Papaya

JockBudman

Strain: Papaya
Breeder: Nirvana
Lineage: Jock Horror X Skunk#1

Grown in fertile fibre soil under 225w real draw LEDs with BioBizz nutes.

Grow - she grows well, a plant you can just water and watch grow and did miles better than the Super Lemon Haze I grew alongside. A good plant to top, branches well and gives plenty of stem to work with without being stringy.

Flowering - Well, firstly I don't keep track of flowering times but she went as long as all plants seem to - about two weeks more than you want. But I was determined to let her flower to completion and pushed it past the white hairs and into all red and swollen. Ahem.
Anyway, secondly I fucked it up and she grew bananas so the bud is pretty seeded but still well covered in crystals and the unseeded parts are swollen and firm.

Appearance:
420-magazine-mobile1881557033.jpg

That.

Also, when the flash isn't pissing all over the colours she's a nice light green with burnt sienna hairs and wonderfully sparkly with plenty of the good stuff.

Smell: Tropical. You know them shite shots you get that taste tropical? Aye, tropical.

Taste: Spicy, a drag burns the tongue. Other than that, weed. The flavour on this one is somewhat lacking in sharp contrast to the excellent scent. The smoke has a good skunk stink to it when you walk into the room and your girlfriend has already got the pipe out.

Effect: I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed. It's a great body stone - although I take issue with the description as narcotic. It may just be my tolerance level as a daily spliffer but I don't find it as strong as I'd hoped it would be. It takes a fair few smokes to get me to proper pass out territory and I was hoping to get it in one. All it's really made me want to do is grow Nirvana's aurora indica again - that one had the body and a bit of head and stood stress well. Definitely the better plant.

The main issue I guess is that there just isn't enough head for me. I like a good body stone but the circus needs to come to town in the old brain box, otherwise I'm just annoyed at wanting to do things and being restrained by the bond between my couch and my arse.

Positives though would be that it's still a good day strain for pain or anxiety and it isn't a bad strain - shit it might be your grail strain - but it's just not the one for me. Also I wrote this review after a few drinks and a nice papaya spliff, so there's that.

Ganja gu brah

Was it a big yeilder? Nice looking buds btw :)
Thanks pal . yeild wasn't amazing, about 17grams in a 5 litre pot - I average about 20g per plant in this setup. However from what I've read in other reports the consensus is that I fucked it up as most people say it's a good yeilder. I blame my lights personally .

I'm going to upgrade to an hps system soon so I'll try the other seed I've got plus a few s1's if I have the space (although there's a ton of others to do first and I'll be starting a breeding program so it may need to be a backup plant)

I wouldn't say it's a bad one and plenty on the tubes love it but for me it's more of a cash crop strain and I want cannaisseur quality. Good luck if you decide to give it a go.

I know this is an old thread but I grew this before and it was great. Hardly any leafurther to trimake and very fruity like the report but is was potent and very syicky. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Smell and taste made me think of orange Popsicles.

I've also grown Papaya. As an guerilla grower, it was a VERY carefree plant. And at the 38th latitude, I have to grow mostly indica strains. Papaya had more of a head high than the other guerilla stains I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom