Golden Goat

thegreengrocr

I smoked my first Golden Goat about 4-5 years ago. I am still smoking and growing it today.

Golden Goat

Lineage: Island Sweet Skunk x (Hawaiian x Romulan)

Type: Sativa-dominant hybrid

This is my go to Sativa. Flavor and effect are top notch. The flavor is a bit different but one can grow to love it.

Here are a few pics from my recent grow journal.

Early Geenhouse Grow

IMG_30428.JPG

IMG_20140521_080925_003.jpg

IMG_20140521_080711_897.jpg

IMG_20140521_080913_156.jpg

The center bud is the goat.
IMG_20140419_161841_908.jpg

IMG_20140417_165322_356.jpg

IMG_20140417_184952_292.jpg

Golden_Goat_left_side_3.jpg

Would love to get this strain one day :)

Self it or backross it to Island Sweet Skunk, man. I'll take these seeds :)

She is doing very well. Her sister moved in over the weekend. I will give here some exposure here too. Same vintage she just stayed indoors 5 weeks longer.

Both sisters gave up 4 clones each last night also.

Golden_goat2.jpg

Well here she is. The past week or so she has just exploded.

She was transplanted from a 7 gallon to a 15 gallon 2 weeks ago. I did lighten up on the soil nutrients this time. Very little worm castings and augments. Mixed the vermafire with some mild compost and regular old topsoil. Wanted to keep the nitrogen low. Maybe I shoulda gone even weaker.

I did a 2-3 day flush with H20 because of the deep green color of the leaves. Too much nitrogen is my guess.

Dropping the Growology #2 down to 60% for the next few weeks until flowering starts and we switch to the #3.

Golden_Goat_11.jpg
Golden_Goat_21.jpg

So what keeps a strain in the "clone only" window.

I am running a colloidal silver project with my goat now in hopes of maintaining the current strain properties with seeds. Will be taking it to an F4 level if all goes well.

Good decision :thumb:

Mama's are doing well and the babies have new legs.

Golden_Goat_22.jpg
Golden_Goat_12.jpg

Put the clones in soil a week ago in 4" peat post. Roots are starting to pop through. I will transplant into 1 gallon smart pots then into the closet for 2 weeks of veg then 12/12.

Hope she flowers soon. Growth the past 2 weeks has been great. I let the last ones go a bit over 10 weeks and I think it was a perfect season. The greenhouse will protect her but I might need some heat for the last couple of weeks.

Going to Hawaii the second week of October. Bad timing. Would prefer to have her hanging first.

Irie genetics has reversed a golden goat clone and produced commercial seeds, according to seedfinder.

How tall do these plants get? Have you ever grown one indoors? I like what you have told us about the strain. Especially that left hook that hits you before your first exhale :)

Back
Top Bottom