Strain Name - White Widow R
From - Robert Bergman
When - 8/16
Price - 3 seeds for $35
Type - 60 sativa 40 indica
Appearance - Green and orange hair
Smell - great. not as heavy as one would think
Taste - delicious in joints and the first green hit in bowl
Type of Buzz - more uppity than couch lock. my wife likes it.
Length of Buzz - awhile
Best Medicinal Use - do eventually get hungry, but not immediately
Overall -

For my first grow outside with soil, it went really good. It was a hearty strand that took abuse a few times. read my grow journal to learn more.

I have some of the feminized White Widow seeds from Bergman and honestly took growing 4-6 plants before getting the really good plant I'm currently cloning the crap out of, because I really like the genetic makeup of this strain and have created two mother plants to continue propagating this version of Bergman's Widow strain. I wish I could find some growers wanting some White Widow to grow on their own.

I have some of the feminized White Widow seeds from Bergman and honestly took growing 4-6 plants before getting the really good plant I'm currently cloning the crap out of, because I really like the genetic makeup of this strain and have created two mother plants to continue propagating this version of Bergman's Widow strain. I wish I could find some growers wanting some White Widow to grow on their own.

I like your disclaimer, I ma use it .lol

This was my first grow

Strain Name - White Widow R
From - Robert Bergman
Type - 60 sativa 40 indica

Hey Lord,

Over at Bergman's seed site he lists the WW R strain as: "Sativa or Indica: 50% - 50% Hybrid", and the WW (fem) as "40% - 60% Indica dominant"

The reason I mention this is that there seems to be two main perceptions of this strain that are propagating around the internet. One group indicates WW as an indica dominant strain 60/40 while other sites are listing it (as you have above) as a sativa dominant strain at 60/40 as well. I'm sure there are variations on this strain on the market, but this inverted idea of WW being satvia or indica dominant seems contradictory and confusing.

Comments? Observations? Genetic references?

BTW...I'm growing WW (fem) from Robert Bergman as my first grow as well using some radical techniques that taught me a lot. Only about a couple weeks out from harvest at the moment, just watching them frost up.

Original White Widow is an F1 hybrid. Brazilian Sativa x South Indian Indica, bred by Shanti for GHS, now MNS.
Nobody but the original breeder has the P1 (parent) stock, so any and all others are either F2 selections from original seed, or are have co-opted the name.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Interesting, Doc. When one reads a particular strain's satvia/indica percentages as reported by seed sellers, how should those percentages be derived?

Well, in a true F1, the indi-sat % would be 50/50.
In an F2, which is F1 x F1, the progeny show far wider diversity & less homogenous results, swinging from 50/50 to as wide as 80/20 or so. In order to ascertain diversity, the breeder would have to be wholly up front as to the origins of the P1 (parent) stock, and breeding methodology. Being armed with that data set would allow you the most informed probabilities.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I never cloned a plant. How much do plants even go for?

His "white widow" is a decent one.

As for cloning, it is ridiculous not to do it. So damned easy and you can get a lot of benefits from it. A major one is you get a lot more mature plants of the exact same genetics. If you have a good plant, you get more yield. If you grow indoors at all, the branching under the canopy goes largely to waste. Use it. You can also choose to use clones to produce feminized seeds for future grows. They can be used for experimental crosses. A big use for me was to salvage plants that had started to wilt from root rot or were attacked by rabbits and squirrels. MUCH easier to turn the plant into a bunch of perfectly viable ones than to try to save the original.

Back
Top Bottom