Blue Cheese - Grown from Seed

Strain Name - Blue Cheese
From - California - "Medicinal Organic Nursery" Seed Bank
When - Planted 4/11/11 - Harvested 6/11/11 - Sampled 7/11/11
Price - $40.00 for 9 seeds *
Type - Mostly Indica; Big Buddha Cheese x Blueberry
Appearance - Dense buds with thick, sparkling Trichome coverage
Smell - Earthy aroma with a slight hint of Blueberry
Taste - Neutral flavor profile - Some buds are mildly sweet, others are still a bit harsh in the throat even after an extended curing time and through a large bong. Probably due to the extreme potency.
Type of Buzz - ONE HIT WONDER! VERY STRONG Indica Style Couch Lock Body High. Would be best used for heavy relaxation/sedation, sleep inducement or for severe pain relief
Length of Buzz - 4-5 hours after 2 hits from a Bong - I would have to smoke 4-5 equal hits of GDP or Blueberry Diesel to get the same high as 1-2 hits of this stufff, and I smoke quality dank every day! - An ounce of this stuff would likely last the average patient a good 2-3 months, since so little is needed for the desired effect! Have not tried with a Vaporizer yet. Will update this review with that info soon.

Grower's commentary:

* The Seeds:
I am pretty sure that the pack of seeds I received had been improperly stored because I only had TWO seedlings grow from the 9 seeds planted. Of those two, only this one solitary female was the result of this grow session. The local dispensary was kind enough to give me a full store credit for this purchase, so this plant was basically a gift from them! :thumb: (we have a GREAT dispensary up here!)

The Final Product:
This is one of the strongest strains I have ever grown. This single plant was harvested at exactly 8 weeks flowering time. Trichomes were mostly cloudy with a small percentage of amber. Even so, the heavy body high along with overall potency and duration of the high from this bud is striking! About twice as potent as the high grade Nor Cal grown Grand Daddy Purple bud I purchased from a local dispensary. Very little indication of ANY Sativa characteristics from this particular variety of Blue Cheese... AT ALL.

Photos:

Harvest was just over 1 oz. dried and cured.

P10105481.JPG
Buds115.JPG
Buds212.JPG
Buds3_closeup.JPG

The Blue Cheese plant on the day of harvest.
P10105441.JPG
P10105451.JPG

I left 1/3 of the plant intact at harvest and it is just now beginning to reveg. I plan to take cuttings from this mother plant and grow out another crop of this Blue Cheese. This time, I will harvest a few plants at 6-7 weeks of flowering and a few at 11 weeks to compare the overall effect.

Surviving plant 2 weeks after harvest

P10107141.JPG

4 weeks after harvest
P1010878.JPG
P1010877.JPG

If the mother plant that produced these great buds had not survived the harvest and reveg, I was fully planning to purchase another package of Blue Cheese seeds from Medicinal Organic Nursery!

Hope you found this strain review useful! Feel free to post a comment! :)

Re: Blue Cheese (Grown from Seed)

:clap: :yahoo::high-five::yahoo::clap:
What a thorough review!
You da man AuAvian7

The big cola shot on the live plant is just fantastic! You should submit for PoTM, if you hadn't already.. :) That pic and the one above it are amazing! Hopefully I get something that pretty when I start growing!

Can't wait for your next review! :thumb:

Thanks Man! Glad you like my review! It took a long time from seed to smoke before I could post this one, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I plan to do similar reviews of all of my other crops that are still vegging or flowering right now.

I didn't realize that the Plant of the Month could be a plant that was grown and harvested many months ago. Thought it had to be one grown more recently.

In any event...Thanks again for reading my little review and posting such a nice response. :)

Cheers.

Dude, SICK review! That plant looks freaking awesome! Well done! Have you smoked it out of a vape yet? How's that compare to the pipe?

Cool! :circle-of-love:

Thanks guys! :)

I'm really pleased that folks are enjoying my first strain review and that you were impressed by my Cannabis cultivation efforts! :thumb:

I haven't tried any of the BC Bud in my Volcano or VaporBros yet, mainly because I need to wait for a time when I can risk getting totally blitzed! This stuff is SO strong, just trying to get a good flavor profile got me way too stoned for my comfort zone! :bong:

As for my next review...

I've got TWO Blueberry Kush plants in flower at the moment, and those will be the subject of my next review. They are approaching Week #2, so as you all know, it is going to be awhile before I will have some dried and cured Blueberry Kush buds to write about here. ;)

Feel free to join me on my Grower's Journal linked below to follow the current progress of those plants as well as many more! :)

Cheers and thanks again for your comments! :)

:clap: :yahoo::high-five::yahoo::clap:
You should submit for PoTM, if you hadn't already.. :) That pic and the one above it are amazing! Hopefully I get something that pretty when I start growing!

I finally took you and everyone else up who suggested this!

I just entered those Harvest Day photos into the July Plant of the Month Contest.

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - July 2011

Hope you will all vote for it! :thumb:

Thanks in advance!

Review Update: Characteristics with a Vaporizer...

I just got done sampling this bud with my Volcano vaporizer and I am pleased to report that it is EXCELLENT! In fact, the phycoactive effects through this delivery method are far more balanced, predictable and enjoyable. Whereas in a Bong, the buzz was VERY strong and almost too much, the effect here is much more gradual and mellow. The overall high develops over about 30 minutes, and after about a bag and a quarter, I am feeling NO PAIN! :Namaste:

The odd thing about this Bud is the almost complete lack of a strong flavor profile. I'm not sure exactly why this is. Taste is not totally absent however as there are often subtle hints of caramel "Cracker Jack" flavor/aroma. Since I have been sampling from different buds from the harvest each time, it could be that I have yet to find the buds from the main Cola, where the strongest flavors would be.

After all this time I have lost track on which buds came from where on the plant! :laughtwo:

Now with this discovery of how nice this stuff is through a Vaporizer, I really feel that this strain deserves a solid 5 STARS!

BC Through a Vaporizer Review II
VaporBrothers Hands Free

Two days ago I ran out of my store bought supply of Grand Daddy Purple bud which has been my exclusive bud for my armchair vaporizer for a long time. My armchair vape of choice is a trusty VaporBrothers Hands Free Natural Wood Box!

This BC bud grinds nicely in all of my various grinders and reduces into a consistent medium grade sift which works equally well in the Volcano bowl as well as in the Whip Bowl.

How was it?

WOW! :goof:

That elusive flavor profile missing in the Bag and Bong is certainly here in abundance when this bud is vaped through a "Whip Style" box vaporizer. (Heat Set at 12:00 O' Clock) I compare the flavor on the first draw or two to that of GDP, along with that caramel/Cracker Jack profile added. I have no idea where that toasted sugar flavor is coming from, since I never use Molassis in my grows. ????

The early oils vape off at about the same amount of time as GDP, which is then followed by a solid, consistent vapor that is much less cough inducing than the GDP bud I was using, but was still nearly twice as potent! Once again, two solid vape drags resulted in a seriously heavy couch lock high that lasted a LONG TIME!

This concludes my Blue Cheese Strain Review.

Seriously, Golden, please continue to do reviews. I love your vape reviews a lot, so much that I keep reading them :D Can't wait till the next one!

I hate to repeat others but your review was awsome! I know it's your baby but the detail is :circle-of-love:!! You did a great job brother!

Golden thanx to your reviews i ordered some femie blue cheese seeds which are on the way! I cant wait for the next grow with the blue! I love indicas and love the couch lock periods it provides. Extra koodows on the vapo reviews as well! Golden what other strains have you grown that you would highly recommend? I also order pineapple chunk! Nice work on the plants and your photos!

WOW! Thanks GetRight, Dashiznet and CannaVince :cheer:

I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! Not to mention your subscriptions! :thumb:

Good luck with those Blue Cheese seeds CannaVince! Did you buy them from the same seed bank as my plant? Either way, I hope that you are planning to create a grow journal for them so we can all see how it goes! :)

I'm glad to you are enjoying my review style GetRight! I like to cover all the bases, mainly because often times when I was trying to get info on certain strains, I found the information somewhat lacking. So... When it came time to write this first review, I wanted to make sure that I included everything I would want to know if I was reading this for the first time.

OH! Before I forget... I wanted to announce...

BLUE CHEESE CURRENTLY LEADS POTM for JULY!

I'm pleased to report that our Blue Cheese plant featured in this review continues to hold the #1 slot in the July Plant of the Month Contest! However, the vote remains VERY CLOSE with N.W. Green's awesome Razamatazz buds a close second! If you haven't checked out this month's entries, click the link above or below in my sig and cast your vote! We hope that in the end, you will vote BLUE CHEESE! :)

Thanks again for your comments guys! I really appreciate it! :thumb:

Looks like a battle of Red vs. Blue. Both look great, I think the BC is just a little nicer looking.

Get off your butts and vote!

Thanks Steve!

If the winning plant is destined for the cover of 420 mag, I would have to agree, even if this wasn't my plant. ;)

Guess we will just have to wait and see! One thing is for sure... I can't handle the suspense/stress of waiting for the final vote, (Part of my medical condition) so this is likely to be my last forray into the POTM contest regardless of how it turns out. :laughtwo:

if you are revegging a plant that has already flower will you not hermie and even through cuttings will hermie unless it is a x-gene

if you are revegging a plant that has already flower will you not hermie and even through cuttings will hermie unless it is a x-gene

Never heard that before.

I've seen no evidence that my original BC has gone Hermie. I'm currently cloning off about 5 cuttings and they are all covered with pistils.

P10109901.JPG

Chariot said:
Great review, GG7! I love your work. Keep it up!

Thanks man! My single BC clone is vegging nicely and should provide some hearty cuttings for the 2012 growing season. Had to chop the original a few days ago cause it was dying of old age. Never revegged after this last flowering and was slowly drying up and turning brown.

Been dealing with a Spider Mite infestation on all the indoor plants lately, but I am treating them with a Neem Oil solution every 7 days for three weeks, which fortunately seems to be working so far. Two more treatments to go.

The GDP clones appear to be more affected than the BC or the BBK which both show only minor leaf damage. The three remaining GDP were hit much harder. Still... They all appear to be recovering.

I HATE SPIDER MITES! A complete mystery as to how they got into the grow rooms to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom