Can cannabis oil bring on a healing crisis?

Lady Jules

I've been taking the oil at nighttime now for 4 weeks - building up the dose to about 8 rice grains. My aim is to come off my meds completely, I have already stopped taking Cymbalta (3 months ago), Cimzia (6 weeks ago) but I am still on codeine - been on it for 6 years. I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and have lived with chronic depression since I was 17 (57 now). It has been a battle to stay alive at several points in my life. Anyway - for the last 3 days my depression is back with a vengeance (suicidal) and I have diarrhoea and acid reflux. Should I be worried or this some sort of healing crisis with my body going through a reboot?

I realise that reducing codeine has physical and mental/emotional effects but I have been taking 30-45 mg a day for a month now (reduced from 120 mg). Any advice gratefully received as I do not want to give up 4 weeks in.

Different people get affected differently; both my dad and me take oil for different reasons but it makes me ultra paranoid and he doesn't get paranoid. Different strains have different effects, CBD is the most analgesic so perhaps trying a different strain with less THC. Unfortunately its all trial and error.

I can't find the video but kids with heavy epilepsy drugs would get worse for a few weeks when taken off a drug and then better as their bodies got used to being without it. As for the diarrhea, a friend with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) said he used Metamucil; its marketed for constipation so most people think its a laxative but it stabilizes your digestive system, works both ends. The orange one tastes like Tang, makes you solid in the caboose, just drink one with every meal. If you wait too long it becomes like orange baby food so drink it fast.

Besides a low THC strain, some people with sensitive stomachs have found that oil in suppository for is better.

[video=youtube;-hUoyXKf81c]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom