Diabetes and Medical Cannabis - A discussion

Greeley

Hello all, I just made this thread because I'd like to talk about a little situation my family is in, and I'd like to ask a few questions to all you fine people, and I'd like to hear what you might have to say about it, whether its because you have diabetes, cannabis has been helping your diabetes, you have a family member with diabetes, your curious about it, anything.

First I'd like to start by saying that I am not a diabetic, but my grandmother is. She's going blind because of Diabetes, and just recently she broke her foot and walked on it for 6 hours until she noticed he foot was extremely black and blue, she didn't know she had broken 4 bones in her feet, every toe except the big one, because Diabetes has taken her ability to feel her hands and especially her feet. She's really sick because of diabetes, she's going to live for a while still, she isn't terminally ill or anything, but she's going to lose her eyes and her feet. But its a fact, the ways things are, that eventually she's going to be wheelchair ridden and blind. Unable to work her minimum wage job and pay rent for the duplex she's been living in since I was born, my grandfathers job and pension won't be enough for them, and they will be stripped of their independence and need to live with my parents.

I am determined to not let this happen.

not to my sweet grandmother, who's favourite movie character is Donkey from Shrek, who played nintendo with me my whole time growing up, which is a trait I'm yet to see in anyone else grandma thus far. She's been the coolest grandma ever as long as I can remember. I will whatever it takes to help her.

I just want to know if there is anyone out there who's had diabetes, as bad as my grandmothers, better, worse, it doesn't matter. I just want to know if theres anyone out there who cannabis has definitely helped get off of other medication, even keep their eyesight or feet, or something similar, or even on a smaller scale altogether.

I will be keeping tabs on this post and I promise to report to you when I've gotten the chance to try and help her, I will report of my success or failure in helping control her blood sugar and stop certain medications. If she gets any feeling back or her eyes aren't being damaged anymore.

for now I will be waiting to hear from the community, and I will be tending my garden. theres a lot of people who need it but my grandma is first in line.

Hello all, I just made this thread because I'd like to talk about a little situation my family is in, and I'd like to ask a few questions to all you fine people, and I'd like to hear what you might have to say about it, whether its because you have diabetes, cannabis has been helping your diabetes, you have a family member with diabetes, your curious about it, anything.

First I'd like to start by saying that I am not a diabetic, but my grandmother is. She's going blind because of Diabetes, and just recently she broke her foot and walked on it for 6 hours until she noticed he foot was extremely black and blue, she didn't know she had broken 4 bones in her feet, every toe except the big one, because Diabetes has taken her ability to feel her hands and especially her feet. She's really sick because of diabetes, she's going to live for a while still, she isn't terminally ill or anything, but she's going to lose her eyes and her feet. But its a fact, the ways things are, that eventually she's going to be wheelchair ridden and blind. Unable to work her minimum wage job and pay rent for the duplex she's been living in since I was born, my grandfathers job and pension won't be enough for them, and they will be stripped of their independence and need to live with my parents.

I am determined to not let this happen.

not to my sweet grandmother, who's favourite movie character is Donkey from Shrek, who played nintendo with me my whole time growing up, which is a trait I'm yet to see in anyone else grandma thus far. She's been the coolest grandma ever as long as I can remember. I will whatever it takes to help her.

I just want to know if there is anyone out there who's had diabetes, as bad as my grandmothers, better, worse, it doesn't matter. I just want to know if theres anyone out there who cannabis has definitely helped get off of other medication, even keep their eyesight or feet, or something similar, or even on a smaller scale altogether.

I will be keeping tabs on this post and I promise to report to you when I've gotten the chance to try and help her, I will report of my success or failure in helping control her blood sugar and stop certain medications. If she gets any feeling back or her eyes aren't being damaged anymore.

for now I will be waiting to hear from the community, and I will be tending my garden. theres a lot of people who need it but my grandma is first in line.

Hi Greelley,

I have no diabetes either. However we do help out a lot of people who do along with other serious ailments. Cannabis concentrated oil has qualities that control sugar levels as well as blood pressure among other outstanding healing qualities. A local takes insulin 4 times a day and since on the oil rarely needs her insulin any more. Its easily monitored and you have to keep track to cut down on the insulin. Also a worthy mention it heals glands and organs. Some take longer than others depending on the damage. The benefits of the concentrated oil will do so much more for your grandmother. Arthritis, joint pain, and the list is long and distinguished. Surprisingly the wife and I are pretty surprised how many older people are opening up the mind to alternative medicine. When a tight budget is an issue try pooling a few others together who have serious ailments to acquire product. A lot of household items can be used to make your own extract. Its relatively easy and you would be making your grandmother's meds insuring quality Here is a couple of links you might be interested in if you haven't seen them. How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil, Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method
If you need any help and your interested we can walk you through the process, strains, carrier, and method. I personally love people who take care of their elders who have blessed them with their grace and love.
Cheers!

thanks for the info I'm happy to hear that even the insulin amounts needed were reduced, my grandmother has been injecting herself with insulin for so long.

I have made oils, I even have access to a vacuum purge oven at my work because my new boss is freaking awesome. He travels all over to cannabis cups and his wife has a seed bank, he even breeds his own strains and they are feminized (he's letting me grow untested ones!), and his shatter placed second in some contest I don't know which one. This guy has me covered when it comes to oils and strains! I couldn't be happier about that.

I would possibly like discuss the method to lowering insulin amounts. I am imagine my nan is going to take the oil with her insulin every day until she's reached the recommended dosage for the oil. then sit on that dosage for about a week. then she can skip her insulin and take the oil, carefully watching her blood sugar and only using insulin if it is necessary, if the insulin amounts are reduced, or she doesn't need it anymore, that would be a success by all means.

For her hands, legs, and feet i will make a cream infused with the oils, I hope to bring the feeling back for her or at least reduce the tingle or pins and needles. She also had a triple bypass surgery years ago and she had veins removed from her leg, that didn't help when it came to her legs either.

thanks for the info I'm happy to hear that even the insulin amounts needed were reduced, my grandmother has been injecting herself with insulin for so long.

I have made oils, I even have access to a vacuum purge oven at my work because my new boss is freaking awesome. He travels all over to cannabis cups and his wife has a seed bank, he even breeds his own strains and they are feminized (he's letting me grow untested ones!), and his shatter placed second in some contest I don't know which one. This guy has me covered when it comes to oils and strains! I couldn't be happier about that.

I would possibly like discuss the method to lowering insulin amounts. I am imagine my nan is going to take the oil with her insulin every day until she's reached the recommended dosage for the oil. then sit on that dosage for about a week. then she can skip her insulin and take the oil, carefully watching her blood sugar and only using insulin if it is necessary, if the insulin amounts are reduced, or she doesn't need it anymore, that would be a success by all means.

For her hands, legs, and feet i will make a cream infused with the oils, I hope to bring the feeling back for her or at least reduce the tingle or pins and needles. She also had a triple bypass surgery years ago and she had veins removed from her leg, that didn't help when it came to her legs either.

Has the oil been decarboxylated? I've had 4 heart attacks and a quad by-pass so I'm missing a leg artery also. Also the oil applied topical to the sores has to be packed in with oil (perhaps a drop of grape seed oil to thin it so it won't pull off any scabs if there are scabs) and use a waterproof band-aid and change out every four days. It takes time but these sores won't get infected with the oil. People we help oil is always their primary med, the adjustment to wean down would be the insulin. As mentioned it's easily monitored. Hopefully you can reverse this process in time or at least prevent it from getting worse. If you plan on using digesting method's the blood sugar is not controlled, keep that in mind. Blood sugar, blood pressure is best regulated through gum absorption (why I ask if the oil has been decarboxylated) so it will pass the blood brain barrier to the CB1 receptors. Sounds like a great boss :) I will be out most of the day but will check back this evening if you have other questions.

Has the oil been decarboxylated?

I haven't made the oil yet, still growing it, but I know how to make oils both ways, with and without heat. like I said I have access to a 2000$ Purge Oven and I can make top quality oils the professional way, but I also have a set up for making it at home, either with or without heat. I have several solvents at my disposal, Ethanol, Isopropyl, Butane, and Propane.

So I just need to know whether or not to decarboxylate it for gum absorption, and I think were set! many thanks again!

I haven't made the oil yet, still growing it, but I know how to make oils both ways, with and without heat. like I said I have access to a 2000$ Purge Oven and I can make top quality oils the professional way, but I also have a set up for making it at home, either with or without heat. I have several solvents at my disposal, Ethanol, Isopropyl, Butane, and Propane.

So I just need to know whether or not to decarboxylate it for gum absorption, and I think were set! many thanks again!

Yes you need to decarboxylate at 250f until the oil stops moving completely (even the 'tits' flat as a smooth lake). I would go with Ethanol for gum absorption. Nice you have great resources. I would recommend a Sativa dominant 70/30 blended with a high CBD strain 2-1 ratio for daytime oil and as close to pure Indica like Master Kush (95% dominant) as an example for nighttime oil. Amazing what this daytime nighttime combo can do. Also if you would like Mo (wife) can Skype you're Nan for dosing instructions to insure her sugar levels/blood pressure are maintained by the concentrate. Digesting alone won't do this and in fact can make the erratic.

Cheers

Also if you would like Mo (wife) can Skype you're Nan for dosing instructions to insure her sugar levels/blood pressure are maintained by the concentrate. Digesting alone won't do this and in fact can make the erratic.

That would actually be very nice of you and your wife, I won't be needing that kind of help right now, but I will very much appreciate such help in the future. She knows I'm doing my research where I live, she has no idea I'm growing for her yet, but i have talked to her about it and she's very open to trying it, she also thinks she can't afford it yet but I am one step ahead. She understands it could be years before her doctor actually asks her to try it, and that she needs to fight for her right to have it as soon as possible, and share her story with other diabetics.

So this is definitely going to happen, she's ready to try anything and I'm ready to make it happen. Its just a matter of time untilI get the amount I need and the time to be with her. But my boss knows I'm growing, and he's helping me out a lot, he's going to help me with time off when I need to go down to be with her as she lives in another province.

So I will add you as a friend and PST you when I'm closer to that time, and we can Skype to help show my grandmother what to do. I think your wife would do wonders not only for the information she has to share, but for my nans confidence in the situation. I'm still a kid, I'm 21 and I am legally an adult basically around the globe, but to my parents, my grandmother, people younger, and even a little older than me are still the kids of the world. Not that I mean to call you old, but I think my nanny would love to hear it from a fellow adult, someone who isn't her grandson, I'm sure she would be touched that a stranger would take the time.

Thanks again so much, I will be keeping in touch.

That would actually be very nice of you and your wife, I won't be needing that kind of help right now, but I will very much appreciate such help in the future. She knows I'm doing my research where I live, she has no idea I'm growing for her yet, but i have talked to her about it and she's very open to trying it, she also thinks she can't afford it yet but I am one step ahead. She understands it could be years before her doctor actually asks her to try it, and that she needs to fight for her right to have it as soon as possible, and share her story with other diabetics.

So this is definitely going to happen, she's ready to try anything and I'm ready to make it happen. Its just a matter of time untilI get the amount I need and the time to be with her. But my boss knows I'm growing, and he's helping me out a lot, he's going to help me with time off when I need to go down to be with her as she lives in another province.

So I will add you as a friend and PST you when I'm closer to that time, and we can Skype to help show my grandmother what to do. I think your wife would do wonders not only for the information she has to share, but for my nans confidence in the situation. I'm still a kid, I'm 21 and I am legally an adult basically around the globe, but to my parents, my grandmother, people younger, and even a little older than me are still the kids of the world. Not that I mean to call you old, but I think my nanny would love to hear it from a fellow adult, someone who isn't her grandson, I'm sure she would be touched that a stranger would take the time.

Thanks again so much, I will be keeping in touch.

I am old my young friend, lol. But honestly since on the oil we have become much younger. I love your attitude Brother and regardless of age we all our Brothers and Sisters trying to eek our way through life. What I do love about you is your attitude towards your Nan! Your heart is in the right place!

Your Boss and you should learn how to use the oil in our dosing tutorial or 'skype'. Why is this important? It will teach you in short order the proper strains to grow. Not to mention your boss's business would boom with an energetic feeling of Sativa dominant during the day. Then its "Miller" time :). Keep the positive attitude up Brother, its a true blessing at your age to look after your elders. It shows your kindness and compassion that lies in your heart. The oil will take that to new heights!

Warmest regards,
Motoco

New poster here - just diagnosed with pre-diabetes, also dealing with PMR and moderate kidney disease. I'm 75, so none of it should be unexpected, but I'm very interested in using MJ to alleviate my pain and other symptoms. I have a local youngster growing some high CBD plants for me in his high tech growing facility, but it will be months before I get any of that. Hopefully, he can supply me with something to try while we nurture the "girls". I welcome any comments on what I should try - not interested in getting high, but would love the anti-depressant quality of some varieties. I live alone and am getting to the point of wondering if life is worth living, like this.

New poster here - just diagnosed with pre-diabetes, also dealing with PMR and moderate kidney disease. I'm 75, so none of it should be unexpected, but I'm very interested in using MJ to alleviate my pain and other symptoms. I have a local youngster growing some high CBD plants for me in his high tech growing facility, but it will be months before I get any of that. Hopefully, he can supply me with something to try while we nurture the "girls". I welcome any comments on what I should try - not interested in getting high, but would love the anti-depressant quality of some varieties. I live alone and am getting to the point of wondering if life is worth living, like this.

Cowbelle, are you still out there? Can we talk?

Cowbelle, are you still out there? Can we talk?

Oh yes, I'm here reading almost every day! I so want to feel better, - and don't need to care about any drug test - am retired an live in CO, so using MJ isn't a problem. I do need to find out about getting a medical Mj card. I could do a grow here in my house, have room, but the young man offered and it seems they have all the equipment to do it well. Thanks for answering my post, Sue.

Oh yes, I'm here reading almost every day! I so want to feel better, - and don't need to care about any drug test - am retired an live in CO, so using MJ isn't a problem. I do need to find out about getting a medical Mj card. I could do a grow here in my house, have room, but the young man offered and it seems they have all the equipment to do it well. Thanks for answering my post, Sue.

I'm so pleased that you have someone willing to grow for you. This is wonderful news and portends a great future for you that doesn't include debilitating pain. :yahoo:

We can work all this out here, or in the Study Hall. I'll leave that up to you.

Back
Top Bottom