Best strains for anxiety?

stoop14

I picked up a few high cbd strains because ppl said their good for anxiety. I haven't received them yet. CBD Rene, Afghani CBD, Cannatonic. I haven't smoked in like 16 years. I stopped back then because of the paranoid feeling i always got and made my anxiety that much worse. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a different strain. Also does anyone know if any of those strains i bought are good for daytime usage, when i'm at work and stuff, doesn't burn you out or make your head cloudy. Or could u recommend a strain that is good for daytime use for anxiety/depression/ocd (ya i'm messed up). Thanks for any and all input.

:welcome: to 420 Magazine.

I've heard good things about Cannatonic and it being good for reducing anxiety and daytime pain relief. I'm also on the lookout for a daytime anxiety crushing med. I hope someone with more knowledge than us can provide some suggestions.

:circle-of-love:

I find that indica strains bring on paranoia and cloudiness - leading to confusion and stress on my part.
Sativas don't do this to me, though some strains can cause a real 'busy' agitated feeling. Only certain ones though.
My all time favourite strain at this point is Golden Tiger by Ace Seeds. This bud just makes me feel so happy. I can think totally clearly, multitask like a superhuman, and it lifts me right out of any stressed out funk I happen to be in. Takes about 14 weeks flowering time.

Hi there I understand your problem completely. Try a well balanced strain . Such as skunk haze. It also depends on how your stuff was grown. The last thing you want is unflushed or contaminated weed with pesticides. You will have that brain fog and your nervous system all wrecked leading you to have a gritty feeling the next day needing pain relief from tablet. Which may induce anxiety and problem solving problems the following day. as a side effect. Any strain with high CBD should be OK. Just depends what suits you , if you like sativa high or India. To be honest every plant had it's own unique charectetistics. Choose a decent organic dispensary. Try a couple and let us know . I suffer from general anxiety and panic attacks.

I too have anxiety, smoking definitely helps me, but some days im ok and not anxious while others are stressful and the marijuana i smoke seems to get me headaches as well. By looking at the bud, the leaves are dark, almost black-ish. maybe mold durring the harvest. Personally I think the harvest was too early or the cure was done improperly. But if anyone has tips. Im currently growing MOB (Mother of Berries), a heavy Indica, should help with my anxiety and depression. Namaste' all.

I really think it's personal preference. What works for me, may not for you. I grew some CBD Critical Mass, it's a great strain imo, but my friend freaked out on it and it's a 1:1?

I recently harvested Pineapple Skunk. It's been curing for 3 weeks now and it's the most pleasant vape i've ever had. No anxiety or paranoia, just a really happy, clear, smiley buzz, but if you read up on leafly, it says anxiety issues? I also think the key to using cannabis is small doses. Getting the dose right is essential, for me anyway :)

I too have anxiety, smoking definitely helps me, but some days im ok and not anxious while others are stressful and the marijuana i smoke seems to get me headaches as well. By looking at the bud, the leaves are dark, almost black-ish. maybe mold durring the harvest. Personally I think the harvest was too early or the cure was done improperly. But if anyone has tips. Im currently growing MOB (Mother of Berries), a heavy Indica, should help with my anxiety and depression. Namaste' all.

Hi there mate I have some time for you. The cannnabis that gives you a headache. Is probably heavily pushed on the nutrients. Unless the leaves were purple to cold weather could also be it. I don't think the cure will effect your headach. I do have some advice. Try to grow your weed organic. Use a clean vegable based nutrient line. Or something that has no poop or blood meal. Or fish lol. Too much dieseases to watch out for lol. Unless you got a cow. If use it manure any day. lol

Some advice on how to grow reasonably easily, go easy on the nutrients. Dry out soil completely before each watering. Unless you want damp conditions in flowering and introduce gnat. Or even introduce fungus or harm your roots.

Air prune your roots though a air pot.

Use all mix soil, add some coco about 20 percent for extra drainage. Add some washed pebbles also.

Use al a mig from biobizz, it has calcium and magnesium in case you run into trouble with coco. it also has seas compressed kelp to help with high temperatures. Also add some aloe Vera. To keep up the demands ! To increase plant seeds immune system and resistant against buds. 2 big additives I would choose.

Also add some bio bizz premix, in case of deficiencies, small amount, maybe a top dress, every 4 weeks

I don't advise anything in veg unless your vegging over a month. Maybe a small nitrogen boost will help towards the end.

In flowering, go easy on the flowering boosters and nutrients. I advise using bio canna booster and flower. Small amounts again please.

You won't have to worry about ph. The plant will take what ever it needs slow release. What I trying to tell you is keep it simple. Don't think adding big lights will improve everything. And nutrients re going. To help. Perfect your environment for the everything to work otherwise you will end up with what you created lol.

Keep temperatures low in flowering. Use a dehumidifier.

Dry properly.
Most important.

Also I forgot. Look into Cbn, mm genetics has a good overview of the main cannaboids. They have had there strains tested. Basically cbn is what gets us sedated.

I will be running atleast 8 cbd strains to find the perfect one for me . Seedsman have introduced a hash plant with high cbd content. Good for sleep. That's if you let it get to you lol. I'm the opposite I need hybrid. To take the edge off things.

Wow I'm surprised your friend freaked out. Maybe other factors affected him like he was already stoned lol. Really surprised. Just shows you have to grow a couple to find the prefect one lol. Just like marriage. You need to find the right one.

General anxiety. Social anxiety. Depression. Insomnia.

At its worst I stopped going to the end of the driveway to get the mail because I didn't like the thought of people observing me. I couldn't make eye contact with checkout people at the store because I felt like they were judging what I was buying. My body would inexplicably go into fight or flight mode when getting my hair trimmed which caused sweating, shaking, heart racing, tunnel vision, shallow breathing, metallic taste. It's irritating. Even while it's happening I know it's completely unfounded but I'm powerless to stop it. It causes me to shut down and avoid things that might cause such intense discomfort. Mundane, everyday things.

I, too, believe the best strain for anxiety is very much a personal preference. When I began my search for anxiety relief and the accompanying depression and insomnia I started with the recommended Indica type strains thinking I wanted to suppress my anxiety and finally get a good night's sleep. First I grew Northern Lights, a popular Indica strain. It was OK. It helped with stress and insomnia but wasn't very good for use during the day. Next I grew an Aurora Indica. The AI couched my most seasoned connoisseur friends and it was agreed it was altogeather too sedating.

Feeling that the Indica route wasn't working I changed course and grew a Sativa strain called Jock Horror. The grow was a little rough but the bud that I had I enjoyed a little better. It was the best tasting bud I've grown and I still want another try to give it a proper review.

Next I tried a Hybrid 70/30 Sativa/Indica, Pure Power Plant. I found a winner with PPP. It gives me an upbeat, motivating buzz. I call it my "walkin around weed". I can vape .2g or .4g every four hours and be good to go. A little extra in the evening will sit me down comfortably.

I'm currently consuming my AK-48 harvest which seems to lean back towards a softer Indica buzz that leaves me feeling unfulfilled. I feel like I can keep toking buds till the cows come home and I won't quite get to where I need to be. Add in a little caffeine from a cup or two of coffee to get me going and I still really have to work to get through my day not feeling quite right mentally.

I'm on my way back to Pure Power Plant. I just picked up another pack of PPP seeds in fact. It's my first re-order of a strain. I've tried a few others that I haven't grown and this one just works for me. It helps me sustain a "life's too short to worry so hard" point of view without loosing compassion, empathy and drive. The drive is important in keeping my depression at bay. My ability to get out and do the things I need to do as a productive person in society, not to mention as a father, to stay engaged in life rather than sheltered in a false sense of security from self isolation comes from a Sativa dominant blend.

/Obi

I am the same wan, best relief I found was getting atleast 9 hours of sleep. My anxiety Andy panic attacks were that bad , it was unbearable. You feel depressed sometimes. Kickboxing helped me out a lot!!!

By the Way, why haven't you tried a high cbd strain? And abit of a personal question, why do you stick with nirvana. I might give them a go . Have you tried any other seed banks with succcess,

By the Way, why haven't you tried a high cbd strain? And abit of a personal question, why do you stick with nirvana. I might give them a go . Have you tried any other seed banks with succcess,

I just started a few of Nirvana's Supreme CBD Durban along side a 10 pack of PPP. It's supposed to be a 1:1 CBD strain with 8% THC. I'm curious to give that a try.

Mau and Nirvana have been in the cannabis business for over 30 years and I've had success with their seeds. I feel like their products lean a little more towards consistent commercial cultivation and a little less towards boutique strain of the moment novelty, however, the genetic selection is diverse enough to suit a wide range growers. For a long time I bought seeds from them direct. They've recently changed their pricing and I now get their seeds cheaper at various seeds banks.

I've tried some other breeders like Barny's Farm but I messed up the grows and can't really give an opinion on them yet.

I've been smoking and vaping my recently harvested CBD Therapy for the last few weeks. This was advertised for a while as a 20:1 CBD-THC strain- till they realized they hadn't stabilized it as well as they thought. Now it's listed as between 2:1 and 20:1. Gives a slight indica style high, but very mild. I feel happy and functional. It's very calming. Some pain reduction I think, but not huge- though it may be more effective if I used it as some sort of edible. Helps a lot with sleep- got me passing out before midnight instead of doing my usual sleep at 4 or 5 am routine.
I do notice a bit of a dopey feeling from it, and a bit of that dopey indica hangover feeling the next day, but it's minor. Also because it brings me a peaceful calm feeling- I find that it doesn't bother me. I just don't care.

I've been smoking and vaping my recently harvested CBD Therapy for the last few weeks. This was advertised for a while as a 20:1 CBD-THC strain- till they realized they hadn't stabilized it as well as they thought. Now it's listed as between 2:1 and 20:1. Gives a slight indica style high, but very mild. I feel happy and functional. It's very calming. Some pain reduction I think, but not huge- though it may be more effective if I used it as some sort of edible. Helps a lot with sleep- got me passing out before midnight instead of doing my usual sleep at 4 or 5 am routine.
I do notice a bit of a dopey feeling from it, and a bit of that dopey indica hangover feeling the next day, but it's minor. Also because it brings me a peaceful calm feeling- I find that it doesn't bother me. I just don't care.

I have some Therapy seeds that i wanted to grow. Then i found out the same as you said about not being stable, so i didnt grow them. I have some Candida CD1 to try. The THC levels are said to be 0.3% - 0.9% CBD between 10% -20%

Back
Top Bottom