Heart Conditions

raz34

Good Afternoon /evening everyone ,

I am trying to find information on how or if Hemp /cannabis can help with cardiovascular disease.

I have been diagnosed with tricuspid stenosis and do not want to go through surgery.
Does anyone know can point me in the right direction regarding cannabis and vascular disease ?

thanks everyone in advance.

This specific section: Here! Contains all of the forums information on Cardiovascular scientific data, just to get you started.

I'll dig around and see if I can find some more for you.

EDIT: I can tell you now that I have read that Cannabis has positively worked for several people by lowering their blood pressure. It does this by opening the veins and arteries. It sounds promising for tricuspid stenosis, but I don't currently have specific information in front of me that details how it will affect valves yet.

EDIT Again: My main concern right now, is that Cannabis use can cause an increased heart rate shortly after use. For ingestion, I would suggest using Oil for safety

Hi raz34,

Your post is very interesting. I have had this condition since I had Scarlet Fever around 4 or 5 yrs. old (high fever). Ever since then I've had a murmur, the wife and I 'nana' had a murmur from Rheumatic Fever. I have smoked MJ a long time and can fill you in on that part. Smoking MJ, especially certain strains can cause a 'racy' heart. It has happened a lot to me. Todays strains are very potent. Its the heavy THC euphoric causing the heart to beat irregularly. I have had 4 heart attacks, one being opened heart surgery so I understand your concerns. My issues is narrow arteries, same thing my grandfather died from. But again, I've always had this murmur also. Depending on how bad yours is may be an entirely different situation and the severity of damage to your heart valves can be much more severe. That being said, since I've been using cannabis concentrated oil for my heart condition my circulation and my heart has improved vastly over the past couple of years. My heart murmur happens so infrequent I really don't notice it any more. I do however notice the irregular heartbeat when I take a couple of tokes (still light murmurs compared to no oil). It doesn't matter if its Sativa or Indica strain. A added note: since I've been using the concentrated oil my health has been the best in 25 yrs. Hope this gives you some insight. You gave me some because I think I have this also (lighter damage than you) and the same with my Nana. She lived to 99.5. Hope I can come close. Thank you for your post as it sure spiked my interest. All three conditions were caused by high fevers (if I read your symptom correctly). I hope I returned the favor. Sounds like your condition is more severe as far as damage goes and you might want to listen to your Dr. and take heed. If it is something that is looking down the road, then I would recommend trying the cannabis concentrated oil taken properly. If you plan on just digesting the oil it will make your heart race just like smoking especially if it is an Sativa strain. Taking the oil correctly regulates my heart and as mentioned if I feel a murmur using the concentrate it is very infrequent.

Best Regards
420 Motoco

Thank you Antics and 420 motoco for your replies .

I just ordered some nutiva organic hemp oil.
Does hemp oil raise your heart rate or is it just smoking that does that ?

Thanks again,
raz34.

I'm unsure of the effects of Hemp oil, although it is beneficial, it's not the same as Cannabis oil, which you can read about how to make it Here!

As Moto stated, some strains of Cannabis, when smoked can cause elevated heart rate. (A recent strain I grew does not have this effect so far for me)

If you swallow the oil, it will produce the same effects as smoking it. Possible elevated heart rate, the "high" feeling, increased appetite, etc.. The correct method of using concentrated Cannabis oil is to apply it to the gums, allowing absorption into the body directly, and when used correctly, should not produce any "highs" or other effects associated with smoking Cannabis.

I read through the how to. it looks fairly simple. I will have to read more on that and figure out how to get the cannabis or grow it.
Is it difficult to get the strain you grew or find seeds to do grow myself ? I apologize in advance for all the novice questions.

I know nothing of hemp oil you speak of smoking or digesting. This is some of the confusion that happens when Rick Simpson started calling it 'hemp oil' instead of concentrated cannabis oil. As Antics has mentioned, its not the same as the concentrated cannabis oil.
Your growing questions and strains would be better ask here } Frequently Asked Questions

Do not feel you cannot ask questions. We all are novice's at one time.

420 Motoco

Thank you Antics and 420 motoco for your replies .

I just ordered some nutiva organic hemp oil.
Does hemp oil raise your heart rate or is it just smoking that does that ?

Thanks again,
raz34.

I too have had open heart surgery for a leaking aorta valve. This was a congenital defect my Father and Grand Farther had both died at the age of 45 ( no open heart surgery back then ) I am taking cannabis infused capsules I make in my Magical Butter 2 machine
(Granddaddy Purple and Blue Dream for pain ). I have noticed a racing heart when the pills kick in for about 30 min. after that the heart will slow back down. I too like Motoco am in better health than I've been in for awhile. Good Luck finding help with your condition.

I read through the how to. it looks fairly simple. I will have to read more on that and figure out how to get the cannabis or grow it.
Is it difficult to get the strain you grew or find seeds to do grow myself ? I apologize in advance for all the novice questions.

It's extremely easy to purchase Cannabis, legally, or illegally. EVERYONE knows someone who knows someone... If you're looking to grow your own, which in my opinion is the better option if you don't have a dispensary at your disposal, you can easily purchase the seeds online. Buying from the average Joe will get you some weed/pot. In many cases they won't know the strain, or there's a middle man selling it, and he can't tell you anything useful about the strain, how it was grown, if it was organic etc..

The grow I just finished wasn't even completely cured, and still tasted 100x better than anything I ever bought off the street.

Where to buy... We have a bunch of sponsors on the forums, I have done business personally with 1 of them so far, on 3 separate occasions, and had no problems at all. Depending on your location and where the seeds will be shipped to, you may want to look for a seed bank that offers a guaranteed delivery option, so if by some chance your seeds are lost in transit, or seized by customs, they send out free replacements at no cost to you.

As for legal issues by those who have had seeds seized in customs, there has never been a single instance that I was able to find, of someone getting in trouble when a shipment was seized.

The strain I'm finishing up now is MED GOM 1.0, which has a guaranteed CBD content of 4%, but can be as high as 15%. THC:CBD ratio is 1:1 to 1:2. But there are other strains available that contain much higher levels of CBD. Harle-Tsu is one of them, however I believe it's only available in California at the present time (At least according to their website)

Oh and the THC level on the strain I just tried, was 10-12% THC, and no CBD level mentioned. For medical use, a strain with a higher CBD level is best. Strains that I know of that are widely available with higher CBD levels are MED GOM 1.0, and Cali Jack, However Cali Jack has a 4% CBD level, and 15-20% THC, which is roughly a 1:3.75-1:5 ratio.

And there are others around as well. More and more folks are breeding strains with higher and higher CBD levels for the additional healing properties :)

Im going to check out the sponsers and order some seeds for those types.
Its good to see others with heart troubles using it to help.

I grow for myself and my buddy who had quadruple bypass surgery a couple years ago. They have him on vicodin, percocet, xanax and a few other pills. He uses cannabis for meds, and just takes his pills for fun now. But there are always people here to help you every step of the way, so don't be afraid to ask for help. And just a warning, growing is more addicting than just about anything.

Heart troubles aren't the only thing people use it for.

I'm currently finishing up the MED GOM to treat a few people for: Seizure disorder, Back pain, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hip joint pain, Migraines, Headaches, and Anxienty.

Depending on what else you'd like to treat, will depend on how you use it. The Oil is the most universal way to treat ailments, but it can be made into a salve (topical lotion) to use for pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and has even worked for headaches and migraines, all without any "high" feelings as well.

You'll want to likely stick to Feminized strains specifically, those will almost always guarantee a useable female plant.

And Autoflowers will be ready for a harvest a little sooner than regulars. My first MED GOM is currently at around 65 days, and will be ready to harvest this week, or the week after.

However regular strains tend to produce more with the longer time. So it's a give and take.

You got that right Antics! This is why concentrated cannabis oil is a HUGE threat to the big Pharmies and the Governments they buy. When I first joined 420magazine.com I made a post stating if I owned a Pharmie 1 item would be all I need to fill prescriptions. I realize I got the 'whacko jacko' response :). I was serious then and even more serious now.

We need to get it right this time and make sure everyone has a right to this amazing medicine without thought of greed but with thoughts of compassion for our brothers and sisters around the globe who are ill. So many uses of this magical plant.

Here is my anecdotal story:

Echocardiograms in 2012 and 2013 indicated "Grade 2 diastolic dysfunction" (stiff heart valves) and valve regurgitation (leaky heart valves) in the mild-to-moderate range. Since the December 2013 echocardiogram, the only change in my meds or lifestyle has been MMJ, which I began taking daily since mid-April 2014. I have two small vaporizers, using a high-CBD strain in one and a high-THC strain in the other one.

Two weeks ago I had another echocardiogram. The results indicated no diastolic dysfunction, and only trace amounts of valve regurgitation. The overall result was "no significant abnormality".

Great results Honkster. Are you only medicating by inhalation?...
Yes, only by inhalation. I'm skeptical about the efficiency of oral CBD.
The research article at Cannabidiol in Humans?The Quest for Therapeutic Targets states that CBD has 6% bioavailability when taken orally, and 31% bioavailability when smoked. That would mean inhaled CBD would give your body 5 times more CBD than the same amount of oral CBD. Sounds like a big waste of CBD to take it orally, but you could certainly get a more accurate dose orally, assuming the oral CBD is labeled accurately and is manufactured safely.

Yes, only by inhalation. I'm skeptical about the efficiency of oral CBD.
The research article at Cannabidiol in Humans?The Quest for Therapeutic Targets states that CBD has 6% bioavailability when taken orally, and 31% bioavailability when smoked. That would mean inhaled CBD would give your body 5 times more CBD than the same amount of oral CBD. Sounds like a big waste of CBD to take it orally, but you could certainly get a more accurate dose orally, assuming the oral CBD is labeled accurately and is manufactured safely.

And what about the bioavailability when absorbed, such as correctly administering a dose of Concentrated Cannabis oil?

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Personally, I would recommend this method of dosing, opposed to inhalation, as you get more Cannabinoids into your system.

I too have heart problems 3 stents quadruple bypass and a pacemaker/ defibrillator I use cannabis for its calming and relaxing effects. I've had 7 heart attacks and since I started using mj regularly I've not had a single incident with my heart. I'm in ohio where it is currently illegal so the stuff you get on the street is garbage. I started growing for my own supply and so far I like the northern lights strain the best. I am going to try blue mystic for my next grow as I have severe back problems too and have seen great reviews on this strain. Good luck to you all and thanks for all the info I've gotten from this site and the 420 newsletter

What is the proper use of cannabis oil for an aortic stenosis? I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to hopefully avoid surgery.

Hi!
Was wondering if you guys might be able to help me!
I'm a mom of four kiddos. Our youngest who is 15 has restrictive cardiomyopathy which is a stiff heart basically. We are really looking for some help on inflammation especially. His diastolic function is poor. Sleep are also having problems with fluid retention in his tummy.
Would truly appreciate any help from you all!!
Thank you,
Kimm

Back
Top Bottom