Tooth pain medicated with Marijuana?

colorfulimage

So I've been having major tooth pain lately. I have a tooth that needs to come out but I've not had the money (oh and I hate them) to go to a dentist. Thankfully tomorrow is payday and I'll be able to get it dealt with.

Nothing has helped with the pain like marijuana. I was throwing back aspirin like no tomorrow and still, marijuana ruled.

I'm curious as to if anyone else has ever dealt with tooth pain by using marijuana and did you notice how much less the pain was? They say when you get a tooth pulled you don't want to smoke though so that it prevents dry rot. Is that just tobacco or is marijuana ok?

:peace:

im pretty sure its all smoke in general, and you really dont want that to happen. maybe you should use the rest of your paycheck to invest in a vape!!!

:joint:

why cant you smoke after getting teeth pulled ?

It can cause dry rot and/or infection. One of my friends smoked cigarettes after having a tooth pulled a year or two ago, and it caused a rather nasty infection. His head swelled up to the shape of a peanut. Not smoking anything until it heals is just a necessary safety precaution.

Plus, just think of how much higher you'll get once you do smoke after taking a break for that period of time. :)

Plus, just think of how much higher you'll get once you do smoke after taking a break for that period of time. :)

Nothing like finding that silver lining! :rollit:

Thank you all for your comments. I'll have to look into possibly getting a vape.

Solution- if you can chew, make edibles instead of smoking. :peace:

+ Rep. to get well!

That's "Dry socket" :cheesygrinsmiley:
Take it from a fella with bad gum disease.

I should have listened to GrandDad and brushed more often.

Sorry. I figured the name was wrong. :smokin:

And kittykiwi- I'm don't study dentistry or anything; that's just what I've been told by my dentist. ;) I just thought I'd share it. Does it definitely not cause dry socket?

RooMan - Thanks!

DeMagoMan - Dry 'socket' that's right! I didn't think I had the rot part right but I was totally blanking. Good luck with the gum disease. That has to suck.

My appointment is for Monday to get the situation scoped out. I was told they may have to send me to an oral surgeon because of their limited extraction tools. Do they not understand the effort to go to one dentist let alone two? lol ah well, at least it will get sorted out and I wont have to worry about the pain or which side of my mouth to chew.

No sucking... suction can cause the the blood clot to com out of the new hole in yer head (dry socket)... leaving nerves exposed and a wound open to infection. It hurts like a mofo... if it happens though all they do is pack it with gauze covered in clove grease.

Vape is a go...

When I had all 4 wisdom teeth done at once, my girlfriend at the time (wife now) was cool enough to shotgun hits for me...

You cook the pot in the butter and strain it if you want first. I just poor it on the toast. then you eat it. Now if any dentistry work is done you'll probably be gumming it real slow. if you are eating that...it won't cause dry socket..that's only caused by sucking or smoking. I'd recommend straining it tho if you had work done b/c then you won't have any lil leaves that can get stuck places. But yeah...eating it is a whole lot better for you anyways.:yummy:

So I've been having major tooth pain lately. I have a tooth that needs to come out but I've not had the money (oh and I hate them) to go to a dentist. Thankfully tomorrow is payday and I'll be able to get it dealt with.

Nothing has helped with the pain like marijuana. I was throwing back aspirin like no tomorrow and still, marijuana ruled.

I'm curious as to if anyone else has ever dealt with tooth pain by using marijuana and did you notice how much less the pain was? They say when you get a tooth pulled you don't want to smoke though so that it prevents dry rot. Is that just tobacco or is marijuana ok?

i have smoked pot for about 12 years now and have also dealt with SEVERE tooth pain for a good few years now. I was maxxed out on tylenol and advil every 6 hours and it was BARELY dulling the pain. The only time I could get the pain to go away was getting stoned.

To fix the pain (after i got dental insurance) i had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday (4/2/09) it was quite rotten and barely any was showing above the gum line and the rot was exposed (hence the pain). I smoked the day of my operation, fist just shotguns from my fiance and then very light hits from the bong, i never let my mouth seal all the way.

After this, I SNEEZED out my clot. Luckily i was still bleeding and was able to get another clot to form.

From what I have read if you are going to smoke do so from a bong with someone else filling it for you and have less than normal water in it.

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so is a buddy of mine. And we decided to deal with the pain that weekend with some nice green remedy. But we heard smoking can cause several issues, so we are going to buy a vape (herbalaire, just need the money now). So to get this straight, vapeing will not harm your mouth if you just got a tooth pulled?

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so is a buddy of mine. And we decided to deal with the pain that weekend with some nice green remedy. But we heard smoking can cause several issues, so we are going to buy a vape (herbalaire, just need the money now). So to get this straight, vapeing will not harm your mouth if you just got a tooth pulled?

i wouldn't live by that. it would have less of a chance.

the number one problem is suction. once your done bleeding that blood clot is the ONLY thing keeping you from getting dry socket.

with the vaporizer there is not so much suction, haven't used one so maybe no suction. but any time you suck you could pull the clot out.

all smoke, not just tobacco smoke has chemicals in it. i am not sure but i am gonna assume that the chemicals in pot smoke can too slow clotting.

as i said i just had mine out yesterday, i am smoking at my own risk. i have less water in my bong then normal for less resistance and if someone is over i have them fill it for me. i do not have a vaporizer.

i am in no means a doctor nor an expert, just a stoner trying to get high without getting dry socket.

i wouldn't live by that. it would have less of a chance.

the number one problem is suction. once your done bleeding that blood clot is the ONLY thing keeping you from getting dry socket.

with the vaporizer there is not so much suction, haven't used one so maybe no suction. but any time you suck you could pull the clot out.

all smoke, not just tobacco smoke has chemicals in it. i am not sure but i am gonna assume that the chemicals in pot smoke can too slow clotting.

as i said i just had mine out yesterday, i am smoking at my own risk. i have less water in my bong then normal for less resistance and if someone is over i have them fill it for me. i do not have a vaporizer.

i am in no means a doctor nor an expert, just a stoner trying to get high without getting dry socket.

If the problem is suction, then i think vapes should be fine. Ill just use a bag, squeeze it a bit, and inhale slowly. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom