Green Crack - Humboldt Seed Organization

Name: Green Crack (Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 x unknown pure indica, possibly Afghan Kush or Maple Leaf Indica)
Breeder: Humboldt Seed Organization
Grown from: Feminized seed (S1)
Grown how: Outdoor organically / LST all the way / Air-pot
Latitude: 45° N
Harvested: 1st July with around 20-30% amber trichs

I successfully germinated a very large blackish seed in the beginning of April, vegged it for around 5 weeks exclusively outdoor, and then started forced flowering. It took 17 days for flower formation to start, and the plant stretched very little in this time keeping extremely tight internodal distance (famous 75% indica pheno?) in spite of sun temps stretching to 110°F. Direct sunlight exposure was 7,5 hrs a day max with some cloudy days, but 4-5 full ones at best. Green Crack was chopped exactly after 33 days of flowering with dying pistils and amber trichs sprinkling up from everywhere, changing their shape into diamond one.

Pest problems were minimal, some tiny thrips fund their way into GC as well as into Cotton Candy growing near, but their population was downsized siginificantly with flowering. I didn't really get around to weigh my buds, but it wouldn't be more than 15-20 gs. Yeah, GC wasn't big producer, but it really blew my mind when I smoked handmade hash few days after I chopped it.

After 4 medium tokes from my bong I tried to take a bath in the swimming pool, but somehow couldn't do it as my mind was so high that I barely knew where I was. It's pretty potent guys. My high hit 3 hours for sure and maybe more, and really just after you stop being totally f...d up after about an hour, suddenly there's this gentle sativa happy side with a little bit of indica bottom, and it really gives you a swing up, even let you work if you have to. There's still some CBD though, cause my headache went away eventually, and I felt great.

But this is totally skunky stuff guys and I mean it, cause I smoked my youth through waves of skunk in the 90's. I had Skunk #1, Shiva Skunk, Super Skunk, and great Orange Bud. But this is really strong stuff and I'm smoking it many years later after I was flying gently away after two bong rips. Very stimulating and creative in the right dose though, so you need to find out for yourself where the border is.

This will surely get stronger with long curing as I started testing buds and hash pretty quickly, but yeah we're there. I'd recommend it to all fans of Skunk#1 hybrids, but definitely not recommend it to any indica lover as laying on the couch is very difficult after tokin' on Green Crack.

Smell in early/middle flowering: Floral, peppery
Smell in late flowering: Mango chutney - a mix of ripe mango, black pepper and sea water
Smell after drying and very shirt curing: Spicy pineapple marmalade and turpentine, but much more on the chemical side
Taste: Hashy (rather white pepper than black or peperoncino) with grapefruit notes and perfume type muskiness coming through all the way on the exhale
High: Cerebral and stimulating sativa, but with solid indica bottom that keeps it all together. But if smoked to much that might be a total disorientation and confusion in the first hour due to strongly apparent raciness (probably due to Mexican or Colombian genes coming through)
Rating: I really enjoy it, so solid A+ bud
Medicinal use: Also

My GC in early flowering
gc26.jpg
gcbud1.jpg
gcbud2.jpg

In late flowering
gc_pretrim1.jpg

gcbud_2.jpg

gcbud_5.jpg

Around harvest
gcharvest_10.jpg
gcharvest_11.jpg
gcharvest_4.jpg

Dried nugs
0031791.jpg
0071330.jpg
0091089.jpg
0081220.jpg
011857.jpg

Re: Green Crack (Humboldt Seed Organization)

Yeah, LST all the way. It resulted in a plant which was 3" high at the end of flowering :)

Nice! I was just looking into Sativa's and am going to get blue dream, but I was looking for a second one. I might have to go with it after this review!

This is not a pure sativa, man. But if you like racy, euphoric long-lasting, Green Crack is definitely for you!

Nice! I was just looking into Sativa's and am going to get blue dream, but I was looking for a second one. I might have to go with it after this review!

i love sativas as welll..if u want a good one get delahaze from paradise or super lemon haze from greenhouse..i know alot talk shit about greenhouse seeds but their super lemon haze is the funk..delahaze will produce monster yeilds as well

I have the pleasure to compare both Super Lemon Haze and Green Crack as I got SLH from my friend, and I like GC much more. Yes, there's slightly more sativa in SLH and it has stronger punch, but it doesn't get to the level of euphoria I experience after GC, it's also shorter-lasting. But it's a very good weed no doubt.

I have the pleasure to compare both Super Lemon Haze and Green Crack as I got SLH from my friend, and I like GC much more. Yes, there's slightly more sativa in SLH and it has stronger punch, but it doesn't get to the level of euphoria I experience after GC, it's also shorter-lasting. But it's a very good weed no doubt.

thanks for the info...i have been eyeing this one from HSO ever since i got their trainwreck and blue dream..i couldnt find anything online about personal grows and exp till i found this thread..you have definalty helped me decide whats going next year with my blue dream and trainwreck from hso..what is the yeild like u get from this one? those buds above surely look dank tho very impressed

Yeah, I have a Trainwreck going. They say it finishes often much quicker than the clone version, around late September.
What I got looks something like that now:

trw43.jpg

Green Crack gave me decent yield on the other hand, but I really cannot speak to that, cause it was a bonsai grow :)

Yeah, I have a Trainwreck going. They say it finishes often much quicker than the clone version, around late September.
What I got looks something like that now:

trw43.jpg

Green Crack gave me decent yield on the other hand, but I really cannot speak to that, cause it was a bonsai grow :)
looking good..ya the bonsi grow was fat compared to the height of it..i can only imagine what it will do when i only top it once and let it reach for the stars lol..i already ordered me 2 of these and got a few from female seeds as well..damn it i just wish i could grow 1 of everthing on herbies except autos lol i will be 90 yr old cruiseing my patch on a segway

well conradino i ordered me some greencrack,lemon thai and more blue dream to go along with their trainwreck..i wont get to test it till next year bc im only outdoor grower but i'll keep u up to date with it when i start..hopefully mine will look like urs! when i look at urs i find myself leaning closer and closer to the screen as if i can smell that dank lol

Conradino, hello thank for the GC review and post. Appears, from my readings, you're the Sativa guy! I know GC is a hybrid. I have a bean that was gifted to me by a buddy. Every seed i have received from him has held true, besides a NYCD that hermied. Would you mind taking a gander at my GC or what i was told is GC, and see if it resembles yours? It's only been in flower for 12 days now, pistils showed two days ago. Much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Stay Frosty,
CanEye

I'll take a look sure.

Green Crack is a clone only strain. Its was created in Athens Ohio decades ago. Any seed version is a recreation or force hermed to copy the strain. I'm sure after all these years seed company's have got it down. But none of them are TRUE Clone Only Green Crack. Many many people here in the Midwest have the real strain as well as all across the country and overseas. Its out there if you know where to look. Seed versions are prone to turning hermaphrodite because the herm geans are in it no mater how you look at it unless it was totally recreated using the same strains crossed to try and copy. This is next to impossible.

And nobody says they are. With S1 you get what you get, but it's good enough most of the time.

Sent from my SM-T335 using 420

I surely hope mine is GC appears some have issue with what's supposed to be "clone only" cuts being in bean form now. Question. IF I had a true cut/clone of Green Crack, cloned it,then pollinated said clone with it's sister. Would i not then have Green Crack beans from the true genetics? I know i know there will be different expressions depending on the "cut" I get. Lol regardless, i'm cloning this and selfing it...

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

I surely hope mine is GC appears some have issue with what's supposed to be "clone only" cuts being in bean form now. Question. IF I had a true cut/clone of Green Crack, cloned it,then pollinated said clone with it's sister. Would i not then have Green Crack beans from the true genetics? I know i know there will be different expressions depending on the "cut" I get. Lol regardless, i'm cloning this and selfing it...

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus[/QUOT

Not sure your gonna have much luck pollinating a clone with a sister.lol Now like I mentioned above you could take a clone and force herm it. Then pollinate itself and other clones with the hermaphrodite. Then like mentioned above you get what you get as for pheno types. Them seeds will all be female (only female genetics because no male was involved) with the chance of being hermaphrodite because that herm chromosome is right next to the female chromosome. Gotta keep a very close eye on them because if you're indoors and they start throwing male pods without you noticing your whole room is screwed. Best to grow them out outdoors if possible. That way if you don't catch the herms it won't knock up all the other planets not being in a confined room with fans blowing around. I always use hermaphrodite seeds for my outdoor grows. I haven't had a male plant outdoors in over 10 years.;)

Back
Top Bottom