How safe is marijuana for more elderly people?

TheJunkyG

I read a lot about all the various health benefits but I have a family member that is rather elderly and I was curious if I should be worried that some strains may be rather harmful for her or not, does it matter where the cancer is in particular, or is it more about the type of strain and seeds that may be used that would be the real issue? Could someone give me some insight into this or pass me in the right direction, thanks! :thanks:

I read a lot about all the various health benefits but I have a family member that is rather elderly and I was curious if I should be worried that some strains may be rather harmful for her or not, does it matter where the cancer is in particular, or is it more about the type of strain and seeds that may be used that would be the real issue? Could someone give me some insight into this or pass me in the right direction, thanks! :thanks:

I will have to send you to Sweet Sue. I'll attach a link to one of her journals that will be helpful for you. Talk to her. She has vast knowledge about marijuana.

The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

I think Sue is going to point you in the direction of growing a high cbd strain, making oil, then tacking. I know how to do all those things, but she knows why it works and she will be able to explain it to you better than I can.

Thanks for providing the reference link above, I will make sure to take the time to look over what she has already provided and will try to direct any questions I end up having to her in the future about it!

It depends on the cancer and where it is. Different dosing protocols are better for different things. Rule of thumb. THC Kills cancer. CBD helps with inflamation as well as many other things, but the THC is the cancer killer. I hope this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:

Thanks for the information, I know a some about it but I had no idea in regards to CBD and inflamation, that is definitely good to know. Although of course cancer is the main focus for me, I do appreciate you sharing this :)

Thanks for providing the reference link above, I will make sure to take the time to look over what she has already provided and will try to direct any questions I end up having to her in the future about it!

Thanks for the information, I know a some about it but I had no idea in regards to CBD and inflamation, that is definitely good to know. Although of course cancer is the main focus for me, I do appreciate you sharing this :)
I can't stress enough how helpful she is. It will make her day if you tell her your story and ask for her guidance. She will welcome you to her journal with open arms. She's such a sweet person.

I can't stress enough how helpful she is. It will make her day if you tell her your story and ask for her guidance. She will welcome you to her journal with open arms. She's such a sweet person.

I have popped her a response on another thread but not in too much detail in regards to just how safe Marijuana is for an elderly individual. I will have to compile some questions more specifically to ask her and see how it goes, although just digging around on the forums I am finding an overwhelming amount of information and more than enough resources to answer a lot of questions, and learn a lot of new things in the process!

And I found you JG. :battingeyelashes: :love:

So, in regards to this elderly family member, let's start with your definition of elderly. I'm 62 and feel like I'm 35, so age is relative. Cannabis doesn't care about your age. You'd have to take the trouble to find the patient's optimal therapeutic dose and then reestablish the subjective therapeutic dose with every new medical strain anyway. Cannabis is entirely individual to each patient, but it's completely safe to use at every age and in any state of health.

That should have alleviated your safety concerns. We can offer you plenty of guidelines to avoid adverse effects as well as proven methods to effectively and quickly deal with any that might spring up unexpectedly. So we know it's safe. Now let's talk about the protocol. If you're dealing with cancer you want a strain high in THC. If you're dealing with cancer you're also dealing with inflammation, so CBD becomes of great value.

We can go into reasons more deeply later if you've a mind to explore further, but for now you need to know that we have many resources available to help you develop a healing path for your family member, or at the very least, help them come into the end stage in a kinder and more compassionate way. I'm always available to you JG. You have only to PM me. I see you've passed the necessary 50 posts to qualify for the privilege to send PMs. Feel free to pepper me with questions. The more you ask out here on the floor, the more learning everyone else can gain from our discussion, but I realize there may be personal issues, hence the invitation to PM.

Regardless, I'm here and I'm available for any questions. Together we're stronger. Ask away. :love:

OK Sue, what angel dropped you from heaven?

:thanks:

Keith

Back
Top Bottom