media/nutes - soil, CRF's
light - 600w HPS
Appearance - average green weed, but a beautiful plant
Smell - sort of smells like varnish
Taste - not much at all
Type of Buzz - Is it a little cerebral and mellows after a while
Length of Buzz - 1 - 2 hours
Best Medicinal Use - na
Overall - The Papaya is OK, starts uppy and mellows. C+ Had a problem with bud rot. Not like described by the breeder. (The buzz from Papaya is relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic) My plants were very very healthy and should have turned out better IMHO

Young plant
Papaya_23days.jpg

Mature plant
Papaya_13_Wks_R.jpg

Bud
Papaya20.jpg

The Papaya strain has also been called Mango, due to its tropical aroma and fruit like a taste. It's like inhaling fruity smoke. It is a cross between a Sativa/Indica blend and an Afghani strain, inheriting the Indica buzz and high yielding commercial crops of its parentage. This plant loves growing indoors or in greenhouses. This strain does mature quite early in comparison to other strains. This is one of those strains of weed that you have to try once in your life, because the taste is worth.

Jean2

I know what it is supposed to be like, but mine was nothing like Nirvana described.

Very little taste or smell, and more of an up high than a indica stone.

However it was a very hearty plant with nice structure. But looks don't get you hi.

The ideal temperature of the light hours is 68 F to 78 F degrees and for the night hours, there should be about a 15 degree drop in temperature. The growing room should be relatively dry if possible. Your plant needs the resinous coating on its leaves to protect itself from drying out. In an extremely humid room, the plants develop wide leaves and do not produce as much resin. You must take care not to let the temperature in a dry room become too hot. However, since the plants cannot assimilator water fast enough through its roots, and its foliage will begin to be brown out.

Revised opinion

I gave clones to two guys.
One an experienced grower and I haven't sampled his yet.
One is an inexperienced grower that has no clue except the advice I give him. He gave them very little attention. He is gone for 7 to 10 days at a time and that is the only time they got watered. He gave them no additional ferts, just the OC+ etc. loaded in the potting soil. His turned out very good. More stonier than mine.
I also had two clones I put out near the woods that got very little care. OC+ in poor soil watered every 4 or 5 days. Only direct light from 1pm til sunset. It is the tastiest and stoniest of the 3 grows so far. Very good. Smaller buds though. Burns great.

Been growing the Nirvana Papaya since March. It was the very first plant that I grew ever. I fell in love with it then, and have loved it ever since. I have 2 in the flower room now that are 3 and 5 weeks from harvest and their cloned sisters in the veg room.
The plants are gorgeous and smell fruity and awesome. They don't get much over 35-38 inches tall in my grow, I usually flip them at 6 weeks from seed at 18-22 inches tall. They get LST'd and are topped at least 3 times before flipping. The last plant offered up about 4.5 ozs of the best all day bud.:yahoo:

I grow under a 1000 watt and a 600 watt in a 10x10 flower room in soil. Temps range from 80 during the day to 70 at night with Rh at 45-55 %.
They finish in 7-8 wks just like Nirvana said they would. I am very happy with this strain.

:bongrip:

Good info folks.I`ve got Papaya and Northern lights(Nirvana) for my next run.They`ll be grown through winter so that `ll keep the temps nice.

The papaya is an easy plant to grow. I use the LST on every plant along with multiple topping. They turn in to nice little cola bushes. Great medicine that makes wonderful simpson oil.

Nice looking mature plant, great looking bud just remember all plants don't come out the same different phenotypes occur in all plants that aren't grown from clones and plants change a bit when the growing environment is different from the seed breeders. RD :goodjob::goodjob::peace::peace::peace:

COMPARISON RESULTS:

As I mentioned a few posts back, I did a comparison test by giving clones away.
one an experienced grower, and one a rookie. Both were a bit better than mine and very similar to each other yet a little different than mine.

BUT the one I grew outdoors on a hill side was the best of the bunch. OC+ added at planting. Watered once a week. Found her wilting several times. More stonier and more potent and the best of the grows..... Thumbs up to Nirvana seeds.

The smoke report

At first toke u think 'the taste is missing' but then OH it ain't It kinda rolls on the tongue with a smoked/spicy touch, exhale feels/taste narcotic in the throat..
the smoke is smooth almost soft an at first i don't really feel anything but then a body buzz starts kicking and before u know it u high and couch locked
The high first really starts to pump after u put out the J, lasting for 1 - 1½ hours.. when if you didn't fall asleep u hunger starts leading you to the fridge

:passitleft:
So this was Nirvana Papaya:peace:

IMAG06134.jpg

sorry about your results. i have done this outdoors and is a top shelf taste and med plant everytime. i am doing an indoor grow of it now. regular seed. from nirvana. this plant has awsome taste and kick your but 4 hr couch loc. one of the best pain killers i have done.
it likes dry air lots of water, less then 85dgf. 15 dgf nite diference and cool water 10 to 15 dgf dif then where plant is growing. also does good with chem ferts or organics. soil or hydro. way better taste in soil. a ph start of 5.5 to 5.8 is good thru veg then 6.5 to 6.8 last 1/2 of flowering. pumps out trics when 3 day nite in last 10 days. ice water for 3 days of flushing. and never heat dry it. no fast drys. leave the leaf on and trim as it crumbles when harvested. way sweet stuff.[candy of the gods] ...

Hope everything turned out well for you. If you want the best Nirvana has to offer Then get #1Snow white #2Jock Horror #3Aurora. Hurry before it all turns into a huge industry where the seeds are not really what you ordered, or they just end up being unviable unhealthy seeds & Plants

Hope everything turned out well for you. If you want the best Nirvana has to offer Then get #1Snow white #2Jock Horror #3Aurora. Hurry before it all turns into a huge industry where the seeds are not really what you ordered, or they just end up being unviable unhealthy seeds & Plants
yes i do all those as well as wonder woman and ice. i also do pinaple from barneys and train wreak plus several others like sour bubble and bublelicious. black water ect .

Back
Top Bottom