Maui Wowie

greenlungs420

CAM04157.jpg
Aint got to go back to Honolulu for this one kid kudi,
Really dense and frosty nugs. I love the bright green and orange colors.
Tastes realy tropical and citrusy.
The high is a nice sativa uplifting high, sorta reminds me of blue dream without the come down and lasts bout 30 mminutes

Great Stuff if the original, tho many fakes abound in Europe if its from Ha, then it should be the real deal!

My girlfriend in Colorado grew Maui Waui and Afghan Kush. One of the AK's was male, and pollinated the Maui. She gave me a big bag (several ounces) of the Maui and a smaller bag of Afghan. Full of seeds. I liked both strains a lot (well I like all pot...)

I planted the seeds (which are the "offspring" of the two) this year. I read it is called Af-Goo (Af-Gooey) and it's across between the Indica and Sativa strains: the perfect mix!

I have several (like 12) big (like 7-10') plants outside, huge and green and bushy. Several plants split down the trunk, but the branches thrive, and made more tops. I'm expecting at least ten pounds... ( a pound a plant conservatively.. but I don't know. I haven't done much to them, every end has at least a nug on it)

I have occasionally pulled a few smaller flowers off the plant that flowered first, and even immature and quick-dried, it's a good high. Looking forward to harvest. That'll be a few day affair I think, grooming and cutting and trimming and hanging every usable piece, I'll probaby do a plant ot two a day until it's all put up.

In the meantime, I ordered a bubble has bag set which will be arriving Tuesday, and plan to make some hash from the trimmings. No waste, I only want to do this once. Future grows will be smaller, indoors... I had no idea they would grown to be way over the fence, taller than some mature plants in the yard. The soil here is like Chernobyl weird... even my carrots are freakishly large. I tried to grow pot before, when I lived in California, but never got them to be taller than like 6-8" efore they'd turn yellow and keel over (over loved them I think) so I wasn't expecting giant bushy healthy plants.

The problem is... is the strain that each has from the original line? I have smoked alleged Maui Wowie 4 or 5 times since my friend's parents grew it in their Southern Michigan garden [from seed from their daughter in Hawaii] in the 70's. Not once has it been the same. It's been hybridized to death. Not that I'm complaining. I am just putting my experienced Maui Wowie taste buds out there for all the world to see. I have not had any original Maui Wowie since the early to mid-80's.
I would like to add that micro-nutrients are a key factor in flavor. Soil is a key factor. Environment is a key factor. As an example: A tomato grown in Southern Michigan can taste totally different than a tomato grown in the Napa Valley. Sometimes it takes a couple years for plants from California to acclimate to a Michigan climate. Sometimes early fruit tastes better than late fruit. Sometimes the other way around. Again, there are numerous factors that make all the difference in the world. Do you grow indoors, or out? We always grew outdoors. And we never fed our plants [unless we noticed a deficiency]. We amended the soil beforehand.... if ever. Choice of soil is paramount having a good crop.

Back
Top Bottom