Flytier's MMJ Strain Comparisons

flytier

Hey Everybody, I recently got my card to purchase and possess medical maryjane and I've made a few purchases since I've gotten my prescription last month. I use it to ease the pain and discomfort of arthritis and lower back issues as well as stress and anxiety.

If we find some strains better than others for things then it may be of interest to others if we share them and let others know as suggestions to try or grow, or just as general interest information. Before I begin to do any comparison, please note that I've never done a strain review or anything like that yet, so my methods and techniques will evolve considerably, hopefully for the better.

I guess a good comparison to start with is the sources of weed. I can think of four sources that I've had experiences with. There are homegrown, street dope, LPs and dispensaries but the only one of these that I have extensive familiarity with is the black market street dope. I will then start with it.

Cost.
If you get your dope from a friend who grows their own, you can score something around here for $25/quarter oz. But caveat emptor: you get what pay for. Or you can go into a pool hall and pay twice that for something that is of hit-or-miss quality.

Availability.
Highly unreliable. I'm a stranger where I live now with social anxiety and it's very difficult to get to know someone who sells it. When I do find someone it's often hit-or-miss at catching them at home, or even worse, the dreaded friend-of-a-friend. Shoot me now for fuck's sake.

Quality.
As mentioned before, in general you get what you pay for. I've bought stuff from dealers that go from one end of the spectrum to the other for goodness, and I know that some hash plant going for $60/q.oz will probably be better smoke for some $25 mystery weed. Try to get a sample, I guess. And you don't know if what you're getting has ever been treated for anything, or with what.

Security.
Who's watching you go in and out of that place for a few minutes at a time all the time? How far do you live from the dealer, and are there many cops around in between? Are you transporting you stash of hash plant or skunk in your car? There's no hiding the smell of that, and as heavenly as it is, it's a bit of a giveaway. Just watch your asses.

Well, it's getting late and I've been had a lot to smoke today, so I'm getting lots of brain farts. I'll continue on later when I'm a little more lucid. Cheerio. I'll proofread this tomorrow when it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom