Easy Rider

David Bowman

Below are the two taste reviews I did of my first grow, one 2 weeks into cure, the other 4 weeks into cure.

Posted 12-29-2013

It has been exactly 2 weeks since I put up my first harvest to cure in 2-1 quart glass mason jars, each with a Boveda 62% Humidipaks, inside a closed carboard box. During that time I burped them twice for an hour each time, the first time 12 hours after the start of cure and the second time 24 hours after that, then I let them stay sealed in the jars until today. I believe for my next cure I will try it without any burping as it appears that the Humidipaks have kept the curing environment perfectly stable. There is no sign of any form of degredation of the buds, they look and feel exactly like they did when I last checked them at the beginning of the last burp 12.5 days ago. The stalks are brittle and the buds are firm but give just a little when squeezed slightly. Their color is a pale green with spots of red and orange. Note that I have found a few seeds in some of the lower popcorn bud so at least one stamen made it through my obsessive checks.

It smells so much better than it did immediately after the harvest. That sickly sweet smell is, for the most part, gone and replaced with a sweet, piney, pungent aroma. It smells quite different than it did when it was flowering, I really liked that smell and miss having it around. It grinds very easily into the proper size for vaping with either my Arizer Extreme Q or Vapor Genie vaporizers. It is a very smooth draw and immediately sends me on my way with a clear buzzy high right off the bat, a creeper it ain't. This initial high lasts for at least 2 hours, with the maximum rush occuring in the first hour, and its effects can be felt for 4-5 hours. It does not fall off so much as transform into a nice and easy couch-lock high, not overly sleepy but definitely a much more relaxed and mellow high as compared to the initial rush. The leftover mulch I'm using for brownies which give a much more subdued but definitely noticable high.

I'll post another taste test in 2 weeks to see how it has aged and matured.

Posted 01-12-2014

Well, it has been 4 weeks since I first started curing my harvest and it has completely stabilized being stored in the dark at room temperature with 62%-64% RH. The smell hasn't realy changed much, a little more mellow. The initial high is more powerful and lasts longer but otherwise a very similar profile to my first taste. Overall, I really enjoy this strain and look forward to when I can do another grow of Easy Rider.

Back
Top Bottom