Pain Meds & MMJ

gbauto

I'm wondering...
For the folks living in a state that allows MMJ for chronic pain, are you able to see a MD for pain meds at the same time?
As F'd up as our federal government is it wouldn't surprise me if was an either or...

I don't know for a fact just what I have heard from folks at Dispensary, but as Fed law covers prescriptions I have heard that if you tell your doctor you are using cannabis then they won't give you pain pills (may vary by doctor to doctor depending on their stance), whether they test you to make sure you aren't using when they run the usual blood tests I haven't heard anything.

I live in florida I’m not certain What the law states . I’ve Bon pain management for over two years and have had six surgeries within the past year. As far as marijuana helping to relive pain I probably would estimate about 10-15% improbable relief. When consider my multiple conditions and previously had absolutely no relief at all from the variety of muscles relaxers Drs have prescribed over the years. When dealing with surgical pain I feel as if marijuana does two things for me: distracts me from focusing on my pain and improving some of the extreme spacicity I have from Dystonia. Obviously opioids work wonders, but I’ve also developed a tolerance and fear one day being in agonizing pain and having no wat of getting relief. This puts chronic pain patients with the option of either marijuana, ketamine iv Therapy or Botox injections ad an alternative. Which fit the most part isn’t covered by insurance and treatment like the Botox or ketamine need to be repeated every month z-sevmonths.

Back
Top Bottom