Blue Berry By Crop King Seeds

The first seeds I ever ordered were these Regular Blue Berry Seeds from Crop King Seeds. I ordered them back toward the end of July 2017, I think. Anyhow I got around to growing a few. The first two were for a Red Solo Cup Journal, I ended up seeding one and keeping the other clean for a nice 9 grams from a 16 ounce solo cup. That was the first taste of this strain from CKS that I got.

I'll post a pic at the end so you can see how mine finished out.

After a few weeks cure (just be patient), this BB, as I called her, was fragrant and fresh at first crack of the jar. I just set it opened it up set it on the table and stood over it. Only a couple of seconds and the fresh, fruity, piney scent hit me! I pulled a popcorn piece outta the jar and rolled it up dropped the snapper into the bowl and took a nice rip. I'm so baked right now...

The bigger one that I grew gave me about an ounce and half, she wasn't too big and I kept her in 5 gallon bucket. Honestly though, I think I should have vegged her a bit longer.

My buds turned out great, lotsa nice hairs, not too dense, but super frosty. I only smoke these buds at night, total couch lock and I didn't even let the amber go much past 10%. If you're looking for a heavy hitter this Blue Berry is legit. I consider myself a beginner to this hobby and I found this plant to be pretty easy to care for, all the way through.

The seeds popped up quick and grew strong. Like I said I ordered Regs but every seed I've popped so far has been a fem. I mentioned I did some cross pollination. Well I did it with a another of the reg seeds sold by CKS. I've found all three of the Blue Berry harvested to have consistent bud production, shape, scent, density, trich production, etc.

If you wanna night time sleeper this is bud. I usually smoke a bowl and 45 minutes later, "I'm out."

E8B0043.jpg

Thanks for the review. I chose a five-pack of these seeds from when I won MotM last Autumn and received one of those $100 credits that Crop King Seeds was nice enough to donate to the prize pack. (Also a five-pack of the White Widow Auto.)

In addition to my own personal reasons for appreciating this particular strain review, I really like it when members share information about strains. There are just so very many out there that it's impossible for one person to grow them all, so this helps us pool our knowledge.

The first two were for a Red Solo Cup Journal, I ended up seeding one and keeping the other clean for a nice 9 grams from a 16 ounce solo cup.

The bigger one that I grew gave me about an ounce and half, she wasn't too big and I kept her in 5 gallon bucket.

So let me see if I have this right. 1½ ounces equals 42 grams. So you got approximately 4.66 times more bud... From 40 times more media / root-zone space, lol?

Are you asking yourself, about now, just how many Solo cups you can fit in your grow room? :rofl:

I've done the SOG thing before. It can be a bit of a PitA, and that's not even taking into consideration the fact that it's pretty easy to blow past the 99-plant limit that's generally accepted to be the threshold for federal charges. But it would certainly be an entertaining grow journal to follow along with.

Come to think of it, the first time I ever did a SCROG (we didn't call it that, way back then), it was so as to get a decent harvest from a bunch of 4' fluorescent lights, tightly packed - and running a "double-decker" setup. It just occurred to me that one could stack quite a few sets of Solo cup plants and fluorescent lights in the average height grow space. Probably be reasonably easy to build a rack to hold everything, and slide-outs for the cups (making it possible to feed/water them without the onerous task of removing each and every one, separately, from such a rack). I lack the (relatively) small amount of money - and, to be honest, the motivation - to do such a thing, but...

Anyone in the audience up to the challenge, lol?

total couch lock and I didn't even let the amber go much past 10%.

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Amber trichomes do not denote a "couch-lock" strain, as such. Ambers are degraded trichomes. Up/mental vs. down/physical, that's much more to do with the amount of CBD, and to a lesser extent, the ratio of CBD:THC. I've always found that I end up with the strongest bud when I manage to achieve the maximum amount of cloudy trichomes. If I want a more physical stone instead of a more mental high, I try to choose an appropriate strain instead of letting a plant get old before harvesting. IMHO, people think waiting too long to harvest gives a "better" physical/stoney effect because the plant somehow has gotten more CBD. But it hasn't, it just - at that point - has less THC (well, technically, THCA when it's still on the plant and yet to be decarboxylated).

Obviously, the above statements are my opinions, so - as in all things - your mileage may vary. But, as you have discovered, a person can get a stony effect whilst still harvesting at or near the peak of potency. And, with 2,000+ strains available in the marketplace today, why give up potency just to achieve any particular effect when you don't have to, lol?

DISCLAIMER: I was unable to fall asleep again last night.

I'm not one to stand on the quantity to root space or any other ratio. I'm looking for quality. I'm not looking to expand my hobby at this point however if you looked in my garage right now, your opinion on the previous statement way not concur. Although I suppose you'd need to have seen it previously. I've heard a few different things about the trichomes and how people like to harvest their plants. I like my sativas too.

I LOVE sativas. Always have; I've never been someone who enjoyed being poured into the couch/bed/etc., lol. But more and more, I realize that I kind of need a little "indication" (indica medication), too, for the bits below my head. So I'm trying to get into the frame of mind of growing strains from both ends (and the middle) of the spectrum.

I did have some Blueberry years ago, and the effect was okay (for me, I mean), I guess, and for the type of cannabis I'd have to say it was more than okay. I remember growing it... Thinking maybe it's smell like blueberry muffins, lol. And it smelled kind of fruity, a little. Then it smelled more like berry (at this late point in time, I do not specifically remember if it smelled like BLUEberry, but definitely nice). Then more of that plus a whiff of skunk. And THEN (lol) it started smelling more like a skunk had passed through a berry patch on its way to my door. But a cure brought more of the berry back. IIRC, this was soon after I first saw the strain for sale, so I do not know if that's still how it smells as the plant grows. It was kind of cool at the time, I thought.

I look - or at least hope - for quality, too. Always did, I suppose, but since I quit selling, I don't pay much attention to how productive any particular strain is. There are a couple of friends/family members that I give bud to if/when I run a grow, and of course it's always nice if I can pass out some bud and still have at least a little left over for me. But I don't go chasing yield numbers, because it's not a source of income in any way. Which, when I did stop selling years ago, turned out to be... liberating, lol? It meant that if I wished to grow a strain known to be a low producer, I didn't feel like such a choice was costing me money. Made it a lot easier to get back to actually enjoying the whole growing aspect, and less like work.

I wasn't seriously suggesting you do a grow consisting of a room full of Solo cups (especially not a stacked one), more just throwing out some ideas to see if they caught anyone's attention. When I get really tired, what little amount of "mental filters" that I have seem to get bypassed.

Again, thank you for posting your review of this strain.

Crop King BB was one of the first strains I grew. To this day it continues to be one of my favorites - among many. A well balanced and relaxing phen and my go to when the gfriend drops by. Can't beat it.

Back
Top Bottom