Iced Grapefruit

ConstantGreen

igf.png

Appearance: 8/10
Looks like a brisk spring morning - Veins of orange hairs weaving through mounds of green covered with tons of icy trichomes.
Very dense, consistent nugs. The colas weigh 2-4 grams each and rattle around the jar like rocks.
There is an accent of reddish purple in some of the colas that got the most light. Extreme beauty, much wow.

Smell: 9/10
The nugs don't give off much scent alone, but when squeezed they erupt a very fruity, sugary candy fragrance with a lingering diesel background. You can take deep, long whiffs and the smell continues to spiral.
When ground up, the scent becomes very strong and smells like grape bubblegum fuel.
When vaporized, it smells like thanksgiving turkey! The fruity tones quiet down to a lemony citrus, and the fuel smell sharpens into black pepper. The roasted herb gives it all a fresh cooked turkey aroma.
The vapor is smooth and hits easily. It unfolds in the back of the throat and rises narrowly, forming an upward triangle in the nose.
The smell is probably my favorite thing about this strain; it's almost too good to smoke. I've already set some aside that I will forever keep for scentimental value.

Effects: 8/10
The high comes on quickly and smoothly. Within minutes my muscles feel calm, my neck and head are lightly tingling. Some friends said this is one of the few strains that actually gave them a 'buzz'.
It's a warm, pleasant feeling in my upper torso, neck, face, head. Very clear and calming mindset.
Good for daytime use - I can still think clearly, socialize and function physically. Makes you want to be active playing a game or doing a task.
The high lasts about 2.5 hours and the body load increases over the duration. The tingling spreads throughout my body, relaxing my muscles and soothing my aches.
The second half of the high is great for napping, eating, daydreaming, movies, video games, and any other relaxing activity.
Overall, a great hybrid of effects. I'm not a doc but I think it has strong medicinal potential.

Breeder: 9/10
FemaleSeeds.nl offers some of the cheapest strains of any international breeder I looked at. My seeds were $5 each which I felt was fair. They were shipped in discreet packaging and arrived within 5 days. The flowering time they prescribed, 56 days, was exact. The rest of their description was also pretty accurate. Their website is easy to navigate and use. They were quick and helpful with answering email questions. I don't feel like they have a very large selection of strains though and they haven't tested the cannabinoid levels of their strains.

Growing: 9/10
I would say this is a newb-friendly strain. All of my seeds germinated into very vigorous plants with few phenotypes. And most importantly, all female.
The plants loved LED light and grew short with tight nodes. They grew well in soil with just one nutrient mix (Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice) supplemented with CalMag.
Yield was beyond my expectations - about .75g per watt in a square meter tent. (420 grams)
This is the first strain I have ever grown so I may be biased on everything but I feel like it turned out extremely well. I recommend more people try Iced Grapefruit, I'm definitely going to grow it again someday.

Click here to go to the grow journal!

timelapse1.gif

IMG_69378.JPG

IMG_107428.JPG

Ive been tempted to grow these before but unsure due to issues (hermaphrodites) with other seeds from the female seeds.
Now ive seen yours I defo wanna grow this one though...wow :goodjob:

Thanks man! I'm actually struggling with one of their other strains currently, WWxBB. One of the phenos apparently self pollinates toward the end of flowering, but really it starts changing by like week 3. Super annoying and I'm not sure if I'll continue with female seeds.

But Iced Grapefruit was much, much more consistent and easy to grow compared to the WWxBB. In an email they said Iced Grapefruit is one of their better, more stable strains. Along with c99 and plain grapefruit.

Thats the reason I havent grown one of theirs for a long time...i started off with theirs too - jack here x neville haze and grapefruit. They were awesome but when i went back and did WWxBB it was terrible for hermie and the smoke wasnt all that either.
Ive been growing Serious Seeds strains ever since and they are the best feminised seeds ive ever had...at least for not wanting to shag themselves. Chronic/Double Dutch/Warlock/Kali Mist/AK47/Happiness...great seeds

does anyone know if any other breeder or banks are trying to breed this strain? the hermieing tendency of product from Female Seeds worries me.

does anyone know if any other breeder or banks are trying to breed this strain? the hermieing tendency of product from Female Seeds worries me.

I had very good luck with my Iced Grapefruit seeds from them. All 10 of them germinated and grew into healthy females. They have a 99.99% female guarantee. But I know what you mean... the only other strain I got from them, White Widow x Big Bud, did have 1 hermie out of 8 plants. Was enough to stop buying from them for me. I'm currently growing Super Iced Grapefruit from female-seeds.uk, and I think they used femaleseeds.nl's base iced grapefruit strain. Not sure if they're the same company but no hermies with Super Iced Grapefruit yet.

thanks a lot, man! good info.

I had very good luck with my Iced Grapefruit seeds from them. All 10 of them germinated and grew into healthy females. They have a 99.99% female guarantee. But I know what you mean... the only other strain I got from them, White Widow x Big Bud, did have 1 hermie out of 8 plants. Was enough to stop buying from them for me. I'm currently growing Super Iced Grapefruit from female-seeds.uk, and I think they used femaleseeds.nl's base iced grapefruit strain. Not sure if they're the same company but no hermies with Super Iced Grapefruit yet.

Thank you. My plants are spoiled lol but yeah that's pretty normal for that to happen towards the end especially with certain strains or phenos. I like how the pheno you got looks. Yours has nice colors and very large tops. And regardless of a couple dead fan leaves it looks like you came out with some supreme nugs and a great yeild.

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.

igf.png

Appearance: 8/10
Looks like a brisk spring morning - Veins of orange hairs weaving through mounds of green covered with tons of icy trichomes.
Very dense, consistent nugs. The colas weigh 2-4 grams each and rattle around the jar like rocks.
There is an accent of reddish purple in some of the colas that got the most light. Extreme beauty, much wow.

Smell: 9/10
The nugs don't give off much scent alone, but when squeezed they erupt a very fruity, sugary candy fragrance with a lingering diesel background. You can take deep, long whiffs and the smell continues to spiral.
When ground up, the scent becomes very strong and smells like grape bubblegum fuel.
When vaporized, it smells like thanksgiving turkey! The fruity tones quiet down to a lemony citrus, and the fuel smell sharpens into black pepper. The roasted herb gives it all a fresh cooked turkey aroma.
The vapor is smooth and hits easily. It unfolds in the back of the throat and rises narrowly, forming an upward triangle in the nose.
The smell is probably my favorite thing about this strain; it's almost too good to smoke. I've already set some aside that I will forever keep for scentimental value.

Effects: 8/10
The high comes on quickly and smoothly. Within minutes my muscles feel calm, my neck and head are lightly tingling. Some friends said this is one of the few strains that actually gave them a 'buzz'.
It's a warm, pleasant feeling in my upper torso, neck, face, head. Very clear and calming mindset.
Good for daytime use - I can still think clearly, socialize and function physically. Makes you want to be active playing a game or doing a task.
The high lasts about 2.5 hours and the body load increases over the duration. The tingling spreads throughout my body, relaxing my muscles and soothing my aches.
The second half of the high is great for napping, eating, daydreaming, movies, video games, and any other relaxing activity.
Overall, a great hybrid of effects. I'm not a doc but I think it has strong medicinal potential.

Breeder: 9/10
FemaleSeeds.nl offers some of the cheapest strains of any international breeder I looked at. My seeds were $5 each which I felt was fair. They were shipped in discreet packaging and arrived within 5 days. The flowering time they prescribed, 56 days, was exact. The rest of their description was also pretty accurate. Their website is easy to navigate and use. They were quick and helpful with answering email questions. I don't feel like they have a very large selection of strains though and they haven't tested the cannabinoid levels of their strains.

Growing: 9/10
I would say this is a newb-friendly strain. All of my seeds germinated into very vigorous plants with few phenotypes. And most importantly, all female.
The plants loved LED light and grew short with tight nodes. They grew well in soil with just one nutrient mix (Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice) supplemented with CalMag.
Yield was beyond my expectations - about .75g per watt in a square meter tent. (420 grams)
This is the first strain I have ever grown so I may be biased on everything but I feel like it turned out extremely well. I recommend more people try Iced Grapefruit, I'm definitely going to grow it again someday.

Click here to go to the grow journal!

timelapse1.gif

IMG_69378.JPG

IMG_107428.JPG
Very good and detailed review. I'm growing some now and cannot wait. I've bought this and Lemon Kush from Female seeds. I really like the company. Every seed they ever sold me germinated. They don't have a lot of strains, true. But what they do they seem to do extremely well.

Back
Top Bottom