Any Help for Polymyalgia Rheumatica, PMR

Diffydoc

This is my first post. I have PMR and have been using predinizone for 3 months. It works. Bur I am not liking the other things that come with the steroid. Pissy attitude, grumpy, quick to anger. I have no idea what damage this is doing to my mind and body over the long term, but if there is any research that has been done using mj for treatment of PMR I would appreciate it.
Thanks Diffydoc

Ok y'all its been a month and 200+ people have read my first post. Nobody has posted anything either for or against the MMJ helping with this PMR. Is it that nobody knows or is it nobody gives a care? I am aware that MMJ works for rheumatoid arthritis.....and PMR is kinda the same thing except in originates in the muscles instead of the joints. So...any research or skuttlebutt that may help with the inflammation in my muscles would be greatly appreciated.

Concentrated cannabis oil mix 50%Harlequin and 50% either Sativa or Indica. Then get off the man made meds & start getting healthy. A friend who has rheumatoid arthritis among other things like a shattered heal and diabetes and has NO pain and controlled sugar levels. Sorry for the late post...been busy. Hope this helps.

Yo Motoco,
Thanks a ton. Funny thing is, the Harlequin strain is easily had here in CO. So a we speak the 50/50 (indca) blend is under way. Thanks again and I will post the results asa I have data.

Make sure on the Harlequin its grown full term...buds excel in the last 2 weeks as do the CBD and CBN. Get a good cannabis concentrate, dose properly and your on you way to a healthy bliss. Peace

ps..any info I can give, just ask.

Hey Diffydoc...I just found this thread & I would greatly appreciate any info you could share with me. My mom has had PMR for about 4-5 yrs now and she was put on predinizone right away. As I am sure you already know, the side effects, i.e. damage to the body, developed diabetes from it amongst many other ailments. So now they are weaning her off the steroids but she is taking a mild form of chemo pills, (Methotrexate) to take place of the predinizone. Sucks either way so I am hoping that there is a better solution.
Thanks

Blessed Love,
I gave the MMJ an even chance at success. The strain I used was not Harlequin. I am not sure what strain I was given. It was supposed to be Harlequin/ Cindy 99. The results were less than expected. The MMJ did nothing to relieve the muscle pain. I went without the predinizone for 24 hrs. twice to give the MMJ an even chance to help. It did not help the pain, however I did get adequately baked. I used the MMJ in edible form with a dose of approx. 1/2 teaspoon. You may try another strain and have success.

Looking for fresh Harlequin can be a nightmare unless you grow it yourself, not to mentioned how it was grown. Its not a quick seller for the shops so a lot of times it looks good but in fact its old. If getting from a dispensary if they post the test results, check out the date of the test. Smoking, eating, vaping doesn't do CBD's justice...concentrated oil properly taken on the other hand is hands down the best pain reliever ever know...period. You really don't need such a high cbd strain as Harlequin...you can control the CBD in the grow and in making the concentrate. As little as 1.5% CBD will tackle pain for 3-5 hrs in a tincture...the real magic is in the concentrated oil which a blend of Blue Dream/Harlequin can stomp out pain as long as 48 + hrs (properly taken)...plus so much more. Peace

Thanks for the info Diffydoc & Motoco! There certainly doesn't seem to be much research done on PMR, huh. I'm guessing since it's not that common of a disease. I definitely never heard of it until my mom had it. Going to look into that Harlequin strain for sure though.

Thanks for the info Diffydoc & Motoco! There certainly doesn't seem to be much research done on PMR, huh. I'm guessing since it's not that common of a disease. I definitely never heard of it until my mom had it. Going to look into that Harlequin strain for sure though.

Hi ALL,

I have polymyalgia rhuematica and took steroids as well until I gained so much weight (300lbs.) and like you said, could kill people on the slightest aggravation.

When I finally got tested, on a scale of 1-100, blood test showed my number to be 97, normal around 7-10...

When I saw my family Doctor at 300 lbs. I told her I can't do it anymore...so secretly when to my MMJ clinic for 1st time and filled out the paperwork so I could be legal. Side Note - been smoking/growing since 1971 and it never correlated that my pain was being relieved by my smoke...who knew?

So, I didn't know anyone else had problems like this as well until I just saw this thread tonight - yeah, I am not alone...

OK, so I smoke, vap and eat...although decades has me liking a bong iit when I feel it coming on, I have been experimenting more with my orange cupcakes, the usual brownies and such. Turns out that the pain relief from ingesting helps so much better than smoking but I still keep my bong near computer B-)

Last year, I grew 40 quart jars worth, a mix of sativa and indica - and actually kept great records for my own knowledge...

In morning an throughout the day, sativa allowed me to lose 80 lbs. and am walking 3-5 miles a day weather permitting. Amazing breakthrough and as my Doctor has kept track of my progress, she too is interested on how I am doing with MMJ since like me, most her patients are older (I am 63) and maybe could benefit from it as well. I am totally honest with her and she is so happy I don't need steroids since that appears to be the only way to get pain relief until she met me....

After 6 pm, I move to indica, a deeper relaxation and able to sleep through the whole night without hat dam pain waking me up!

The only downside to it all is the cost - MMJ in so many states costs about $65 for an eighth (no compassion in this trade), so I grow my own plus I know what is in mine (I don't use chemicals like they do for inside growth) - clean, cold water and some natural compost, and I now can afford it as well as take care of myself.

Hope this helps fill in any gaps or questions and if wanting more, I would be happy to answer any questions...
:thumb: :peace: :cheer:

I have PMR and have been taking prednesone for three months. I am trying to taper my prednesone (now at 12.5mg/day) by using CBD, but I have had difficulty in determining what dosage of CBD to take and how to measure that dose. Does anyone know how many mg of CBD is effective for PMR symptoms?

I have PMR and have been taking prednesone for three months. I am trying to taper my prednesone (now at 12.5mg/day) by using CBD, but I have had difficulty in determining what dosage of CBD to take and how to measure that dose. Does anyone know how many mg of CBD is effective for PMR symptoms?
personally to treat my ra ii use 400 mg CBD blessings.

I have had PMR for 6 months now, and am having neurological issues because of it. Without the prednisone, I am a crying blob on the bed. However, I can’t stay on steroids forever. I have added a 20:1 CBD vape and have harlequin flower. I hit both of them, many times through the day, to keep the pain down that the steroids don’t control. I also had to stop using my favorite “get up and go“ sativas, White Buffalo and Green Crack, because they intensified my pain. Now I use Papaya Cake and Northern Lights to keep the pain tolerable. Hopefully, once the neurological issues are resolved, I can get back to my regular regime, and I will have sufficient pain management to get off the prednisone. Oh, and it is important to move. I know it is painful, but so is the weight that will pile on without it. I got myself a tricycle, so I felt more stable, and I ride 30 min. every other day. And I go to the pool and do water aerobics a couple of times a week.

I have had PMR for 6 months now, and am having neurological issues because of it. Without the prednisone, I am a crying blob on the bed. However, I can’t stay on steroids forever. I have added a 20:1 CBD vape and have harlequin flower. I hit both of them, many times through the day, to keep the pain down that the steroids don’t control. I also had to stop using my favorite “get up and go“ sativas, White Buffalo and Green Crack, because they intensified my pain. Now I use Papaya Cake and Northern Lights to keep the pain tolerable. Hopefully, once the neurological issues are resolved, I can get back to my regular regime, and I will have sufficient pain management to get off the prednisone. Oh, and it is important to move. I know it is painful, but so is the weight that will pile on without it. I got myself a tricycle, so I felt more stable, and I ride 30 min. every other day. And I go to the pool and do water aerobics a couple of times a week.
TENS unit helps a lot with pain management worth paying a couple hundred for a decent one and bulk large pad replacements.

Sorry so late. :) Minimal searching and nearest I could find is NCBI did a write up of cannabis and rheumatic diseases. They mainly use fibromyalgia in reference. Again, minimal searching but nearest I could find.

I read about their links and posts and a link for information purposes and NOT to another cannabis site is allowed.

I will be reading it shortly.

Sorry so late. :) Minimal searching and nearest I could find is NCBI did a write up of cannabis and rheumatic diseases. They mainly use fibromyalgia in reference. Again, minimal searching but nearest I could find.

I read about their links and posts and a link for information purposes and NOT to another cannabis site is allowed.

I will be reading it shortly.
Good article. My rheumatologist and neurologist both know I am a cannabis patient, and haven’t blinked an eye. I am going to try making my own edibles, brownies, with Grand daddy purple. I was advised at the dispensary, that edibles might work better for the type of nerve pain I’m having from polymyalgia Rheumatica. I’m gonna give it a try. I was advised to go easy.

Back
Top Bottom