Blue Dream

David Bowman

I recently purchased an eighth ounce each of four different sativa-dominant strains of cannabis. I will be posting consecutive reviews of each strain over the next month or so. One of the strains I chose was Blue Dream and is the third strain to be reviewed.

The aroma is quite earthy and rich. It is a sweeter aroma than Golden Goat and Sour Diesel-1 which had more of an astringent/citrusy note. It has a "standard" taste profile with no outstanding attributes and is very smooth when vaped.

The initial hit is fast, within 10-15 minutes, and strong and is pretty equal in both head and body effect. About 20-30 minutes after the first hit, my heart started to race a little and you can definitely feel the physical effects on the body for a while. Afterwards, it calms down a bit and lasts for a shorter time than the other sativa dominant strains I've tried. There were some munchies with this one which leads me to believe that this strain has a higher percentage of indica than the other strains I've reviewed. It is a very pleasant, intense, short lasting (1-2 hours maximum) high that is good towards the latter part of the day.

This being the third of four strains that I will be reviewing, I have to say this strain is my least favorite so far. I've got one more strain to review and I'm, hopefully, saving the best for last.

Would you say these are the traits of all blue dreams, or is it dispensary specific? I've heard mixed reviews of how dispensaries quality can vary, so didn't know if it was the strain letting you down or their grow and cure method

Good question Peyton! Having never tried Blue Dream before, and I was most interested in this strain based on what I read, I cannot say how it compares to other dispensaries. Although that is a good idea for my next round, to try the same strains from different dispensaries. This was the first strain from this particular dispensary that I have had a chance to sample. The other strain, Tuffalo Durban, should help determine if the dispensary is to blame since it won best tested sativa in the Hemp Connoisseur. If it doesn't knock my socks off, then either I received a bad batch or the dispensary is not living up to their hype.

Hi CO,

Blue Dream excels when its harvested when the trich's are clear and milky. When a high peaks and tapers off quicker than norm it just needed to get a little cbd going to make it last long. Grown correctly Blue Dream is my go to daytime oil med mixed with high cbd strain. Although the true genetics is a 50/50 strain when harvest at peak THC its a racehorse. A little before mid-term tones it down a tad. Like all reviews it depends on how it was grown no matter what strain. Blue Dream is one of those strains that make an exceptional concentrate, just a good mood daytime med that does its job very well indeed. I've gone through a lot of strains and as mentioned grown correctly this is still one of my favs. Hearty with decent yields and if cured properly is off the shelf for vaping and flavor. I get munchies when I vape anything of course Indica more so. Funny, the cut I grew was more like a 70/30 sativa dominant. Just the short 2 hour high you mentioned sounds like it was at peak thc instead of mid term to late term. Guess what makes growing your own so lucrative and satisfying.

I recently purchased an eighth ounce each of four different sativa-dominant strains of cannabis. I will be posting consecutive reviews of each strain over the next month or so. One of the strains I chose was Blue Dream and is the third strain to be reviewed.

The aroma is quite earthy and rich. It is a sweeter aroma than Golden Goat and Sour Diesel-1 which had more of an astringent/citrusy note. It has a "standard" taste profile with no outstanding attributes and is very smooth when vaped.

The initial hit is fast, within 10-15 minutes, and strong and is pretty equal in both head and body effect. About 20-30 minutes after the first hit, my heart started to race a little and you can definitely feel the physical effects on the body for a while. Afterwards, it calms down a bit and lasts for a shorter time than the other sativa dominant strains I've tried. There were some munchies with this one which leads me to believe that this strain has a higher percentage of indica than the other strains I've reviewed. It is a very pleasant, intense, short lasting (1-2 hours maximum) high that is good towards the latter part of the day.

This being the third of four strains that I will be reviewing, I have to say this strain is my least favorite so far. I've got one more strain to review and I'm, hopefully, saving the best for last.

Great review buddy, the way you described the initial hit, was like I myself was taking back a nice blast!!
Good Job...

All strains are welcomed, purchased, home grown, or gifted :)

Indeed, these are great. I assume if I grow a strain I can review that as well? Said another way - these strain reviews aren't just for purchased end product are they?

Indeed, these are great. I assume if I grow a strain I can review that as well? Said another way - these strain reviews aren't just for purchased end product are they?

As 420 Motoco said any strain reviews are welcome. Personally, I've reviewed 5 purchased strains and 2 home grown strains with a third soon to be reviewed once my current grow has been harvested, dried and cured for a while.

I only consumed it and did not grow it. I would search for Blue Dream journals under Journals In Progress to see what other growers of Blue Dream have experienced. You can also start your own journal where questions you have and/or problems you experience can be address by the other members of :420:.

BLue dream is my all time favorite strain, major head buzz, when you get the best of the best stuff it smells like straight fruit loops and skittles. no joke. its amazing. the Clarity that the high provides as well as the energetic boost makes it my all time favorite..... WOO blue dream!

im very surprised by your results. (minus the short lasting high it IS very short) i have never had munchie problems with it personally, or couch lock. though i HAVE had many people try to tell me something is blue dream, when i can tell just by looking at its coloration it is NOT. it will have a greyish blue hint to its normal green qualities. (faint) but it is there. Not saying what you had wasnt blue dream, but i would def get the sativa dominant 70/30 instead of the 50/50 that goes around. :)

Back
Top Bottom