Nirvana's Northern Lights Automatic Grow Review

STGuy

Nirvana's Northern Lights Automatic Grow Review

Hey I just recently finished my first grow. It was of Nirvana's Northern Lights Auto.
I did it in 11l square pots with 2/3 soil 1/3 perlite under a 600w hps, i wanted to do 5 but ended up with only 2 as my cupboard was too small for such a big (and hot) light but I was able to move them into a friends tent and it was fine there on out.My friend was doing the exact same strain too and we were both unimpressed. We ordered 1x10-pack and 2x5-packs of the seeds,in every pack 2 simply didn't germinate at all (defo nothing wrong with how they were germed) and some more were simply week and barely germed. We also did some LST and it really messed them up what with them being auto. 1 of mine was LST'd n was only 1-2 feet tall the other was not LST'd but was topped around 4 weeks into flower i think, as it was getting too tall (at least a meter). my friend also LST'd some of his and there was a clear pattern in that not long after LST it would start flowering and gain almost no more height where as non-LST'd 1s ended up rather tall
I really don't recommend autos for 1st time, would have been way better and easier to be able to control when they flowered and it wasn't any quicker either which was a BIG factor in me choosing auto. I also wouldn't really recommend Nirvana's Northern Lights Auto.

In the end I got 2oz from the LST'd one and 4oz from the tall one (both wet so dry would be 25-50%) even though it had been burned a little at the top.

I'm not much of a connoisseur when it comes to weed but i'll try my best but as the title says I'm writing this to review the grow rather than the taste etc. The taste is ok and smooth to smoke however this is in comparison to "soap bar" (really really bad hash). Potency wise it is actually weaker to me than soap bar but i think that's just because I smoke less of it what with it being so precious!
I JUST tried it again and weighed it and everything to make sure I wasn't just smoking less than normal and it is definetely stronger lol unfortunately I can't compare it to other weed as I barely get to smoke it, so sorry.

I've ordered more seeds 5x Dinofem's Critical Jack and 5x Sensi Seeds Big Bud and plan to make a journal very soon.

i too, was taken in by weak streins when i started out. keep it simple. like nirvans regular nl, or better yet, their aurora indica. i love this one. its potent. but, again, "potent" is all relevant. some will pop hundreds of seeds of one single strein, looking for that one magic pheno. most go go thru the hassel. we get a pack, and make due. plants dont need to be grown big, either. a freind of mine, he blew me away. he took me in, and showed me how he differs from my tech....he puts is babies in square one gallons. and into bloom at like 7" tall. but the time they are done, they are 12-18" colas. because he cuts the branches off for more clones, they dont branch out, or create shade. and, he gets 45 plants in the same space, i get 6 plants into. i get about 2 oz each. he gets 1/4-1/2 oz ea. so. there you go. he puts all his ones , in a 3x5 plastic tray, and pours the food in, letting them suck it up by wicking action. as for me, i use five gallon pots, steril soil. sunshine 4. a simple canna food. and cool temps. probably why i get average at best yeilds, but, with jar cureing, superior smoke. i just took a hit of nl5, thats been jared since early nov.

Well, this is an interesting topic. My last grow was Nirvana's Northern Lights Autos. I put 4 beans into custom dirt in 3 gal smartpots sitting in plastic trays. I always bottom water. Let the pot suck the water up(pun intended). Beans right into the dirt. All 4 popped. I have a 400 watt HPS, 2 x 4 bulb 4 foot long T5s running red - blue - red -blue for side lighting, and several cfls for lower lighting. I ran 24/7 until the first week of flower. Then switched to 20/4 til harvest. I used organic ferts with Superthrive added to them. The girls were 2 feet across and 3 1/2 feet high. Very thick and bushy they were. I trimmed some of the big upper fans off. I ended up with 680 grams dry. I have passed it out to all my friends and family and everyone loves it. 2 tokes gets me pleasant. 4 tokes and I start getting forgetful. I wonder what problem some others grows were having with these beans? I love autos. I also spent about 2 hours a day sitting with them and exchanging co2 for oxygen with my girls. Yes I actually sat there and chatted with them. I did have a fan blowing on then all the time the lights were on. RH was about 40% and temps were around 78F. I went to spend $200 on more beans and they don't take my cc any more. So no more beans from them for me. I really did like their beans. Oh well, this was just my experience with them. I had grown several auto strains before this grow.

This is my first post. I had one seed from Nirvana,Auto Northern Lights. It popped. Im usings 600 watt Mh/HPS, and I put it in its final container quickly as I had heard Autos should not have their root system hit bottom quickly. I'm using sunshine grow mix 4, with advanced nutrients per the bottle Sensi Grow then connoisseur . I thought that I damaged the roots when transplanting. The tiny plant kept falling over. I babied it, and now at day 43 (switching to 12/12 to force flower), she looks AWESOME. 30 inches tall, nugs everywhere... Looks like a damn bird with all those feathery pistils.

Is my most mature plant, and I planted eight different strains at the same time. I keep the light right on her, and she loves it.

hey whats up man,

I just purchased some NL seeds from Nirvanashould be comin any day now...can't wait: ) , however I got regular not feminized, im curious to see the difference in both outcomes..

Back
Top Bottom