Dwarf Low Flyer Review

Scientific

Strain Name - Dwarf Low Flyer (feminized dwarf autoflower)
From - Crop King Seeds
When - March 2017
Price - Five seeds for $55 (they sent seven)
Type - 70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis; Genetics: Early Girl X Low Rider X Ruderalis
Appearance - The plant itself is small! (It is a dwarf.) Topped at node 6 and grown outside in coco coir with daily feedings and 8 hours of sunlight a day, she reached about 14"
Smell - Mild aroma is herbal, slightly sulfurous, and dank, with some subtler notes of fruit and root beer.
Taste - I jar-cured these buds carefully at 60% to 65% humidity, but I've gotta say the buds taste nasty. Harsh. However it's possible that someone who has more experience curing would have gotten better results, so take that with a grain of salt. Also, I'm not a smoker, I'm a tincture/oil/vape guy, so any smoke tastes pretty gross to me.
Type of Buzz - I'm not a great believer that different strains have terribly different highs. I can tell you that after consuming three, 0.8 gram capsules of coconut oil infused with ground, decarbed sugar leaves, I got lost at the park across the street! (It's a big park, but still... ;))
Length of Buzz - Depends on dose, eh? (A big dose in coconut oil lasts a long time.)
Best Medicinal Use - Good for what ails ya ;)

Overall - This is a specialty strain that is great for growing inconspicuously in small spaces, in a pot out on your deck, for example. Easy to grow and forgiving. Since it doesn't get big, it doesn't call attention to itself, so it's great for a stealth grow. Grown hydroponically with 24-hours of light a day for 77 days, I pulled half a kilo of buds wet from one plant plus another 150 grams of sticky trim. Growing in a pot in coco coir on my deck under 8 hours of sunlight a day, the plant is much less sticky but it's still giving me a nice plant.

Indoor hydro grow: Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 2017

Outdoor coco grow: Scientific's Coconut Coir Dwarf Low Flyer Summer Pot In An Air Pot Grow

2017-03-16_Day_0_7_Dwarf_Low_Flyer_seeds_CropKing.jpg

The seeds came very stealthily from Crop King is less than a week. I have planted three and all have germinated.

2017-05-24_Day_65_1100_004.JPG

Hydro grow, trained bent over 90 degrees, 12" tall, 16" around, 20 buds, 500+ grams wet

2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_079.JPG

Hydro grow root system

2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_067.JPG

Not the tightest or prettiest bud, but big

2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_054.JPG

20 buds from the hydro grow. 500+ grams wet.

2017-07-19_Day_50_002.JPG

Coco coir grow at about 40 days, eastern exposure, 8 hours of sun a day, fake flowers for the neighbors... This plant is great for low-key, stealthy grows.

2017-07-15_Day_46_001.JPG

Topped DLF in two gallons of coco coir in a home-made air pot fed daily with GH Flora Series nutes.

I provide my stealth by growing them amidst my flowers and vegetables that I also grow in pots right on the front deck. But my WW kind of towers over the rest now so I just keep her behind the lattice so as not to call unnecessary attention. I only have one DLF on the go at present but I have a 5-pack for indoors over the winter, along with a couple other strains, using CFLs. I'm still new at this and I'm trying to figure out what's going to work for me in a microgrow environment.

I provide my stealth by growing them amidst my flowers and vegetables that I also grow in pots right on the front deck.

Here's mine earlier this summer. I have people above me as well as beside me, which adds another dimension. Towering tomatoes and flowers help a lot.

(I'm in complete agreement with the sentiment expressed in your signature file by the way. ;))

2017-06-29_Day_30_004.JPG

Mine is at almost the same stage as yours by the looks of it. It's a week or so into bud and maybe 8" tall. It's a cool little plant and I'm looking forward to doing a few in my growroom over the winter. Here's my family of outdoor plants; the Low Flyer is the one in the left out in front. The White Widow is right rear and nowhere near flowering. The other big ones are CBDreams The DLF is a better strain to have out by my front door, I guess.
20170731_203611a.jpg

Mine is at almost the same stage as yours by the looks of it. It's a week or so into bud and maybe 8" tall. It's a cool little plant and I'm looking forward to doing a few in my growroom over the winter. Here's my family of outdoor plants; the Low Flyer is the one in the left out in front. The White Widow is right rear and nowhere near flowering. The other big ones are CBDreams The DLF is a better strain to have out by my front door, I guess.

I have recently become interested in White Widow, and I'd like to grow a high CBD strain too (though maybe "high" isn't the right word for a CBD strain. ;))
Here's an updated shot of my DLF on the deck.

2017-07-23_Day_54_005.JPG

Dwarf Low Flyer in coco coir and an air pot at Day 54. It gets direct sun from dawn until 2 PM and has eight colas from nodes 2, 3, 4, and 5 that are starting to fill in. They're not very sticky, though.

Back
Top Bottom