Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Purple Kush

When: Dec. 2009

Grade: A-

Type: Indica

Price: $50/8th, $95/qtr.

Looks: Purple mixed with light green with orange hairs, providing a wonderful contrast of color. A nice frosting with crystals. Buds are compact and very dense.

Smell: A typical “purple” cannabis smell, fresh/floral with a hint of grape.

Taste: A mild smoking medication, with no detectible expansion. The smokes flavor is grape-like.

Buzz Type: This strain provides a strong body high with enough head buzz/space to know this is a pure Indica. Couch lock set in after a few bong hits.

Buzz Length: Medium/Long (1-2 hours) with some slight burnout (ie you’ll be heading for bed or a nap as the crash hits, if you don’t maintain a buzz).

Overall: Due to the heavy buzz, I would classify this as a good medicine for night use and pain relief. I tend to prefer sativas or sativa dom. hybrids, but this has become a favorite for evenings.

Purple_Kush12.jpg

Purple_Kush22.jpg

When: March 2010

Looks: Similar to last batch with more green with purple accents than the last batch.

Smell: Just like the last grow - grape scented.

Taste: Grape-like smoke flavor.

Buzz Type: Strong body high - this is a pure Indica, with couch lock setting in after a few bong hits.

Buzz Length: Long 2 hours.

Overall: Due to the heavy buzz, I would classify this as a good medicine for night use and pain relief. I tend to prefer sativas or sativa dom. hybrids for day use, but this has become a favorite for an evening.

Purple_Kush_new2.jpg

Purple_Kush_new31.jpg

Purple_Kush_new61.jpg

Purple_Kush_new5.jpg

Purple_Kush_new4.jpg

When: Jan 2011

Grade: B

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: So much frost, they almost look white, with some light green leafs and purple accents.

Smell: Mildly fruity.

Taste: A bit of an earthy and grape flavor...but not overly evident

Buzz Type: Body high.

Buzz Length: Medium — this provided about 1.5 hours of pain relief.

Best Medicinal Use: Joint pain (knees) and insomnia.

Overall: I always enjoy Purple Kush — especially when it's grown correctly. It's a fantastic pure indica buzz that also puts me to sleep. This batch was actually on the "middle" or "2nd" shelf at River Valley Collective, and after trying it I understand why. Don't know what happened to this grow, but the smell, taste and buzz don't match looks nor the quality of earlier batches I've had of this strain. Also the buzz duration was shorter than expected. Not that it was bad — plenty frosty and took care of the knee pain I had - just not what I was expecting.

PurpleKush1-11_4.jpg

PurpleKush1-11_3a.jpg

PurpleKush1-11_2a.jpg

PurpleKush1-11_1a.jpg

When: Feb. 2011

Grade: A++

Price: $95/qtr oz

Looks: GORGEOUS - Mostly purple with some green leaves and orange hairs

Smell: That spiced grape scent that most good "purple strains" have

Taste: Smooth grape with a slight hint of earthy spice

Buzz Type: Full body stone

Buzz Length: 2-2.5 hours +/-

Best Medicinal Use: Pain relief (joints and muscle) and insomnia

Overall: Amazing how much difference a few weeks can make. The previous sample of Purple Kush from the same collective was nowhere near as good as this batch is. While the coloration is nice, it's not usually indicative of the overall quality of a particular strain (the old "don't judge a book by it's cover" adage). However, the 2 best batches of Purple Kush have been the ones with the darkest purple coloring to the buds (coming from 2 different collectives). This batch provided a 420% indica body high (droopy eyelids included) — relieving me of all muscle aches as well as the almost constant throb from my shoulder and knees. It also had a great look, smell and taste to compliment the potent effects — a batch I'll be grabbing more of for my own personal medicine cabinet. :grinjoint:

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_02.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_05.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_07.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_09.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_05a.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_12.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_13.jpg

PurpleKush_RVC_2-2011_14.jpg

holy shmoley, that shit looks so bomb. i also have a pk going now..starting to stink five days into flower, putting up a filter right now.

When: March 2010

Looks: Similar to last batch with more green with purple accents than the last batch.

Smell: Just like the last grow - grape scented.

Taste: Grape-like smoke flavor.

Buzz Type: Strong body high - this is a pure Indica, with couch lock setting in after a few bong hits.

Buzz Length: Long 2 hours.

Overall: Due to the heavy buzz, I would classify this as a good medicine for night use and pain relief. I tend to prefer sativas or sativa dom. hybrids for day use, but this has become a favorite for an evening.

Purple_Kush_new2.jpg

Purple_Kush_new31.jpg

Purple_Kush_new61.jpg

Purple_Kush_new5.jpg

Purple_Kush_new4.jpg

mmmmmmmm,
love that purple!

Purple Kush is popularly know as medicinal strain at Marijuana dispensaries in the US. It has many medicinal benefits to medical marijuana patients. It is commonly recommended for medical conditions including severe pain and inflammation and for other use.

Purple Kush is popularly know as medicinal strain at Marijuana dispensaries in the US. It has many medicinal benefits to medical marijuana patients. It is commonly recommended for medical conditions including severe pain and inflammation and for other use.

yea ok teach

She was my high school sweet-heart :circle-of-love:

Grew some last summer outdoors, petite body, didn't weigh a lot, but damn did she have the hardest nugs... all green with splashes of purple on it. Just hit it an hour or 2 ago, that smell, that fruity grape taste has all my friends wanting a piece of the action. She brings out my creative side with a willingness to kick it. Definitely the type of ride or die chick you want to keep by your side.

great review 420Cyclist :thumb:

I'm just learning my strains. Purple Kush was the first time I grew grew a known-name-strain-plant. LMK if I should not post pics here. I could not find any guidelines for strain reviews to get an answer.

I came here to read the phenotypes & see some Purple Kush that was both shown on a plant in various stages & to see the dried bud.

Here is a good shot of the strain when I learned that it was indeed from a PK fem bean.

Hope you like it & I hope I might get confirmation that it is what they told me it is. :thanks:

purple_egg2.jpg
P4016438.jpg
purp_muxy_4_3.png

i feel like i'm alsmost polluting this thread with my pk, but it's interesting to see the strain as the years go by. my pick pails in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom