How To Write A Strain Review

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
How to Write a Strain Review

With enough planning and thought in the beginning, other patients from all over the world will read your strain review. The more pride and effort you put into your review, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost – TAKE PICTURES! It’s too easy to get caught up sampling a new strain and forget to document what it looked like with a camera for others to see. The ONLY way to show off what you are reviewing is to provide photos! For the best possible pictures with your review, please use the highest resolution available and then resize to 1024x768 for your uploaded photos.

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

Make sure to list the Strain Name in the title of the Review/Post.

Examples:
Blue Dream
Purple Kush
Skunk

There are many reviews hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of members reading your review when they can immediately determine the strain from your title.

Here is a basic guide for the qualities of a Cannabis strain to consider when sampling and provide in your review for other members to know:

Strain Name - Skywalker OG
From - Zen Healing -- do not use links here without contacting sales@420magazine.com to ensure they are a paid sponsor.
When - 4/20
Price - $420 oz.
Type - Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, Unknown
Appearance - Color, Density, etc.
Smell - Fruity, Pungent, Skunky
Taste - Great, Yummy, Delicious
Type of Buzz - Is it cerebral and spacey or more of a body stone, providing pain relief of muscle or joints?
Length of Buzz - 4 hours and 20 minutes
Best Medicinal Use - Insomnia, appetite enhancement, pain relief, anti-anxiety
Overall - Just what it says – what did you think about the strain? Anything stand out? Get the munchies? Fall asleep? Spend all night philosophizing about the origins of man or laughing with friends? Was the intensified sensory perception better for movies and video games? Tell us about it.

This info will make it much easier for members/patients to find accurate information about the many strains of Cannabis out there today.

EXAMPLE: Purple Fire
Thanks for your support and we look forward to hearing about your favorite strains...

Love and Respect.

:peace:

My "qualifications": I am a California resident, with my 215/420 recommendation that has been using Cannabis for almost 30 yrs. As a result I've become known amongst Collectives, friends, and caregrivers/growers as a "Cannabis Connoisseur." Add in the fact I that I like to write/take pictures and also have access to LOTS of great strains from Northern California Master Growers. So I was already doing this and posting to several sites, when 420Mag approached me to exclusively post my pictures and reviews here and help support the site. Since this is the most mature and complete reference Cannabis related site I have come across, I immediately joined the team to help spread awareness and improve/grow the Medical Marijuana portion of the site.

Follow the guidelines above, and ANYONE can write a review, as long as they are a legal medical patient. Not that there is any bias toward recreational users - that's where most all of us "old timers" started. It's just to gain acceptance with the Medical Marijuana community, 420Magazine needs to ensure we are 420% in compliance with the MMJ laws for the posts in the Medical Marijuana Forums.

Thanx for your interest and understanding.

:peace: and :Namaste:

My "qualifications": I am a California resident, with my 215/420 recommendation that has been using Cannabis for almost 30 yrs. As a result I've become known amongst Collectives, friends, and caregrivers/growers as a "Cannabis Connoisseur." Add in the fact I that I like to write/take pictures and also have access to LOTS of great strains from Northern California Master Growers. So I was already doing this and posting to several sites, when 420Mag approached me to exclusively post my pictures and reviews here and help support the site. Since this is the most mature and complete reference Cannabis related site I have come across, I immediately joined the team to help spread awareness and improve/grow the Medical Marijuana portion of the site.

Follow the guidelines above, and ANYONE can write a review, as long as they are a legal medical patient. Not that there is any bias toward recreational users - that's where most all of us "old timers" started. It's just to gain acceptance with the Medical Marijuana community, 420Magazine needs to ensure we are 420% in compliance with the MMJ laws for the posts in the Medical Marijuana Forums.

Thanx for your interest and understanding.

mature I dont see it

I just found out he is the guru orf ganja and his word is the word of ganja. LOL

Never said that, brother...I think we are all guru's in our own right. Who else knows what best helps with ones own medical needs than ourselves? Plus there's availability - different cities (or even collectives within the same city) will have different strains available. I'm just providing MY pictures and reviews of the strains I can get. Your opinion of the same strain somewhere else might be similar or completely different, and I'm good with that.

Bottom-line, let's build an extensive listing of Medical Cannabis Strain reviews and photo's for fellow members/patients to use as a reliable reference and help raise Cannabis awareness.

Thank you for your comment and look forward to seeing your reviews or comments.

Only works if you grow it yourself.

I do not grow.

As a California 215/420 Patient, I have the option of growing or becoming a member of a collective/dispensary. Due to time and ease, I choose to belong to a Collective, and only see the grows that Collectives/Growers pay me to photograph for them.

:peace:

Hello, are users of medicinal marijuana from states other than California welcome to post reviews? I've only read reviews from California patients, however, I am legal in Michigan. I decided it best to ask before posting. Much thanks for any info.
Deuces.

We have a pertetual grow journal going on with close to a dozen strains at any time. We are both MMJ patient/caregivers and grow for for ourselves. I will post data as soon as our current plants have finished drying, and will add additional data as we go along. We currently have AK47 and Cole Train hung and drying. I will be as thorough and concise as possible. Hopefully it will be of use to folks.

Technically no one is legal. And I think if you live in a none medical state your review will be just as good as mine. Because you should be able to participate in the medical cannabis community even if your state laws are as archaic as the entire country as a whole's Laws. I am no more legal in the eyes of the us gov. I think it's wrong to exclude someone from participation and relegate them to the sidelines. If it wasnt for the people in our states smokin cannabis for there medical conditions the state laws be damned, then we wouldn't be " legal" today. Isn't it good for the medical cannabis community if the people all over the country can participate in a mature community that's about healing and health with cannabis despite those laws.I think that it's wonderful to see people self treating symptoms of maladies they already know they have without bleeding the health care system dry. And knowing there is no chance of harm. Every post on this site is a testament to the safety of cannabis. It's all more evidence for us. Personally the mmj community is everyone needing it as medicine not just some. And I personally would like to be taken serious by the whole community. Not just some.

Thank You for taking the time to help me & the I'm certain the innumerable others whom browse these Forums. I am Sincerely Grateful. I am indeed a Legitimate Medical Marijuana Patient. In Canada anyhow, it'll be o.k. to post Legal Marijuana Grows all over this wonderful land. Within reason of course. I'm sure their Not going to let anyone grow huge crops but, I believe that we're Gonna get out of our Deficit In No Time Eh. LMAO I'm So Happy I could Scream. Lol :cheer :thanks: Justin Trudeau. I do apologize if I'm a bit overjoyed. It's when I think of ALL THE 16-18yr old Teenagers that WILL NEVER HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD for Possession for the Purpose of trafficking. I Mean F--- Man!!! I Know of 3 Personally. & NOT ONE of them were Dealers they had just purchased 2 or more grams individually wrapped grams of weed & Then got stopped shortly after doing so Buddha Bing, Buddha Boom, Joey Budafuko!!! Criminal Record for Life. 2 of em have Queens Pardons Now & I'm just waiting till I can afford to pay for mine. Am I Kidding? U tell me. LMAO- but not really! I'm all Good Now though. 52 & alot wizer & wieder.lol Seriously though I am Very Grateful for 420 & all my Brother & Sister Growers in these Forums.

Sincerely: Donny. :bravo: :420: :Namaste::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom