Tangerine Dream

lightbrite

Strain Name - tangerine Dream
From - very good breader
When - 8/11
Price - $200.00 oz.
Type - Sativa, Hybrid,Tangerine Dream Cannabis Cup Winner 2010. The exceptional crossing of G13 with Neville's A5 Haze — with the resulting plant again crossed with G13 —
Appearance - light and airy takes a ton just to weigh out an oz yet if you read other reviews on tangerine dream it says

(Plants grow to a height of about one meter, with strong and substantial side braches able to support their big, dense flowers)

how ever all five of my tangerine dream plants were all light weight buds and very airy I personally will not be growing this strain anytime soon.

Smell - sweet citrus aromas
Taste -strain offering tangy, intense and flavors
Type of Buzz -effects that are at once cerebral and relaxing ?
Length of Buzz - 2 hours and 20 minutes
Best Medicinal Use - appetite enhancement, , anti-anxiety,and yet sociable
Overall - HEIGHT Medium flowering time 70 Days Harvest time End October THC 25% CBD 1.8%
Anyone else grow this and how was your final product? Personally I like a heavier weighing bud developement.

:thumb:

I and a lot of other growers had a big problem with this strain. It didn't bud. No newbies. These seeds from Barneys Farms s**k. They never get back to you also after e-mails sent. Don't waste your time and money on these seeds.

Flipper

I and a lot of other growers had a big problem with this strain. It didn't bud. No newbies. These seeds from Barneys Farms s**k. They never get back to you also after e-mails sent. Don't waste your time and money on these seeds.

Flipper

Too late. I already did. :(
Get ready to come onto my next grow journal soon and say "I told you so!"
Damn.....

Well you never know, you maybe one of the luckey ones. You can see my post "Tangerine Dream, No buds". And check out all the replys.

:goodluck:
Flipper

No pics? I had bad luck with mine, gave it two grow cycle to provide some buds and never deliver. I don't think I'm all that bad in growing...maybe I am and the plants that provided ounces of high quality buds didn't want to hurt my feelings. Hehe

It may have won the HT cup years back, but if there were a grow cup category it would not be anywhere near it.

We have faith in you! How many seeds did you ordered?

Five. From The Single Seed Centre. It was the "back in stock" advertisement they ran about 4 or 5 months ago. I already planned on reducing the nutes to half strength with all future grows because every strain I have grown so far except PEx and Panama show light nute burn at full strength (I use Fox Farms w/all solubles + Bush Doctor and I have Blue Planet Farmer's Pride - 7 part organic program on the way). It's a good thing I got on this thread too. I read in Greg Green's grow book that the difference between a grow area being 99% and 100% lightproof can = up to a 30% difference in yield depending on the strain; this just fortifies the reason to do another light leak check. Damn, I got a South African Kwazulu that acts like it's allergic to water and now this. Oh woe is me.....

Did you all order the feminized seeds? I did.3/5 germinated.

I ordered the fem seeds too. No sense in me spending these extreme amounts of cash and risking a male. I'm not looking to breed at this point. I'd rather take my chances with a possible hermie; that way I can at least smoke the results of a failure and recoup SOME of my lost finances. I have a feeling I am going to be growing an extortionately overpriced rope crop.

It's annoying to nurture growth and end up with what you don't like. I considered some Barney's seeds but was repelled by bad reviews. I was searching for a Sweet Tooth strain and they were the only ones who had it available. I came to find out it was not the original Sweet Tooth so I avoided it. I was pleased with the outcome of seeds from World of Seeds and Green House.

It's annoying to nurture growth and end up with what you don't like. I considered some Barney's seeds but was repelled by bad reviews. I was searching for a Sweet Tooth strain and they were the only ones who had it available. I came to find out it was not the original Sweet Tooth so I avoided it. I was pleased with the outcome of seeds from World of Seeds and Green House.

I'm glad that you added to this thread. I thought it was just me, but to be honest, "Lucy" (Barney's Farm) needs to step away from being a weed plant and go back to pulling the football away from Charlie Brown when he's about to kick it. I'm not impressed in the least by this strain. I need to breed some seeds of my own and let these guys go.

Hey Lite
I also got hooked by Big Barney with the Tangerine not so dreamy ............
I am in the curing stage now and yes very airy buds ...........but early on I discovered bad leaf discoloring ..... My only conclusion was that T.D. doesn't care for to much Nitrogen....... I had to really baby mine through ............ keeping propper distancefrom lights, constantly changing nute program ...... I will get a small yeild but it smells great
I have a little experience but I think T.D. is for the very experienced grower.
Northern Lights Blue was a great producer and beautiful plant along with s.s.o.g. and all of the buddha strains. :goodluck: Brother

The initial smell of this strain is slightly under moderate. Carries an impressive citrus tangerine smell that manages to match its strain name. Also has tones of wood and mint. When squeezed, these smells are intensified to a moderate to high smell strength. Its taste is more earthy than woody and is subtle throughout. The smoke had a light feeling to it, and was not harsh. It hits immediately and heavies the eyes and slows one perception of time.Causes the mind to lose focus unless activities are planned of time. This strain has an active, social cerebral effect, and also increases physical sensations.

Quit ragging on Derry and Cissy, they produce some of the best seeds that come out of Amsterdam. You should complain to the seed dealer and not the producers. I've had great luck with every Barneys strain that I've grown. I choose to grow outdoors and let nature do the lighting and Fox Farm do the soil and nutes, no problems except my plants growing too large and bud heavy. RD :thanks::thanks::peace::peace::peace:

Quit ragging on Derry and Cissy, they produce some of the best seeds that come out of Amsterdam. You should complain to the seed dealer and not the producers. I've had great luck with every Barneys strain that I've grown. I choose to grow outdoors and let nature do the lighting and Fox Farm do the soil and nutes, no problems except my plants growing too large and bud heavy. RD :thanks::thanks::peace::peace::peace:

First of all, no one is "ragging" on your personal friends. I sense that since you use their first names. Second, people are sharing their experiences about a certain seed bank that has many complaints against them. This is not personal, it is merely fact based upon experience. The seed banks who maintain high standards of honesty regarding strains and seed quality will get the business. The others will lose business. That is the law of supply and demand.

It's not the sellers it's a breeder problem when you have this many people with the same problem. Barney Farms should address this problem with their Tangerine Dream strain. If you had a good grow, good luck to you. Many didn't and lost their crop. Your laws allow you to grow outside most do not. So don't rub it in.

barneys farm seeds are sub par; im very unhappy with 3 out of 4 seeds that should have been top quality; vanilla kush, pineapple chunk, and 1 of 2 tangerine dream seeds.

Back
Top Bottom