The Best Sativa Strain

Colombian Gold aka Santa Marta Gold, Highland Thai, Island Thai, Nepalese Highland, Colombian Red, Durban Poison, Malawi Gold, Oaxacan, Michoacan, Congolese, Kerala, Panama Red, Lambsbread, Bangi Haze, Guatemalan, Destroyer, Queen Mother these are all PURE SATIVAS if you're seriously into the subject of growing one.

Colombian Gold, or anything from south America yeah..but for a total sativa death its gotta be this: Nanan-Bouclou

As Sativa as it gets.

Seriously acid trippy profoundness to the high with a sweet aromatic taste.

The motherplant is Haitian Sativa and its father is a Cape Tribulation Sativa ( which is PNG Gold).

Needless to say, it wants to get big. Indoors will require tipping and or LSTing to keep it within a manageable size.

Outdoor will be easily 3-5 metres. Flowering is long too. Classic 13-17 weeks. Closer to 15 weeks properly.

The high is profound and very trippy, is creepy in onset and rushes hard from there to a limitless ceiling.

Grow Environment : Outdoor Tropical only, or at the very least in a grow envionment long mild Autumn.

Have been seeing this grown with success indoors too which is pleasantly suprising.

Flowering Time: 13-17 weeks.

not for the noob or th even the most egoist of growers.. but is a very loooong! grow and totally worth it

Alaskan Thunder Fuck, also called Matanuska Thunder Fuck, is most excellent. The true strain can be hard to find, but not impossible. Beware that there are some seed companies (I can't remember the companies name) that sell a Northern Lights based strain that they call Matanuska Valley Thunder Fuck, it is not bad, but it is no where near the real deal...in my humble opinion. Landrace Columbian Gold is also an old favorite.

My personal favorite is Michoacan, difficult to grow indoors but I finally had success with a great amount of LST and topping. Cheech and Chong brought it to my attention and they were right!

JB

So you guys you think that these are actually 100% sativa? From what i heard and from what i see 100% sativa landrace no longer exist. It got mixed up breed after breed. Dr grinspoon seems to be close enough cause is got that pop corn bud, cause landrace sativa actually does not comes in compact buds.

I'd correct it and say that some landraces do not longer exist, and they're mostly Colombian, Jamaican and Mexican landraces, greatly appreciated Acapulco Gold, Oaxaca, Michoacan, Colombian Gold, Colombian Punto Roja, Guerrero, Lambsbread. Yeah these were hybridized by cartels, by influx of Dutch genetics, and by pollination from other imported landraces. Still, some of these carry the legendary genes, just in slightly different forms. But then there are other ones that are pretty amazing, and I've grown some myself :thumb:

Nanda Devi from northern India:

nandadevi1.jpg
nandadevi10.jpg
nandadevi6.jpg
nandabud8.jpg
nandabud7.jpg
nandabud2.jpg

Malawi Gold, famous psychedelic sativa from Malawi:

mal26.jpg
mal45.jpg
mal62.jpg
malawi_gold4.jpg
malawi_gold11.jpg
malawi_gold12.jpg

Or Jarilla de Sinaloa from Mexico:

0052059.jpg
0121008.jpg
0042187.jpg
015755.jpg
016701.jpg
017629.jpg

To address your other question, yep they have fluffy buds. Worth every effort though cause it's something completely different :smokin:

I'm pretty sure landrace Thai is still very much a reality. I spent years there and the grows were extremely low tech and wild affairs. They were doing it the way they'd always done it there - few westerners had ever been in the general area let alone out where they grew the herb. It was hard to imagine that the strains I saw had been compromised in any way. The buds produced were usually full of seed, the smoke varied from mild, to knock you on your ass hallucinogenic. The Mama Thai I'm growing is my favorite of my current strains, but doesn't come close to some of what I smoked in Thailand.
I'm going to start shopping for some more sativas now. Got a Thai Stick seedling going as well.
Thanks for all the ideas folks :thumb:
Conradino -those are beautiful! Any tips on where I could locate and buy any favorite sativas of your choice? I'll take your word for it and order some up. I thought that Ace seeds had Malawi Gold, but now I see I was mistaken

Hey man! It pretty much boils down to just few seedbanks now: Cannabiogen, Ace, Real Seed Company, and Seeds of Africa. My Malawi Gold seeds were from Seeds of Africa, and the plant is genuine. Strong, zippy, disorientating, euphoric high, which is almost scary when you smoke by yourself, but great social smoke, you laugh your ass off :tokin:

Ah yeah I'd almost forget :tokin: There's also Gage Green, but I don't know how legit they are with their Colombian Black and Colombian Gold.

Guys, get here and write anything that comes to your mind! We need this :tokin:

Land Race genetics?

I think that Y Griega from Medical Seeds is one of the best sativas that I have grown. It takes 12-14 weeks of flower. A cross between Amnesia and Kali Mist It is not a landrace but it is pure sativa and incredibly potent.

My personal favorite is the Malawi Gold. I was able to obtain some MG seeds from Seeds of Africa. It is another 12-14 week strain and probably the best sativa I have ever smoked. I bred the Malawi Gold and now have several lifetimes worth of their seeds. I also crossed it with the Y Griega which I call Griego del Oro. I am currently working on stabilizing this but it takes a while. There have been two distinct phenos so far both have been pretty good. I have a Malawi Gold X Columbian Gold currently in flower but I don't know how long she will take. Jeez sorry about the blather...been smoking sativa all aftrernoon and I get to blabbing

Back
Top Bottom