that has more THCV than THC. All the high THCV plant strains we have observed are of the classic tall, lanky, narrow leaved sativaappearing variety.)

Hmm, thank you, it was really helpful for me. I didn't even know there were differences. Not that I often use products with THC, but it still needs to be known. I've always been interested in trying it, as my father often uses it after he gets very tired at work. This helps him to relieve stress as he has been working above normal lately due to the fact that he switched to online work during the quarantine. Oh, I hope the pandemic will be over soon.

Back
Top Bottom