Cannabis oil and immunotherapy

Bknight

Hello all,

This a quick summary of my mother's condition. She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer estrogen positive that spread primarily to her liver and partially lungs in Feb 2015. She was on chemo and then in Nov we tried a clinical trial with the flu virus and immunotherapy. Basically at the beginning of Dec 2015 the trial went to shit. My mother's liver got swollen, she developed ascites and she became very yellow in the skin due to liver failure. The doctor told us that the chemo will probably stop her heart. Basically they started with the strongest dose of chemo at about 10mg and 15mg (normal dose is 80mg) and it didn't do anything and the oncologist said it won't do anything for her. So my brother and I decided to get thc oil and cbd oil. We basically give her 1g suppository and maybe a drop or 2 ingesting and give her like 100 to 150mg of cbd oil under the tongue.

Basically her cancer markers dropped from 35,000 to 1,750 a few days ago.

The issue now is that the cancer spread to her brain and we are almost certain it was when the clinical trial went bust and my mother had no type of treatment for a month or more since the trial wasn't working.

The doctors say she has to do radiation which she just started on Friday.

We were approached with another clinical trial that is used with radiation and basically it unleashes the immune system to fight the cancer and the doctors said a few of the few people on it currently are doing great and they believe it's very possible it can cure my mother.

Now the questions:

1) Does anyone have any input or articles on the effects of thc oil with immunotherapy? I can't find anything

2) I read that cannabis normalizes the immune system for example with autoimmune diseases. If this is the case is it possible that the thc and cbd oil will slow down the immune system if the drug is basically unleashing the immune system to full blast attack mode?

3) My mother's cancer markers were 1,750 about 5 days ago and yesterday went up for the first time in 3 months to 2,025. She has been off chemo for 2 weeks and missed a few days of the oil in the past 2 weeks because she has issues with tolerance. Does anyone have suggestions for increasing her tolerance or anyone have an idea why they went up? Should she take more oil ingesting?

4) I bought Colorado Cannabis Oil from caregivers for life in Denver and the oil is 95% thc and I bought Marys Medicinals high cbd oil tincture from there too. Is this a good place to buy the oil if? Also does anyone have a better place/oil/product to purchase in Colorado or California?

5) Is there a different ratio of thc/cbd I should give her? We give her probably at least 150mg of CBD daily

I'm really sorry for the long post and I hope someone can help us because we believe if it wasn't for cannabis oil my mother wouldn't be around today.

Kind regards

I'm a newbie on this forum and am very interested in a response on this thread. Recent diagnosis of melanoma with 2 nodules on my lungs. Will start immunotherapy next week. Looking forward to a response. Thanks.

This is interesting, my dad has cancer and is on immunotherapy trial. I would like to know if oil would interfere with the drugs or if it would benefit him. I wouldst want to suggest it if it may have an adverse affect. or would it be ok??

Did you ever get any clarity around this? We have been using RSO all along and now that my husband is on key Truda a person who is going to help us with dosing is saying that the two are incompatible

Back
Top Bottom