The Basic Links For Patients & Caregivers

image19635.jpeg

The Basic Links For Patients and Caregivers

There's so much information on site about using cannabis medicinally that it can be overwhelming. It might be helpful to have a small list of links to threads that will move you more quickly past confusion and onto a healing path. Once you have your feet under you and can breathe freely again we can, as a team, help you find more information to meet your needs. The site has a wealth of members willing to try to find trustworthy answers to the questions we'll encourage you to ask.

Cannabinoid therapies are new to everyone. We're all learning together. Put our heads together and we make discoveries and share methods. We also hold onto each other when things get hairy. Our strength is in our numbers, our curious nature, and the love we share with each other. We know this plant heals and we can't stay quiet about it.

You've grown the plant or secured your plant material. You've processed it into oil or purchased oil for dosing purposes. Now what do you do with it? There are some threads that walk you through the process from oil to the healing path.

If you need to produce oils, there are threads to help you with that as well.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

The assumption is that you're searching this thread because you intend to treat some illness with your oils. If you're treating cancer it's recommended you read CajunCelt's thread. The first 5-10 pages are packed full of basic information. There are members who make it a practice to be available for questions on the current page. We're going to encourage you to ask a lot of questions.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

My study hall is a good place to stop and ask about anything else. We'll encourage you to ask a multitude of questions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Now we're down to dosing and administration. Start with an understanding of dosing basics.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

Move on to practical information on dosing. Tacking is a method of placing small bits of CCO on the gums to absorb through the oral mucosa. It offers a pathway into the system that has little if any overwhelming euphoria to contend with. Tim created an excellent resource on tacking before he passed away.

Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

The best route for serious treatment will be with suppositories. We've taken to using capsules for suppositories. They transport easily and are easy to administer, once you get past the aversion. Through the gut you're lucky to get 35% of the initial dose out there into the system, unless you use BioBombs, but use BioBombs or capsules made with a potent infused oil as suppositories and you increase the bioavailability to around 80%. Kingston Rabbi has a thread demonstrating how easy this route is.

How to take a CCO capsule suppository

When you have CCO you can dramatically increase the bioavailibility by turning it into powerful capsules.

BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

Magnus8 brought together a group of members focused on developing recipes for better topicals.

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Cannafan has an excellent gathering of canna cooks to share information on edibles.

The Cannabis Kitchen - Cooking With Cannabis

There are numerous threads on treatment of different disease in the medical threads. Pain is a common element, so a couple links to ways to manage pain with cannabis will be helpful.

Cannabis vs Chronic Pain And Neuropathic Pain

The Best Strains Of Marijuana For Pain Relief

And a couple other threads that deal with particular issues that arise frequently.

Using Cannabis To Reduce Or Replace Opiod Drugs

Cannabis For PTSD: A neurobiological approach to treatment

Alzheimer's Disease - Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

Anyone, whether they use cannabis or not, will benefit from taking some simple steps to support your endocannabinoid system.

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

A good starting point. Our intent is that you reach a level of confidence that has you moving forward to allow natural healing to commence. The interplay of cannabis and the human body is a glorious dance of joy and healing. The system runs best in joyful mode, and around here we know a thing or two about joy, and a good part of ours is helping you find relief and that breathing space that says "Yes, I can do this."

Use the links. Ask lots of questions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Hey sue I'm not sure if this is question falls into ur category or not lol but I'm currently in Wisconsin n have numerous back issues broken tailbone and am getting surgery on my knee at the end of the month well short story my doctor tht has been prescribing my medication for the past few years is now quiting and is telling me no doctor will continue giving me my medication if I have marijuana in my system now I used to be almost 600 pounds and got very sick n lost over 350 in about 2 months and I have a vomiting issue where once I start puking I don't stop well now I'm dwn to 190 roughly and I won't be able to make it again if I have any puking issues and due to I'm trying to work with my doc or well I was with tryn to get off narcotics n was fine with me smoking to help my nausea but now she is quiting n every doctor I see says he won't give me my meds so I'm trying to find a state where I cud move to and also find a doctor that will help me if u know of anything I cud do to help me figure stuff out I wud greatly appreciate it thank u sue have a gud day

Hey sue I'm not sure if this is question falls into ur category or not lol but I'm currently in Wisconsin n have numerous back issues broken tailbone and am getting surgery on my knee at the end of the month well short story my doctor tht has been prescribing my medication for the past few years is now quiting and is telling me no doctor will continue giving me my medication if I have marijuana in my system now I used to be almost 600 pounds and got very sick n lost over 350 in about 2 months and I have a vomiting issue where once I start puking I don't stop well now I'm dwn to 190 roughly and I won't be able to make it again if I have any puking issues and due to I'm trying to work with my doc or well I was with tryn to get off narcotics n was fine with me smoking to help my nausea but now she is quiting n every doctor I see says he won't give me my meds so I'm trying to find a state where I cud move to and also find a doctor that will help me if u know of anything I cud do to help me figure stuff out I wud greatly appreciate it thank u sue have a gud day

Jones, did we answer this somewhere else? It seems to me we had this conversation, but this happens so frequently that the cases run together. :straightface: These doctors took oaths to "Do no harm." WTH do they call this?

Jones, did we answer this somewhere else? It seems to me we had this conversation, but this happens so frequently that the cases run together. :straightface: These doctors took oaths to "Do no harm." WTH do they call this?
Lol yup but thanx alot for still responding back to me i appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom