Big Thumbs Up For Kaya Gold

SkyFire

Kaya Gold by Nirvana.
Genetics: The only thing advertised about KG's genetics, is that she is sativa dominant
Growth: Outdoor in ground, planting zone 5a Here is a link to my grow journal Kaya Gold & Wonder Woman - Outdoor Northern Climate
Cure: 6 days hanging, 23 days jarred
Tested with freshly cleaned Extreme Q heated for 10 minutes at 185C. Flower used for this report came from Kaya Gold #2.

Aesthetics: 7.5/10

I chose KG #2 because she produced the most dense, largest buds of all the plants. Visually Kaya Gold is browner and less frosty in appearance than what you see sold at the weed store, but do not let appearances fool you! She will kick your ass!

Smell: 5/10 Upon opening the jar, it smells like high octane fuel combined with light citrus fragrance. After a few moments, the citrus scent dissipates, leaving mostly the smell of fuel. Grinding the weed brings back the citrus aroma a little bit, but diesel is definitely the main odor for Kaya Gold. I don't like the smell of gasoline, hence it gets a ho hum score for scent.

Stickiness: 7.5/10 On the outside, the buds don't feel particularly sticky, but once I ground it for the vape, the stickiness came out.

Taste 4/10: Tastes like weed that was soaked in gas and mud. No sweet taste at all. At least I taste weed so I give it a 4.

Potency: 9.5/10
Though Kaya Gold is advertised as sativa dominant, this girl hits like a full on Indica. Halfway through my vape session (using a 9lb turkey oven bag), my lips are numb and so are my sore joints and muscle pain. When I was buying weed at the rec store, the potency would last 1 to 3 hours depending on the quality of the weed. With Kaya Gold, the potency lasts 4 to 5 hours, and has noticeable positive effects on both body and mind which I will cover more thoroughly in the next segment. This is by far the most potent weed I've used to date, surpassing my prior favorites Permafrost and Blue Dream.

The HIGH: 9.9/10

Nirvana describes Kaya Gold as having no medicinal qualities, but I could not disagree more! I suffer from regular muscle spasms in my neck, upper back and shoulders which seem to be getting worse as I age. I also get the worst period related cramps 10 days of the month. Many strains of weed I've tried are good at reducing stomach cramps, but KG is the only strain I've used that also reduces & relaxes skeletal muscle pain too. The pain relief quality is on par with a Vicodin 5/500 (but without the constipation, crankiness and itchy skin). Kaya Gold also provides much needed relief from the symptoms of PTSD. It is incredibly calming without being too sedating. It is sedating, but not to the point where I need a nap. I equate the anxiety relief to taking a .5mg xanax. I hope more people give this strain a try for its medicinal value because for me Kaya Gold has greatly improved my quality of life. As for recreational value, I can see it being helpful for those who suffer from social anxiety, but if you are planning an event that involves a lot of activity, it wouldn't be my go to. In fact, I don't recommend KG for daytime use. It doesn't put me to sleep, but it makes me mentally tranquil and all my muscles loose & relaxed. It's how I like to feel at the end of the day when all my chores are completed. If I could tweak it just a bit, I'd make it a little less sedating so I could use it earlier in the day. Other than that, the potency and high from this strain is damn near perfect! As with Wonder Woman, Kaya Gold does not give me cotton mouth or the munchies. At first I thought I was lucky to find the only two strains in the world that do not produce these side effects, but now I think it's more likely the environment and climate had something to do with it. I mean....what are the odds?

For my rough northern climate, Kaya Gold grew like a champ, finished on time, and produced 20X the amount of weed than my other grow Wonder Woman. Kaya Gold has earned a permanent home in my garden. I'm so impressed with the ease of grow, the harvest and the smoke, that next year I will double my plants from 5 to 10. Kaya Gold saved my first grow from being a shit experience and exceeded my expectations. Fan for life!

Back
Top Bottom