Goodbye Black Market - Ain't Gonna Miss Ya!

flytier

Well, I'm finally set up with my MMJ. I received my prescription a few days ago and just placed my first order for CBD/THC oil.

I've been a pothead for over thirty years, although over the past couple years my usage has been more for stress and pain control. All along my sources have been black market street weed, and to be honest, I'd normally have no problem with that if it weren't for the lack of dependability. Actually, it's almost impossible for me to find any, so this spring I started to grow my own and a couple months back I started looking into an MMJ card.

I went to a group that caters to Canadian military and RCMP veterans so needless to say, I'm going through an LP rather than a dispensary. I was kind of hoping that my Blue Cross was going to cover it, but it doesn't look that way. I'll give them a call through the week and make sure just the same. That stuff ain't cheap.

So now in a few days I'll have my first bottle and I'll finally be able to leave my poor plants alone and let them bud in peace.
:tokin:

And as an update, I received my first bottle today. I was fortunate in that I had just gotten off work and I was sure that I missed the delivery guy. But anyway he showed up not long after I got settled away and now I'm even more settled away.
DSCI1272a.jpg

Congrats.

Make sure that you post a smoke report. LP cannabis is shaping up to be our legal supply imho, so real reviews will matter going forward. There is that other CAN site — Google search any LP product — but I think that most the reviewers are stoned & not terribly objective.

I received my 1st legal meds a few days before you did. Ditto long term user (47 years). And while black-market is easy to access here in YYZ, I am also happy to buy legally. However, both products I got from Tweed (see Strain Reviews) were dry & not comparable to the freshness that you get in the illegal dispensaries or via mail order. I just split my script & added Broken Coast so I will be reporting on their product within a few weeks since I am reluctant to re-order from Tweed again (unless supplies dry up for a while next year).

I will start growing shortly when my back decides to cooperate again so that will solve any supply issues anyway.

I never even thought to do a smoke report, but I definitely will. I also have a bottle of 1:1 oil so I'll do one for that as well. I'll look for a thread that lists how to do a good one. I can do some nice objective writing; I learned how to do that when I got my B.Sc. in the 90s and much of that time I was stoned too. Some things never change.

My girls are budding nicely outside now. They'e going to have some nice growth coming up in the next couple months judging by the way they're shooting up now. Looking forward to the end result.

Cann trust has some ok stuff, their og kush is well worth trying...Probably the only thing I ever got from a lp that I was super happy with...

Eventually I'll give it a whirl. Right now CannTrust is my primary source for weed until my own is ready, then I'll mainly get oil from them. .

Few long term tokers will abandon their black market friends

To think we will give our finances to hedge fund managers and those that despise the plant. Nope.

I'll make sure there will be lots of high grade female seeds planted in the wild next season.

Real tokers love their suppliers or we would have switched. What's not to like about the black market.

Re: Boycott those that hate Pot...

When it is legal the dependability should improve.
I live right in the middle of BC Bud country so supply and availability isn't a problem..
[video=youtube;4nHTYT3hoFQ]
[/video]

Yeah, you're in the right spot for sure. NB is the spot in the east for it, but I'm not from here and I'n surrounded by paranoid rednecks.

Congrats.

Make sure that you post a smoke report. LP cannabis is shaping up to be our legal supply imho, so real reviews will matter going forward. There is that other CAN site — Google search any LP product — but I think that most the reviewers are stoned & not terribly objective.

I received my 1st legal meds a few days before you did. Ditto long term user (47 years). And while black-market is easy to access here in YYZ, I am also happy to buy legally. However, both products I got from Tweed (see Strain Reviews) were dry & not comparable to the freshness that you get in the illegal dispensaries or via mail order. I just split my script & added Broken Coast so I will be reporting on their product within a few weeks since I am reluctant to re-order from Tweed again (unless supplies dry up for a while next year).

I will start growing shortly when my back decides to cooperate again so that will solve any supply issues anyway.
How are you liking the broken Coast Products, I used them as my LP as I waited for my grow permit?

Well, I guess it'll be back to the unreliable black market. LP and dispensary products, as good as they are, are just too costly for me, with the cost of the stuff itself, the shipping cost from Ontario and the gas money to get to the dispensary in the city. I regret to say that I'm letting my card go. So basically I'm expecting to have essentially no access to weed until my own grows are ready every couple months. Gross.

How are you liking the broken Coast Products, I used them as my LP as I waited for my grow permit?

I like them. Much better than my other LP Tweed. I have tried Savary (pink kush), Texada (super lemon haze), Star Killer & Ruxton (sour OG). I like them all but the Savary hits my pain perfectly.

Ian

I like them. Much better than my other LP Tweed. I have tried Savary (pink kush), Texada (super lemon haze), Star Killer & Ruxton (sour OG). I like them all but the Savary hits my pain perfectly.

Ian
I was with Aphria when I had my Acmpr card, but when I went with my grow permit my interim Supply could come from anyone so I chose Broken Coast upon the recommendation of a friend. Great to hear another good review..... Savary it is LOL.

Back
Top Bottom