Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Trainwreck

When: Jan 2011

Grade: A-

Type: Sativa

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Light/Bright green frosty buds.

Smell: Typical fresh Cannabis – sweet like fresh greens.

Taste: A sweet smoke that had some expansion. Slightly hashy on the exhale.

Buzz Type: A strong upbeat sativa buzz.

Buzz Length: Medium – I was buzzed for about 1.5 hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Depression

Overall: This is a classic strain that is always fun. Trainwreck is a pure sativa, with a great cerebral buzz – very upbeat. Due to the relative low crash as you come down, this is another great option for all day medication. If you have depression issues or just the winter blues…this is a great way to spend a day. Not the best for concentration, but the buzz really lent itself to getting things done around the house…just not problem solving. Also enjoyed a walk outside with the dogs – taking in all the sights and sounds.

Trainwreck101.jpg

Trainwreck71.jpg

Trainwreck81.jpg

Trainwreck91.jpg

Trainwreck7a.jpg

i have a clone and one growing,,,,, how long do they take to flower,, is 7-9 weeks right?
btw,,,thanks for the review and the pics,, i hope it works for me,,,,

DO NOT CUT the Trainwreck at 7 weeks. It may look done but another two weeks will make a whole lot of differance. A lot more crystal production and the little rhino's swell up!! Best strain i have grown up to date!!!

thanks,,, i was gonna watch it with a magnified eye,,,, and when things turn amber,, bingo the day has come.... is this the way to go?

That would be the best way but if i didnt know any better, i wouldve cut it week 7 or 8. Just like the white widow, if u leave it till week 9,, you will get that extra crystal production and i think a bit more terpen development which is what gives u that wonderfull smell. Im sure it wont be bad if u cut it earlier but i know u wouldnt mind a bit more stiky!

This is one of my favorite plants also, helps with not only depression but seems to help with the pain in get in my neck from multiple surgeries from Degenerative Disk disease.

Strain Name: Train Wreck

When: April 2011

Grade: A++

Type: Sativa

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Incredibly frosty pale green nugs with orange hairs — looks "fluffy"

Smell: Typical Train Wreck — an earthy and somewhat sweet but acrid scent

Taste: Combination of sweet lemons and pine

Buzz Type: Highly upbeat and cerebral

Buzz Length: 2+ hours

Best Medicinal Use: Anti-depression and general mood improvement

Overall: This is another one of River Valley Collective's "standard" strains, but this grow is one of the best I've seen! This grow of Train Wreck has a wonderfully sweet flavor with just a bit of lemony-pine. The buzz matched the fantastic appearance — a soaring sativa enhanced cerebral high. The nugs looked fluffy, but due to the thick trich coating, the stickiness made them feel dense. I again, took the opportunity to head out and enjoy nature...paddling my kayak and taking pictures all afternoon. The past 2 grows from River Valley Collective have both been great medicating and a prime examples of how this strain should be grown, in my humble opinion.

TrainWreck_RVC_4-2011-2-2.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_4-2011-2.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_4-2011-3.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_4-2011-4.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_4-2011-5.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_3-2011-1m.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_3-2011-2m.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_3-2011-3m.jpg

TrainWreck_RVC_3-2011-4m.jpg

Isn't there supposed to be alot more purple?

Isn't there supposed to be alot more purple?

I've not seen purple in a Train Wreck grow, without a different name given to a hybrid, where the purple was intentionally bred into the strain (ie Grape Wreck, Purple Train Wreck, etc). YMMV.

:peace:

mine is almost ripe,,,, i'm watching it closely now..... looks yummy...

Aloha bro, great strain review! I'm getting close to my first harvest of what I was told is Trainwreck, but here in Hawai'i we don't have the pleasure of going to reputable dispensaries like you lucky buggars ;) That being said, it has the looks of the classic TW bud structure, but has some dark purple-ing just starting to happen th last few days. I would have thought that if it had the purple bred in it would have been included in the name from the source I got it, seems like everyone loves to brag/hype purple strains. But who knows. Anyways, here's a couple pics of mine with the purple, just under 7 weeks now-

7_27_1_11_013.jpg

7_27_1_11_010-1.jpg

pretty much just the leaves so far, but its progressing really quick the last day. I'm thinking it has about a week to go now (I did read the previous post about waiting 9weeks, good info to know, but so far my use of BushMaster has cut a week of my other strains harvest time, so I am basing it on that). I'll try to follow up if there is any more significant coloring if its cool with you.
:peace:

I just loaded 6 Trainwreck clones in my Areo-cloner. As soon as roots get long enough they'll be in 18gal DWC totes. This strain is amazing looking.

Back
Top Bottom