GASAN

420 Member
Strain Name - White Widow
From - 420 Amsterdam
When - 10/15
Price - 35.00 per seed 10 for 85.00 plus 10!!!!! Great deal.
Type - Indica dominant
Appearance -pale green/blue with beautiful sugary appearance at bud maturation.
Smell - Very intense slight citrus/hint of pepper
Taste -Smooth, clean and slightly citrusy.
Type of Buzz - Is it cerebral and offers a long lasting intense couple of hours of incredible productivity and clarity of thought. Provides relaxed but intense buzz with anxiety and pain relief.
Length of Buzz - 1 solid hit lasted 2 hours. Buzz hits after about 3-5 minutes and grows more intense over the next half hour or so. Sustained productive/pain/anxiety relief lasted at least 2 hours and more with more than one hit. You don't need much of the Widow to achieve a nice state of mind.
IMG_75775.jpg
IMG_78103.jpg
IMG_79083.jpg

Best Medicinal Use - pain relief, anti-anxiety, insomnia.
Overall -This is an amazing buzz. Shared these buds with friends and family and all experienced the greatness of White Widow. It is definitely living up to its reputation of being a favored strain world wide. No negatives noted at all. The level of productivity and creativity is extraordinary. White Widow may help bring about world peace at some point. It really is that great. *note-this was my very first grow(hydro-I did a journal for those interested in how it went) and it was well worth the effort. Plants do require love and attendance to PH balances regularly but so worth the effort! Enjoy! :Namaste:

Thanks! Glad you found it helpful. Are you growing hydro or soil? I tried soil first buy WAY too much to deal with for me and the harvest is a little further away when you are growing in soil. Regardless, you will be rewarded for your hard work. I'm about to harvest my 3rd! grow. I've grown 4 different strains so far-Dieselicious, Diesel Cheese Candy, WW and Kera White Thunder. Always go back to WW as my favorite although the Dieselicious is pretty good too. Need to do strain review for that one. A little bit of couch lock experienced with Dieselicious but it's still a good bet for yield(solid and heavy buds) and staying power. A solid hour and half to 2 buzz from one solid hit. Haven't harvest the DCC or KWT. Will post review as soon as I can. The biggest thing I learned so far was that less is more when it comes to adding nutrients and patiences is indeed a virtue! Happy Growing!

I'm growing in soil right now. I've been a bit dismayed as the seedlings just don't seem to be growing. I"m at about day 12/13 and they're still just sporting their first true set of leaves. Second set is peaking through but very little changes from day to day. I have them currently under a 125w Agribrite 65k - only about 3" away from the light. I am wondering if I should put them under the Viparspectra V450 yet. I don't believe it's my water - it's RO and sits at 6.37ph and only 27 ppm. Might be the soil - just regular potting soil, nothing special here. But I see other grow journals and the seedlings explode almost daily and mine just site there - happy, mind you, but not growing so much. Using CKS WW Feminized.

Best to you Gasan!

Not an expert-just want to make sure you know that but I've tried soil and hydro imho, hydro grow is the only way to grow. I ended up having pest problems, ph issues and general frustration with soil. My first really productive grow is the one I count as my "first" and that was hydro. Your ph and temps/humidity levels are where they need to be. I bought a grow box for my first and then I built my own patterned after what I had purchased ready made. So now I have 2! grow boxes for hydro. I found I could easily check the health of my plants with hydro(you can SEE the roots!). I also found it easier to manage ph with hydro vs. soil. I also used regular potting soil but after doing lots of research I was finding a million reasons to grow hydro and few to grow in soil. I won't do soil again. It's just messier in my opinion and even though I have a contained grow room I still had insect issues with soil. Some of resources I read indicated that you can inadvertenly import pests in the soil right out of the bag. So for me, hydro only. WW proved to be a little finicky when it came to nutrients. Experienced a little leaf burn due to overloading nutes-(mind you I followed the directions of 1-1 ratios and still had issues.) I focused on ph control and found the sweet spot for the strain. WW takes a little longer for good results. Veg time for me is still around 2-3 weeks of managed growth before I switch to 12/12 and nutrient adjustment for flowering stage. If you don't already have one, invest in a decent jeweler's loupe. You will need that to monitor the trichs as you approach final maturation before harvest. Amazon has them. Also, if you decide to take the hydro plunge-I'd be happy to share my home made plans. Built a good sized roomy box with items you can pick up at your local hardware store and pet store.(Fish tank aerators for bubblers) Total cost using a recycled old kitchen cabinet was under 100 bucks for build materials, lights, timers and bascially everything you need to hydro. I use General Hydroponics Flora Micro/Flora Grow/Flora Bloom. Easy to use and works very well in my set up. One thing I've noticed about WW, it is slightly slower growing than other strains I've tried. Also, you may want to check out SCROG techniques-works very well with the Widow. My first attempt was down right embarrassing but I've gotten to be really good at it after practice-zip ties and patience make for a bountiful crop. :cheer: Here is the gallery link that has some pix of my home made box in active use! Hope you find them useful. My second grow - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Great info Gasan - Thank you. My intentions were definitely to eventually look into a hydro setup but I though soil would be easier to begin with and more forgiving. Here are some pix of my babies so far. 14 days since they popped through the soil. They just don't look like they are progressing as I anticipated. What do you think of them at 14 days?

full

full

Just tried some of the white widow shatter the other day. it has that same great taste but 10x. Your right on point with the citrus scent, the white widow shatter left me craving more and more until I was dabbed out on the couch.

Great info Gasan - Thank you. My intentions were definitely to eventually look into a hydro setup but I though soil would be easier to begin with and more forgiving. Here are some pix of my babies so far. 14 days since they popped through the soil. They just don't look like they are progressing as I anticipated. What do you think of them at 14 days?

I've been using CFL only because of the expense involved in investing in LED. So I've not tried LED but from what I've read, there are distinct advantages to LED. Also, if you are not already doing this, keep a journal. Even if you don't intend to ever publish your journal, you'll want to keep track of what worked well and what didn't. Track all changes, daily ph, etc. Your plants look healthy from what I can see. Are they sprouting 3rd set of leaves yet? I veg my WW for approx. 3 weeks in hydro. And I SCROG WW because I have a compact growing area(box) It's worked well for me. Flower 8-10 weeks. Be patient. Use that jeweler's loupe to watch your trichs. It will look like sugar all over the place and it's amazing. It has a very strong scent during flowering so be ready to address that. Most important thing: LESS is MORE. with nutrients. Don't know if your soil was pre fertilized so be careful not to overfeed. My girls did NOT like too much of anything. Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Don't get discouraged-my first grow was a real learning experience but well worth the time and effort. Cheers! :volcano-smiley:

Hi everybody! I been growing inside and outside for 46 years. I have grown hydro and soilless/compost mixes, MH/HPS, Led (early), and T5 FL . All have been successful for me, but with some differences. Hydro and LED.>300 watts or >600MH/HPS is more expensive to set up and grow rather than Soilless mix/compost and T5FL >320 watts. Hydro and MH/HPS together has given me superb results with optimum quality , good bud size and coverage of more plants (using auto flowers or regular seeds/Feminized seeds) as compared to the other systems. My early edition LED gave good results with hydro as well but less coverage/plants, slightly smaller total bud yield. T5's of 320 watts total (6 bulbs 55 watts each) with soilless mix/compost only(no Hydro set up) has given acceptable results, slightly less bud yield/size of auto flowers as compared to auto flowers grown with other systems.(I have grown only auto flowers under the T5's) All have produced excellent quality buds, with a slight edge to the MH/HPS Hydro or compost setups and better total yield as well. I have had only a little to no difference with auto flowering plants grown under any of the light set ups, as related to using hydro or soilless mix/compost in geotextile grow bags. The lights made more difference than the grow media. The one exception is a slight edge to the MH/HPS and hydro in most respects, for me. However the cost to set up and grow is higher, and it is more complicated as compared to using compost, sphagnum moss, vermiculite and perlite. I also add a bit of dolomite and water the plants a few times with Fish emulsion and Sea Com Kelp extract to provide any missing micro nutrients/enzymes. The well made compost generously used, acts as a natural ph buffer and testing is not necessary! Large frosted buds are produced this way with the equivalent light set up making the only variation in crop size and quality. The newer Leds may be of better quality now and provide better results than I experience. Hydro is a very effective way to grow high quality plants with any adequate light system. So is organic Compost/soilless mixes in grow bags! The biggest advantage of the compost method is lower cost, less environmental footprint( no pumps, less plastic, fewer commercial product inputs) lower cost, simplicity and less labor (if making the compost is not included!) I have what I need for nutrients but the fish emulsion/Sea Com on my farm! The hydro method after the equipment and inputs (nutrients/chemicals, power for the pump) is more costly but the results can be uniform and robust. The slight edge on quality with some cultivars at least! I have also grown nice crops in the past outdoors of landrace strains in native clay soils, amended with a little compost tilled in the top 4-6 inches. For the newby on a tight budget , the T5 set up with geotextile soil bags and a small $15 circulation fan, using homemade compost and soilless mixes can get acceptable results of good quality Cannabis (auto flowering plants) at a much less total expenditure. If you have the funds a MH/HPS is better and with a hydro set up it may be even better for most growers. Newer LEDs ditto! But organic compost methods can also produce excellent results in the hands of an experienced gardener ,With any adequate light system. Most people who do not get good results with organic compost soils are either over watering,(most Typical ) under watering or have a poor quality compost or mix in the wrong proportions of the compost, milled moss, vermiculite and perlite. It should be fairly light in weight, both drain well and retain adequate moisture OK (the compost helps regulate the release of moisture as well) There is more of a connection with natural enzymes and beneficial bacteria with soil mixes you nurture and tend year to year. I am not knocking the superb results from Hydroponics! For some, it's regimen of controlled additions/imputs helps them to achieve success that eludes them with the more natural ways. For others the need to have a stash of homegrown and the reality of few excess dollars to spend for a covert grow system may make less expensive set ups and fewer outside commercial inputs more attractive! I have never had bad Purple Kush grown with either method! I like my pot grown just like my chickens and sheep, naturally as much as possible! I can grow big meaty animals in a modern confinement barn or with a natural grazing /pasture approach. My animals are healthier and happier naturally raised and I think my weed is too!

Back
Top Bottom