Type: Sativa

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Sage green nugs with orange-red hairs

Smell: Faint chocolate smell

Taste: Smooth and slightly chocolaty smoke and vapor

Buzz Type: Very spacey and cerebral – thought provoking

Buzz Length: 1.5-2 hours

Best Medicinal Use: Mood improvement and appetite enhancement

Overall: At first the bud tender thought this was an indica – which is obviously due to the amber present in the trichs (shown in the picture below). But I could tell this was another strong sativa after the first few hits; which left me sitting spacing off at my computer pondering who knows what. This is a wonderful smelling and tasting strain – with a raw cocoa or bakers chocolate overtone. I found the buzz highly compatible with introspective thought – great for long walks or rides or just time alone to think about “things.” Also a good for friendly discussions, as the cerebral aspects will open deep conversations branching in many different directions.

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-1.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-2.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-3.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-4.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-1m.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-2m.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-3m.jpg

Chocolope_RVC_4-2011-4m.jpg

Great review and photos 420Cyclist. Those are some really nice looking buds. The genetics of Chocolope are OG Chocolate Thai female X Cannalope Haze male.

THat looks amazing. Usually I stick to indica's, however this is a sativa that looks TOO good to pass up!
Gonna have my eye out for this stuff! Another great review!

Great post. IMO Chocolope is a great strain for medical use and worthy of more discussion.

Here is a slightly different set of characteristics that may just be a variance due to the phenotype and environment.

Strain Name: Chocolope

Smell: Distinct smell of citrus, primarily grapefruit and tangerine

Taste: Smooth and very fruity. The smell matches the taste, citrus. Great with a glass of lighter white wine.

Effect: Relaxed and cerebral, leaves one feeling positive and very aware. A great way to surf the web and let your mind wonder about interesting topics. Clear enough you can make notes about what you are thinking about if you want to remember. As always, never try to drive as you will be impaired no matter how good you feel.

Primary Effect Length: 1 - 1.5 hours

Best Medicinal Use:

Very good for migraines. After treating three or four active migraines with chocolope, the frequency and intensity of the migraines will often decrease to almost none.

Very good anti-depressant. As with many Sativas, chocolope is very helpful to lighten the effects of clinical depression. Some patients combine with pharma-chemicals such as anti-depressants like SSRI's. Worth consulting your medical care provider BEFORE you do, to help track changes in symptoms.

Overall: In addition to the specific medicinal uses, chocolope is a great daytime medication. For a sustained effect, consider experimenting with having less the first titration (dosage) - about half a gram in a vaporizer, and follow up with that same amount after one hour. Some feedback is that chocolope tops out after two doses within a few hours, with limited effect afterwards. Your mileage may vary. If you want a couch-lock medication, steer toward a strain with a greater inclusion of indica.

Warning: Snack foods are particularly delicious while under the influence of chocolope, and social network posting seems much more funny than it really is. Two dangers for the next day of "what the hell did I DO yesterday."
:party:

How did you get the chocolate trait into the plant?

Man that looks good!!!

The photo you posted of the Chocolope looks like some AK-47 I grew. Everyone who has grown or smoked this strain has had good things to say about it. I'm not much of a sativa guy but I would try growing a few Chocolope plants. I hear the yields are really solid for a Sativa and it has gotten really good reviews. I'll buy some seeds and maybe get around to growing some Chocolope Bush eventually. I was too young to try the Chocolate Thai from the 80s so this should be interesting if I ever get around to growing and smoking some.

I've got a few Chocolope's going in the O.D. garden right now. Can't wait till I can tell whether I've got me a couple citrus pheno's or the chocolatey one.

This buds look really dense like golf balls. It just smells delicious juicy fruit gum with a slight hint of skunk. It has an excellent medicinal effects, good for pain relief, relaxing and munchies. Its potency is very strong. :ganjamon:

Great post. IMO Chocolope is a great strain for medical use and worthy of more discussion.

Here is a slightly different set of characteristics that may just be a variance due to the phenotype and environment.

Strain Name: Chocolope

Smell: Distinct smell of citrus, primarily grapefruit and tangerine

Taste: Smooth and very fruity. The smell matches the taste, citrus. Great with a glass of lighter white wine.

Effect: Relaxed and cerebral, leaves one feeling positive and very aware. A great way to surf the web and let your mind wonder about interesting topics. Clear enough you can make notes about what you are thinking about if you want to remember. As always, never try to drive as you will be impaired no matter how good you feel.

Primary Effect Length: 1 - 1.5 hours

Best Medicinal Use:

Very good for migraines. After treating three or four active migraines with chocolope, the frequency and intensity of the migraines will often decrease to almost none.

Very good anti-depressant. As with many Sativas, chocolope is very helpful to lighten the effects of clinical depression. Some patients combine with pharma-chemicals such as anti-depressants like SSRI's. Worth consulting your medical care provider BEFORE you do, to help track changes in symptoms.

Overall: In addition to the specific medicinal uses, chocolope is a great daytime medication. For a sustained effect, consider experimenting with having less the first titration (dosage) - about half a gram in a vaporizer, and follow up with that same amount after one hour. Some feedback is that chocolope tops out after two doses within a few hours, with limited effect afterwards. Your mileage may vary. If you want a couch-lock medication, steer toward a strain with a greater inclusion of indica.

Warning: Snack foods are particularly delicious while under the influence of chocolope, and social network posting seems much more funny than it really is. Two dangers for the next day of "what the hell did I DO yesterday."
:party:

Thank you guys for this review I'm having a J of chocolope in chocolate papers, def very cerebral high but most importantly of all my anxiety is alleviated for once and i don't feel depressed either :) :peace: i agree with the fruitiness but i also taste some menthol hints too which is really different

Ah chocolate. I have Chocolope and Chocoloco a Chocolate Thai x Chocolope cross. Another Chocolate that has just become available is Chocolate Chunck from T.H. seeds. These seeds were previously unavailable. Hoping I find a good one to cross with Chocolope for a 50/50 hybrid chocolate.

I have a Chocolope in my veg tent, it will get flipped in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to check back for a review when it's done!

Back
Top Bottom