Tweed - Sun-Grown Sour Kush By DNA Genetics

Ian Bastage

Strain Name – Sun-Grown Sour Kush
From – DNA Genetics – available only from Tweed Main Street (Licensed Producer in Canada)
When – 8/2017
Price - $7 per gram (minimum purchase: 5 grams)
Type – Indica dominant. THC 14.9% CBD <0.07%
Appearance – medium green with orange pistils. Frosted. Small sticky buds.
Smell - Nose in the jar results: a luscious pine & dry hay scent
Taste – (vaping) starts sweet & perfumed & finishes with a souring taste. Very smooth although it does hit your nose as well.
Type of Buzz – A nice medium level effect – relaxing but certainly far from couch lock. It does keep the mind active in a positive but not racy way.
Length of Buzz – medium - 1½ hour
Best Medicinal Use – relief of low level pain. Gives a mild energy buzz

Overall – In my mind this product was past its prime. I would not have bought it if I had seen & touched it in a dispensary. It was very, very dry. The only thing that held the buds together was a bit of stickiness. The smell was OK, the taste acceptable but I would expect better quality. As a medicine, it was effective for medium term relief. They ran out of this strain immediately after my purchase so I got the end of the run dregs. Ditto a Palm Tree CBD by Snoop that I bought from the same supplier.

sun-grown_sour_kush-tweed.jpg

$7 per gram?

Yes. A good price. Their normal indoor Sour Kush is $9. Tweed is the retail arm of Canopy Growth - the largest legal licensed producer in Canada that supplies the burgeoning medical market.

Our LPs (gov't licensed producers) only sell retail to approved medical users in Canada. And that's $7 CAN which = $5.60 USD. Typical LP prices range from $6 (shake) to $12 per gram.

Strain Name — Sun-Grown Sour Kush
From — DNA Genetics — available only from Tweed Main Street (Licensed Producer in Canada)
When — 8/2017
Price - $7 per gram (minimum purchase: 5 grams)
Type — Indica dominant. THC 14.9% CBD <0.07%
Appearance — medium green with orange pistils. Frosted. Small sticky buds.
Smell - Nose in the jar results: a luscious pine & dry hay scent
Taste — (vaping) starts sweet & perfumed & finishes with a souring taste. Very smooth although it does hit your nose as well.
Type of Buzz — A nice medium level effect — relaxing but certainly far from couch lock. It does keep the mind active in a positive but not racy way.
Length of Buzz — medium - 1½ hour
Best Medicinal Use — relief of low level pain. Gives a mild energy buzz

Overall — In my mind this product was past its prime. I would not have bought it if I had seen & touched it in a dispensary. It was very, very dry. The only thing that held the buds together was a bit of stickiness. The smell was OK, the taste acceptable but I would expect better quality. As a medicine, it was effective for medium term relief. They ran out of this strain immediately after my purchase so I got the end of the run dregs. Ditto a Palm Tree CBD by Snoop that I bought from the same supplier.

sun-grown_sour_kush-tweed.jpg

Thanks need to place an order not sure what strains are worth my cash . Thanks for review

Back
Top Bottom