Canalope Haze Grow & Smoke Report

Jackalope

Strain reports seem to be about strains you buy and not grow. Thought I would put this report here.
Strain: Cantaloupe Haze grow
Breeder: DNA
Medium: Soil ( 40% happy frog 40% miracle grow 20% #3 perlite )
Light: 1000wt HPS
Production. 2oz dried
This plant was a dream to grow. After the temp problem killed her sisters she was the only 1 standing. My soil covers food pretty well so I just watered her. 4 weeks into budding I sprinkled all the plants with sea bird guano 12-10-3 then on week 7 & 8 some 0-7-0 bat guano.
She grew well with no problems and was not demanding. She was kind of forgotten about tell she was out growing the others after stretch. That regulated her to the back row. The open structure let her get plenty of light even on the edge. I tried super cropping her but she did not respond well early on so I quit. I thought at first she wouldn't produce much. Her cola was a third the size of other strains. That didn't keep her from packing on the weight. She was covered in golf ball sized buds. The open structure letting even the inner and lower buds get light. Not a whole lot of smell to her early on. Hard to tell in a room full of Jack the Ripper and Medi Kush. About week 7 or 8 the haze smell started coming out. Never noticed any cantaloupe but who cares the haze smell was fantastic. It was only 1 plant so its not surprising I didn't get a great cantaloupe one. I let her go 10 weeks the last 2 with nothing but water. She sucked all the nuts out of the fan leaves and got a great flush which help with the great flavor I'm sure. She was easy to trim with not a lot of wasted energy on leaves she didn't need. After drying I ended up with 2oz of dried manicured bud. That's good for my set up and grow technics.

SMOKE REPORT
Strain: Cantaloupe Haze.
Look: 9/10
Smell 8/10
Taste 9/10
High 10/10
Medical 9/10
Yeah as you can I like this strain. I'm dealing with a lot of nerve pain now and use pot to help. I have been growing and smoking for years so I'm not a pure medical guy. This plant is in the top 10 of plants I have grown.
But this is about the smoke. I smoke joints using Zig Zag 1 1/4. Flavor is very important to me. On exhale the cantaloupe has a very hazey taste. You can feel the effects as you savor the first hit. This is a great strain to shut everything out for a couple minutes while you smoke a few hits. There is plenty power here so how many hits you take will end up how high you will get. That is another reason to savor it. It only takes a couple minutes to take 4 or 5 hits and relax and enjoy it. Its easy to be distracted and smoke with out noticing the taste. With cantaloupe you can taste it more just blowing more air over your taste buds. The flavor lasts even after the smoke is gone. The flavor lasts all the way though the joint. Plus if you don't pay attention you end up smoking half or more of a joint. Then there is nothing to do but ride it out lol.
The High is very enjoyable. You find yourself smiling for no reason at all. It hits you behind the eyes giving you Chinese eyes to go with that smile on your face. ( Please no death threats for the Chinese comment I'm not a racist! its just a good way to explain it ) So now your sitting there smiling. As long as its in reasonable amounts you can perform your daily chores. I have a lot of nerve pain that drugs can't help with. Cantaloupe is great for keeping my mind off it. It keeps me happy and comfortable for most my daily tasks. While this is a sativa. Later in the evening it can help shut you down. There is no ceiling so the more you smoke the higher you get. If I had to only have 1 strain this would be a good choice. That says a lot for me.
So in closing I smoked half a joint before starting this. So if it makes sense and is informative. This is a good strain for daily use. If it is a bunch of gibberish and rambling then maybe not lol.

Re: Canalope Haze grow and smoke report.

Photos of Cantaloupe Haze
grow_1_130.JPG

Grow_1_room_018.JPG

Grow_1_room_0221.JPG

grow_1_0781.JPG

grow_1_129.JPG

g-2_dried_033.JPG

g-2_dried_035.JPG

g-2_dried_037.JPG

Heard it is really C99 but whatever. I ordered a few seeds. Claims to be half Michoacan which got me going. We well see.

Sounds like it did the trick, very few reports on this strain.

Hey you brought back a dinosaur thread lol. Glad you did. No this is nothing like Cinderella 99. I have them growing right next to each other right now. Even with out that there are tons of difference between the 2 strains. From what I have seen from C-99 hybrids there is no C-99 in Cannalope Haze at all.

With that said. You are going to be happy with Cannalope Haze. I don't grow strains again if I didn't have good results the first time. I have to admit. I used Cannalope Haze less in the daytime later on. It was so much better in the afternoon and evening. It was very relaxing smoke.

I went back and reread my report. Learned a little myself LMAO. I thought I had the same Pheno. I guess not. All 3 are different but all are covered in trichomes. Here are a couple pics of this years Cannalope.
This first one is going to finish a lot later than the other 2

These next 2 are frostier and faster flowering.

Either strain is worth growing. While they are both sativas I would classify them differently. Grimm C-99 is perfect daytime weed. At least for me. Cannalope was a much more rounded high. Both strains are well made and have great flavor.

Hey, sounds great. When a person has a vested interest in a line, then getting riled up on an apparent infringement of their business becomes a problem. Without genetic testing all this stuff is just guesses. Lots of strains appear similar and effects, taste, etc. can be close as well.

The old Michoacan was sativa but not a go get stuff done effect so this sounds about right. Thanks for the info and looking forward to running this one.

Not sure exactly what you mean with the first part. I wasn't defending either one. I just wanted you to know that they are different strains. The strains more different then they are the same.

I know there are lots of people making claims out there. The Cannalope being C-99 is just one. Thing is these strains could not be more different. The longer I grow the more I learn about the plants themselves. You can tell a lot by how they grow. There are no simularities between the 2 strains. At least between DNA Cannalope Haze and Brothers Grimm C-99 Who knows about the copies. I can understand mistakes in a lot of situations. That one not at all. That is why I mentioned it.

The Michoacan is not a strain I heard of early on. For me it was mostly Oaxacan that showed up and made a impression on me. It and Thai Stick were the main stay in Eugene Or. in the late 70's. 2 more interesting hybrids you may want to look at are. Pina Rita by TGA Subcool or Mexican Sativa from Sensi. Both are slightly worked over Mexican sativa hybrids. Plus you can't forget Acapulco Gold from Barnes Farm. Those 3 and the Cannalope pretty much cover all the Mexican genetics.

I was referring to Gypsy Nirvana and him getting angry/riled with DNA about using the C99 they were gifted as being their own unique line.

Speaking of Oaxacan that was a favorite of DJ Short and I just toked some of his F13, which leans sativa. I think Oaxacan in fact. Clear and clean with trippy in the mix. My eyes were playing a few tricks on me, might be the smoke. hehe

The Barneys Acapulco Gold is a hybrid. I have pure AG x Michoacan by way of Snowhigh. Mixed with Michoacan but pure otherwise. Hghland Guerrero x Blueberry is another I love. Chimera worked with DJ to make it happen.

I have some modern Mexican lines, all hybrids of course. Jarillo, different Oaxacans, others too. Always like to try another Mexican.

Has it been rainy in Eugene? We have had wet weather in socal which is not common.

Not in Eugene anymore that was years ago LOL. I knew the Barnes Farm was worked over a bit. Same with the Mexican Sativa by Sensi. Their idea was to just get it to produce and flower better indoors. I can understand that. It is left to be seen what they bred out and what was bred in. After growing landrace seeds I don't mind them working it over a bit. As long as they capture the smells, flavors, and high who cares.

I grew out DJ shorts F-13. I wasn't as good of a grower back then so I won't say anything about its growth. The smells are another thing. Totally new smells and flavors at the time. Still don't know if I have found anything like the best flavored one. The high was great without overbearing

I do not care for the pedigree of the plant either, but when searching out heirlooms I go for the pure before trying the hybrid. I was smoking when the heirlooms were around though did not smoke many, so pure wins out for me.

Love the F13 and also C99. Both of which try to mimic the better sativa lines of old. Do a damn good job of it too.

I smoked a lot of the great strains of old. From what I have found nothing is like it was because of the difference in how and where they were grown. Flavors and highs were affected by packaging and age. I kind of gave up on trying to find them.

Then I found C-99 that has a great old school sinsemilla flavor of the past. I grew up on the west coast so by the mid 70's the great weed was grown locally not imported.

Thanks for the detailed strain report. I had a little Chocolope bud once; it wasn't real strong but made me smile, which was appreciated.

Mexican Sativa from Sensi. Both are slightly worked over Mexican sativa hybrids.

Might be more than slightly worked over - if I'm remembering correctly, it's got both Durban and Afghani in it. I've thought about trying it; it's dirt-cheap, and might be the cheapest strain in Sensi Seeds'[/b] inventory. Oaxacan genetics are a favorite and it would be interesting to see how the breeder's most inexpensive strain performed. Maybe someday I will.

That's what they are for me LOL. "Someday seeds". I don't figure them to be super strong but a guy might find something interesting in it. Lately I am finding more value in regular strains so their chance of being grown is improving.

Lots of mid level THC strains out there. It would have to have something very special to fit in with what I am already doing. I have found great plants in lots of unexpected places before. I bought a lot of stuff like it when I still had big dreams of breeding and wanted all kinds of genetics to work with.

Back
Top Bottom