Post-encephalitic disorders

HigherDrifter

When I was 2~3 years of age I contracted Encephalitis. It's a viral infection which leads to the swelling of the brain. I was in a coma somewhere between 9 months to a year. The mortality rate and amount of brain damage it can cause is largely affiliated with how long it remains untreated.

By all natural accounts I should have died, however, I was treated with mass amounts of anti-biotics which eliminated the infection.

The ensuing problems afterwards where numerous. Even after I came out of the coma I wasn't all that mentally or physically coherent for a long time. As time went on I got more and more coherent, but...the damage was already done.

Along with other complications throughout my childhood and on into my young adulthood...

MY LIFE WAS A LIVING, BREATHING, SICKENING, TORTUOUS, SUICIDAL HELL.

To make matters worse I started developing MORE problems throughout my spine (but more so in my Lumbar area) in my early 20's.

I followed the doctor's orders like a good little boy, just like I did when my fucked up adoptive mother was forcing all these meds down my throat THAT didn't help me at all...

Don't remember when it was, early to mid 20's, I arrived at the disposition that all these doctors weren't helping me at all AND somebody had turned me on to Marijuana - not necessarily in that order. Was so long ago I can't remember all the details.

Needless to say not long after I started smoking weed things got better, and better. Tried telling this to all the doctors I was seeing but they just would not either listen to me or they flat out denied helping me with obtaining Marijuana legally.

Well, much of information regarding the early years of my life and the Encephalitis is all second and third-hand information. I wasn't given very many details from my foster parents. Even the doctors weren't helpful with giving me info about all these problems that I was having. Maybe they didn't know enough info...I dunno.

What I do know - is that smoking Marijuana has helped me IMMENSELY in dealing with my health problems and helped me generally with dealing with life.

Later.

Back
Top Bottom